Remember your dreams: a technique that has worked for me.

This is still extremely experimental, seeing as that I haven’t had sufficient time to test it yet; I’ve only tried it three times, but have had 100% success with it so far (which could be coincidental).

This is just a simple, easy thing you can do while laying in bed that could/can possibly help with your dream recall.

Just open your window enough that you can hear the outside wind and sounds. Focus on the soothing white-noise as you fall asleep, and (because those sounds change slightly all throughout the night) you will find yourself very slightly more conscious in your dreams, allowing your conscious mind to more accurately recall dreams. Last night I remembered 3 dreams (I’ve never remembered three dreams in one night!), and the night before remembered two in full. The two nights before I tried it I remembered absolutely none.

It’s worth a try… It’s been very sucessful for me. Last night I had a FA from a ND (but didn’t do a reality check) in which I was talking to a dreamsign of mine about dreaming (very close to becoming lucid!).

It shouldn’t be open enough that it really gets you cold after a few minutes - just enough that a little air can come in, and the sound of the outside world can come in.

This might work, but the positive effects are probably based on a kind of self-fulfilling prophecy. You open your window and think to yourself “this will increase dream recall”. Yet the fact that you think so, is a kind of auto suggestion which alone can already explain the good results. But perhaps it does have it’s merits, and the fresh air and outdoor sounds do increase recall. Who knows … fact is, if this technique works for you, then use it!

I didn’t expect it to work the first night, actually :razz:. One day I realized “hey, I had my window open, maybe that did something to slightly help”. I tried it the second night (not actually 100% believing it would work), and low and behold it worked again.

Aha but you gave yourself away, lol! Since that one day, you think that it was your window that was open that helped you, and you really wanted that to be so, and after that you tried it again and lo and behold! Dream recall increased! :razz:

Ofcourse I dont deny it might have positive effects, just realize that auto suggestion is a big part of such techniques too :smile:.

heh when I tried to increase recall before, I simply added it to my mantra and had the intention to remember them. Most of it is motivation to remember, to focus on what you want. Because LDs are not gonna just happen, and recall is not gonna just happen. you have to consciously focus on recall and lucidity. and while your dreaming focus on the dream you maintain concsiousness enough to remember your dream and possibly become lucid.

Your technique though I could see working with a WILD, I listened to my computer fans when I did WILD, I have only had 4 successful WILDS but all during that time I was focusing on the sound of the computerfans all into HI and SP

Maybe it helps me personally so much because I LOVE the sound of the outside. It’s one of the most calming sounds I can ever ever listen to.

I also extremely enjoy the very very slight cool breeze.

Well im having problems with dream recall right now but i think it’s just because im trying to organize some things like change of bedtime etc. I just wonder because i normally recall an average of 2-4 dreams per night.

Lol I always listen to these sounds to practice lucid living. They’re so serene and beautiful! I’ve noticed a little increase in dream recall however… Don’t know if it’s due to the outside sounds… It’s an intriguing idea nevertheless :smile: