Reyth REM Dreamer Log

20th Day Report

Only 11 flashes which is strange as the 4 threshold worked last time…

No cues and no dream recall.

Well, my hands are tied I’m going to move the threshold down to 3 and keep the light settings the same.

Reyth

21st Day Report

29 flashes, 4 dream recalled and no cues.

Going to the last light setting available:

10 & 1/20 (value 1)

Finally I’ll be done with the settings… :whew:

Reyth

PS Stay tuned for my full analysis of the unit tomorrow! :partying_face:

22nd Day Report

Hmm, only 11 flashes and one dream recalled with no cues. I’m not sure what the low flash total means but I will watch it.

Well I would love to be done with the settings but I realized I never tried the 1 blink per second setting. So I will try 3 settings with 1 blink per second. I hope that I get even stronger cues as this would give me long term flexibility with either 1 or 2 blinks per second.

Setting to 1 blink per second and 1/10 (value 2).

Reyth

23rd Day Report

20 flashes, 5 dreams recalled. No cues.

This isn’t necessarily surprising because at 2 blinks per second I didn’t have any strong cues until I hit 1/4 second.

So that’s what I will do bump it to 1/4 second (value 5).

Reyth

24th Day Report

Wow! Mega cues! 19 flashes, 2 dreams recalled.

I climbed up to a high ridge because I was determined to have a lucid dream. I lie down and go to sleep. I find myself looking out over the ridge and I see the lights blinking in the mask and this time they are red. I realize that I must be dreaming and then feel someone lightly kick me in the abdomen. I get up (from “sleep”) to see who kicked me. It is a dreamer from the ld4all site. He says that he has had 16 LD’s in Jan and that he is setting a space aside for a 3rd dreamer. I say that it is because we sacrifice and climb up here to “blink” that we are successful. I lay back down and go to “sleep”. I see a man whom I follow to a public restroom in a large mall. I walk out to the mall and I see the lights blinking red again while wearing the mask. I wonder how I could see with the mask on and a woman gives me a strange look. I take the mask off and try to look normal…

Ok, so I think that 1 blink per second may be a stronger setting than 2 blinks and so to prove it I will go for the max at 1/2 second (value 10).

This is the final light setting adjustment available.

See you tomorrow.

Reyth

25th Day Report

Well unfortunately I only have 1 dream recalled and consciousness is so faded I barely remembered it.

There was a white light blinking in the darkness and people are watching how I handle it. I switch perspectives keeping the light as my center of focus and the crowd “ahhh’s”.

So I will leave the settings where they are and go again tomorrow

Reyth

keep up this post im thinking about buying one .

No problem. I’m almost settled down and ready to focus hard on these cues.

Reyth

26th Day report

2 dreams recalled and only 17 flashes (the mask was off my head for awhile :wallhit:)

I experienced the following cue:

I am guiding a woman because she is lucid dreaming. I tell her that she can perform any action she wants. She is cooking eggs and thinks about it. I then start to describe the mask settings to her as I lie down. She asks about the off setting. I say that there is an off setting and suddenly the mask starts blinking. It gets so bright I say that it’s blinding me and start to try to turn it off. I wake up with the mask blinking.

Ok, now for my analysis of the unit…

The cost of the unit is $150 US. In my estimation it is worth every penny. I consider the unit to be like a personal “mini-portable-sleep lab” and is an excellent compliment to any endeavor to lucid dream.

The unit is extremely reliable for detecting REM sleep.

The key to having success with the unit lies in the settings, specifically the light settings, because even though the unit detects REM and flashes it means nothing if the signals are not perceived.

Intention will also be required to recognize the cues.

I have found the cues manifest in 2 forms:

1. Dreaming of wearing the mask and experiencing the flashes as in the waking

2. Lights in the dreaming environment

So intentions to recognize the cues should incorporate both forms. The first form can be addressed by getting in the habit of using the reality test button. The second by paying attention to lights in the waking state and performing appropriate RC’s.

In 26 days I had the following results:

1 LD and 10 cues. The number of cues is somewhat misleading as alot of time was spent adjusting the settings and I have only found a very narrow band of light settings where I reliably perceive the lights. And even if only half were recognized it would thereby have the potential of a lucid dream every 3-4 days.

Personally I thnk the potential is much higher with the proper settings.

I really didn’t put in much specific effort to recognizing the cues to kind of see what would happen and it seems the literature is correct in that it requires a specific training effort to reap the maximum results.

I found a secret about keeping the mask on. When I put it on I bring the headband down to my ears (below the upper lobe, against where the external ear meets the head) and then adjust the band in the back of the head as low towards the neck as I can while retaining comfort. That goes a long way to secure the mask. The final key to keeping it on the head is to place my hand between my head and the pillow. I place my hand on the band and it has the effect of lifting the circuit board from being in direct contact with the pillow. That is what causes the mask to come off in my opinion. I move my head while asleep and the circuit board catches on the pillow, forcing the mask to come off.

I am done with my initial research. I am more than happy with the unit. I will focus now on the cues. Every time I see the red lights in the mask I will use the reality test button (even though I “know” I just woke up). I will work on waking intentions to recognize the “light”.

I will only post here regarding lucid dreams induced by the device and any conceptual breakthroughs I might have.

I will be using the following settings:

Delay (1234): I will use 3 hours and if it seems reasonable work down to 2 hours.

Off (1234): I turn the device off after each period of sleep so that the batteries are preserved and the number of flashes are reset. I place the device in the box it came in until it is time to sleep again.

Flash/beep length (1234 & 1234): Max it out at 250 seconds. Here’s a tip: Just hold the button down until it stops beeping and that’s 250 :wink:

Brightness (1234): 6 (maximum)

Volume (1234): 0 (off). I may at some point experiment with the beeper and it’s effect on dream consciousness.

Threshold (1234): I think 3 is the most reliable setting for me.

Number of flashes per second (1234): The most powerful setting is 1. My reliable perceptual range is 1-2.

Flash length in fractions of a second (1234): The most powerful setting is 10 (1/2 second). My reliable perceptual range is 5 (1/4 second) -10.

Ok, time to get this thing rocking! :hurray:

Reyth

Ok had another semi-lucid dream where I “woke up” with the mask and started telling a dream character they were dreaming.

To define my usage here, semi-lucid means that I mention that it is a dream but do not declare that [i]I[/i] am dreaming.

I’ve had 3 of these in the last 4 days. I don’t really know how to counteract this phenomenon and I don’t really understand it either. If anybody can explain it to me and/or knows how to eliminate it through intention etc. please feel free to post here.

Reyth

Awsome post , you really have been doing your homework .Thank you ,when I buy it I will tell the company about your post .

I was asking this lady about this device she was working on but shes never got back with us check it out.dreamviews.com/forum/viewtop … remdreamer

It’s a pity your REM-dreamer log is over :sad:
I ordered REM-dreamer couple days ago and i find this topic very useful and interesting since it has a lot of info about the settings and the cues.
So how is it lately? Seing any more cues? :smile:

I think I’ll buy a REM-Dreamin and this thread is very interesting, thanks for that :smile:

I got my rem dreamer about a week and half ago .I have had 2 lucid dreams not from the device giving me cues but from it waking me up from the light or me just trying to go back to sleep worrying if the device is going to work .Don’t know if that’s good thing but i have become lucid so i guess its good .Haven’t been able to get any cues ill keep working on it.

You’re lucky, I ordered mine march 17, and I do not have it for now.

It took about 3 1/2 weeks . I haven’t been wearing all the time but I have gotten a few cues with it. you definitely got to work with the settings .

3 1/2 weeks to get the RD? Good to know, I have to be patient :wink:

Well I took a bit of a break there…

I just went out and bought 4 AAA batteries and I’m starting again tonight.

Fortunately this post is still here and all my hard work, which I documented in great detail, will allow me to jump right in with the proper settings.

I suppose I might fiddle with the alarm some to see if it might help.

I will be confining my posts to cue reports at this time.

The settings are king. They are varied enough to obtain no results if they aren’t set properly. The final settings I posted are what I consider to be “maxed” settings. I’d say a person could start out with them and probably will be assured of getting cues without having to experiment.

Beyond that motivation is required to remember dreams and recognize the cues.

See you back here soon. :grin:

Reyth

Just a thought
Could it be possible that a very high percentage of the flasing light activity is caused by head movement not rem activity hense flashing lights recorded but no cues.
Also I have found a great help in recognizing cues is just watching the TV programmes for potential areas.
I hope the first paragraph has given a little food for thought.
AMG1234 :rofl: