Shared dream with dad today. Amazing!

Okay guys!
Today I had a shared dream with my dad today. So here’s what happened.
Before I woke up, I dreamed of being in the kitchen near the garbage can hugging my dad. He was sitting on a chair near the garbage can and I was just patting his back. It was really random. Then I woke up, and so did my dad because I went to his room. As soon as he woke up, he said he had a dream about me. I was like, “Ha, funny, so did I!” He said, “Yeah, I was hugging you in the kitchen.” I was like “O,O what the heck?” so I took him to the kitchen and asked him where we were hugging. He pointed to the side of the garbage can, exactly where I was hugging him. I was going crazy and couldn’t believe it, but he couldn’t be making it up - it was incredibly random! He then described the hug, that I was tapping his back or something like that.
Thoughts?
By the way, I have had a shared dream with my brother 8 years ago… Could it be that people that are blood related could have shared dreams? Family? Please comment!

That’s awesome.

My personal opinion is that a strong connection between the dreamers makes a shared dream more likely. If family shared dreams are more common, it may be to do with genetics? that they are both more likely to be able to ‘reach out’?

Yeah. especially because we’re both familar with the same environment and know them well, so we know where we are because I live in the same home as my dad. So I think that has a lot to do with it! It’s a really cool phenomenon! But also weird o.o knowing your dreams are sometimes not as private as you think x)