Recurring dream where i cheat on my wife

So in the past 3 months I have had this dream 5 times where i go out with different women 2 times in the dream i have know these women the other 3 i have no idea. But in the dreams we don’t always do the same thing one time we went to a high school football game the other out to eat, go to the movies. Typical first date stuff. The one recurring thing is that in the dream i am really happy and I am knowingly cheating on my wife. I even tell the person that I am married with a kid. 2 times in the dreams i even take the ladies to my parents to meet. I am married and have been for a year with my wife who i have known for 3 years. I also have a six month old son. What does the dream mean or should i even be asking if I already know the answers. I am really confused. I had the 5th dream 2 days ago and really haven’t been able to sleep since. I have been searching the net for answers and even made this account because of this. Please excuse my spelling errors.

Dreams of having an affair is the subconscious mind’s way of seeking emotional satisfaction in a way that would be unacceptable in waking life.

If I was to take a blind guess I would say it is your mind doing what you no longer can, the first date type stuff can be alluring and fun, this is something that you are likely missing now you are married, whether or not you realise it and as such is being played out in your dreams. The fact you are aware in the dream you are having an affair and happily doing so also leads me to this conclusion. Marriage is a life changing event, it is only natural to miss that which you can no longer have.

What I do have to ask it what you meant by:

What do you feel the answer is?

I think your right about “subconscious mind’s way of seeking emotional satisfaction” i mean my marriage hasn’t been all glamor but anyone who has been married understands. I think my dream means I am not doing something right or maybe i am not listening to my self while i am awake and this is the only way my mind can tell me that something isn’t right and maybe that is why i keep having it. that’s what i meant by why ask when i already know the answer but thanks for the reply :smile: :