RILD - Reason Induced Lucid Dream (Tested)

[center]RILD - Reason Induced Lucid Dream[/center]

This is a new technique. It’s environmentally friendly, as it’s not mind-hacking and is only based on thinking skills, no visualizations nor any mantra’s or autosuggestion. RILD is 100% original, not inspired by any other methods, posts or websites. Some step points can be found below.

Introduction

I’d like to clarify the fact that this technique is not just an idea. I tested it and it took me two weeks to find out that it’s really working. Everything started by coincidence. Two weeks ago I had cold. I woke up in the middle of the night, because I couldn’t breath well and had to blow my nose. I then said “Come on SC, I’m sick and you won’t even give me a LD ?”. I immediately went back to bed. That night I had the best and most vivid LD of my life. (This is not a joke. I’ll post my DJ entry with the LD here later.) Then, after two weeks, when I was healthy again, I tried this again. I did exactly how I coincidental did 2 weeks ago (the only difference was that I used another reason) and I had a LD again ! :smile: This one wasn’t really vivid, but it was long. I didn’t have any LD goal so it turned into a ND… but that’s not the point. Having finished my experience here, below I wrote the steps I followed with this technique.

Full detailed “How to” guide

First, you need to have a good reason why you want a LD. This may sound silly but it’s the main part of the technique. Don’t do this technique tonight, or right after you read this, no matter how good you are in LD’ing. You need a good reason for this. Wait at least 5 days. These five days don’t do any other tech. Just go to sleep normally. Now, don’t say “I want a lucid dream because I ate potato chips !”. That’s not a reason. Remember, what you think of you think it with the help of your SC - so if you think of tricking it, you won’t succeed. Everything needs to be done serious and truthfully. Why waiting 5 days (I waited 2 weeks myself) ? Because it will let your SC relax a bit. A good reason to have a LD would be if you have a really hard day tomorrow. If you have every day a hard day, then it’s not going to work that good. Something extra-hard for which you need extra-relaxation. Or simply if something sad happened - but something really sad. And a very important part: this reason needs to be out of your ordinary “routine” - and the reason needs to be something quite unhappy and true.

Second, before going to sleep don’t talk about it and repeat your reason like a mantra. Just turn off the lights, lay there in bed and don’t move your lips nor think of any words. Just let everything flow like a simple thought. The thought should be something like this: “SC, you know that [enter reason here], so please give me a LD tonight !”. But turn this message into a brain-wave. This is the hardest part - or it may seem hard at first. To be able to do this better, I suggest more than a week “break-time” (as I mentioned in the first paragraph). Don’t use visualizations. Everything needs to be just a thought - and, as a thought, this can even take only a second. Just be happy with yourself that you have done it right.

Third, go to sleep and don’t think about that anymore. To be able to do this, you need to be tired. Do some sport activity or something that makes you physically tired (if you live in an apartment flat, simply don’t use the elevator - use the stairs :tongue:). If you can’t fall that fast asleep simply think of something else. I usually think of something that happened that day and I make it better in my day-dream. This should make your thoughts wander by themselves and your mind should fall asleep.

And last, as an advice, try to wake up in the middle of the night - this is useful because it reminds your SC of it’s task. Just wake up when it’s still dark outside. If you can’t put your body to do that, use an alarm clock - but don’t make it ring too loud. Make it ring medium < low volume, as this would gently get your out of your dream world instead of brutally waking you up - which is very unpleasant :wink:. Next, don’t get up (except if you have to turn your alarm clock off - in that case go back to bed right after you did). Just lay there, eventually roll over, and repeat your “brain-wave” message which you did before going to sleep. After you are happy with it (think of it only once - if you are not happy with it, try again until you are happy and you think your SC understood it) go back to sleep and don’t think about it anymore. Falling asleep should be much easier now, as you were awake for only a few minutes or seconds.

Problem you might encounter

You may not be able to fall asleep that easy after waking up in the middle of the night. This happened to me. You would eventually get a very hard mental fatigue (If you don’t know what this is, it’s how your brain feels after having lost too many neurons or after it has been very brutally waken up or disturbed from a very relaxing activity. You may have experienced such a mental fatigue form writing and reading much or simply from watching too much computer :tongue:). In this case, I’d suggest easily getting up out bed, not brutally or the mental fatigue would turn into real pain, and going to pee. After that you should feel “refreshed” (|)) and you can go back to bed. It would eventually take some time before falling asleep. I don’t think many of you would experience this though.

ATTENTION: Do not try to do this technique if you have insomnia !

Hope this got you new hope and you are ready to try it out. Remember, the more you wait the more chances you get to succeed ! Patience is the answer :wink:. Tell me your opinion about this. And if you have questions or don’t understand something quite good, feel free to ask ! I’m more than happy to help any of you ! :smile: