Secondary thought?

When I was smaller, I restricted things from even going through my mind. I did this, “Just in case someone could read my mind.” So, I naturally developed a secondary thought. It thinks of what I will think of next. Sometimes, it comes into my dream, and plans out the dream. For example, once I had a false lucid dream, where my secondary thought came out of nowhere and it said, “Ok, time to realize I’m dreaming now.” And then I went lucid in the dream, but wasn’t really lucid. Anyone else have similar expiriences? (With the secondary thought.)

I think i have it. I got my ordinary thoughts, which are either in words or in pictures and then there’s a secondary thought, deep down which sometimes i barely notice. It’s like a feeling, explaining and saying something without using words or pictures. Sometimes it plans out what im going to think next - it’s also planned out dreams for me, as you said.
“Now is the time to meed this guy.”
“Now is the time to become lucid.”
“Now is the time to jump off a window.”
And so on.

Yes! Exactly! Except, when It says, “Time to go lucid.” I don’t go lucid. I have a FLD

nod I’ve went through a time when I was younger where I felt the need to develope some form of thought filters. Which had various effects.

I still get “secondary” dream thoughts while adventuring from time to time. There have even been a couple instances where I think my secondary thoughts were interacting with another DC’s secondary thoughts in a weird telepathic way. But, it is usualy step a, step b, consider c.

Interesting to hear others have similiar experiences at times.

Wow! I thought it was only me having this! Cool! :happy:

How often are you aware of your thoughts while dreaming, and how they create the dream?

usually I don’t notice, I am just dreaming and unaware

I’ll think “why is this here?” but I won’t see the thoughts that cause it to be there,
the programming code of the dream itself.

when you ARE lucid you can go into void or just start talking to yourself like a hypnotist to create really cool new dreams, using as big a vocabulary as possible

like “now i am in a huge airplane and flying it and doing amazing things and the airplane works perfectly and its really fun and the height is realistic and it feels just as good as a roller coaster”
then poof.

usually dream actions fail when you aren’t focused on a result for very long
like i was trying to fly last night and i couldn’t go very “high” even though I was “very high” and had a jet-pack, there were still mountains that were higher than me that I could not surpass, and I just wanted to be HIGH IN THE SKY FOR REAL.

Usually I’m aware of my thoughts…