So Groggy!

Hi All,

I’ve had lucid dreams in the past, but I stopped my practice for a while and I’m trying to get back into it. The trouble I’m running into now is that when I set my alarm or wake up from a dream I feel so groggy that I just go right back to sleep! The thing is I really do want to record my dreams and improve my recall, but I have a really hard time actually “snapping out of it” and actually waking myself up enough to get out of bed and write my dreams down or get up long enough to do a WILD. Does anybody have any advice or suggestions about what I can do to get over my groggyness?

hii!

Yeah, I have had the same problem. My advice is just to go to bed earlier! yeah, I don’t like going to bed early either, but when you are so tired at night, you should sleep longer. maybe you should change the time of your alarm. If you wake up at 5 am and you are tired, you should try 6 or something? It’s also not a good idea to do WBTB every night. you should just try some things :smile:

love, Lillyth.

If you’re using an alarm, you can set it up on the other side of the bedroom. When the alarm does go off, you’ll have to get out of bed to shut it off. That may help you become a little more awake.

Lillyth: I was just wondering where you heard that it’s bad to WBTB every night? As long as you get the correct amount of sleep in the end, it shouldn’t make a huge difference. I wouldn’t do it because of the inconvenience, but I’ve never heard of it actually being a bad thing.

Thanks Lillyth and Rhewin! I’ll definitely follow your advice. Come to think of it, I was going to sleep pretty late… Thanks guys. Happy dreaming :smile: