Seriously unable to do anything.

So, I have had 5 LD’s and in every one, I’ve beat up whoever tried to kill me (It’s usually a nightmare) then went outside, and tried doing stuff. I believe and try my hardest to change the setting, fly, and other things, but I can’t control anything! I’m also having Super low Lucidity, and can’t seem to get very vivid LD’s… Please help,

-Xanderman222222

When new to lucid dreaming the goal and idea is not to do all the cool things immediately as you become lucid in your first lucid dreams. The idea is to get the frequency of lucid dreams as high as possible and then to raise awareness or lucidity however you prefer to call it inside the dream and after that make those dreams as stable as possible.

Once when you get those 3 steps working pretty nicely then you can try to do more awesome and amazing stuff but always go easy at the beginning…

Good luck! :content:

I am, first and foremost, no expert on this subject. However, I have recently faced a similar predicament; I became lucid and wanted to accomplish something, so, I went outside and called to the sky, “Let there be a mighty storm.” And there was a great storm. Now, this certainly sounds melodramatic, and the key is simply to command the world to do as you say, rather than just expecting it to be so.

If you want to change the setting, try spinning, it will work if you command it to.

I can relate to you. Now I have had some lucid dreams and was introduced purely by accident (wbtb? Wake back to bed?). Now I’m an introverted person and I definitely lack assertiveness. I have tried commanding my dreams. NEVER have I had success. Is there a greater theme we are missing here? I suspect it has to do with power of command. My subconscious has always run my show. Thoughts?

I’ve had the same sort of issue; I found that experience has alleviated it a lot; the more LDs I have the more Dream Control I have. I also found I have a knack for changing the scene; here’s a really simple technique. Turn around. Visualize your destination, or otherwise focus on it, and know you’ll be there when you turn around. You should find that you’re there, or otherwise almost there (I’ve seen the terrain blending into the desired location, so don’t be surprised if that happens). Another technique that works well is the same thing, but with a door. Instead of turning around, simply open the nearest door with the same intention. Back to the control issue, I think you need to find what works best with you, as the experience of others can only go so far in your mind. There are all sorts of things you can try; I’ve heard using a symbol or talisman of power (a remote control, an amulet, etc), which was just “in your pocket” all along (same thing as changing location, just know it’s there). I’ve also heard of drinking potions, flat-out commanding the dream, or persuading and working with it. It’s all about what works for you.
Anyway, I’m rambling, good luck :smile:.

Congrats for your 5 LDs first :smile: and personally i had only 3 LDs and they weren’t really vivid too and i had not much controle… i think the vividness and lucidity comes with the experience, we can’t have everything imidiatly :slight_smile: we need patience and it will come slowly ! Good Luck

Command, and so it shall be.

More seriously, confidence is key.