self improtance, self elevation

it seems as if the greatest things to be taught, are transmissible by a simple gesture

do we realize we are dreaming by making the statement that we are
over and over again

or by truly, truly, asking the question, am I dreaming right now?
How can you do an RC unless the question comes?

If the knowledge is there, why ask the question?

There is a trend to seek spiritual understanding, why? Unless it feels good.

Have you ever broken apart your thoughts to see if you agree with them? or taken every-thing that is said to you literally ?

I’m glad you made this thread. I’ve heard too many horror stories of people waking up one day at age 40 and disparately wondering where all the years went. We spend all our time trying to become lucid in our dreams, but hardly ever try to remain lucid in our waking lives.

I think a lot more people would be happier if that just sat down and asked, "Who am I? " Many people would hopefully realize that the life path they chose is not the one they would be the happiest in, and many more would go on to live rich, fulfilling lives.

I’m not sure if that’s exactly what you meant by your post, but I wanted to share my opinion on the issue. :smile:

it doesnt matter wether you agree with your own thoughts or not, elevation is above agreeing or disagreeing. only importance snaps bits into pieces to be lost in their judgement.

There is a spiritual path called nondualism, which uses the question “Who am I?” as its central tenet. Ramana Maharshi is perhaps the best known representative of nondualism.

dreamster