So whats it like????

Over the last 3 years, I have had an on again off again interest in LD and learning how. I am in one of those periods where I am interested again.

I have never had an LD… Sometimes I wonder if there is something wrong with me or I have some mental Block… I have read all the good books on LD, Tried several of the BWG CD’s, tried B-6 and some of the other supplements, and tried a lot of the other suggestions and methods etc……. I don’t feel uptight or anything about it…It’s kind of frustrating but still such a interesting subject to me…

I have some questions I hope some of you can answer that I have never really got out of books…

1.   During my times of interest and when I am actively trying, I do keep a DJ…   What do you guys do with your DJ?   I really very seldom go back and read it…  I guess the main point of keeping the DJ is to program you sub-concuss that your dreams are important?    Do you guys do anything else with your DJ…  I really never feel much like reading it after the fact and not really sure what, if anything else, I should be doing with my DJ.

2.   I do have what I think is fairly decent Dream recall.. But to me I have never had the High Definition dream everyone talks about…  Do some of you really have dreams that look and feel just like real life???  To me my dreams are 80% feelings(Emotion) and 20% visual…   Most of the time my dreams are fuzzy as far as the visuals ..   Hard to explain.. It’s like it’s the Emotional part of the dream that leaves its impact on me when I wake up… But I never see like vibrant colors or super clear scenery..

I have never experienced that High Definition and wondered if someone could tell me what it’s like…

1.   Does this High Definition only occur in LD’s or sometimes in normal dreams as well?

Thanks for your input…

I will keep trying, hoping, dreaming that someday I will have a LD…

I haven´t had too many LDs, only like five or six. Like two of my LDs have been super clear, just like IRL. My NDs are clear as day sometimes but sometimes it just fuzzy images. The times my dreams are fuzzy is when the dream isn´t interesting, for instace: if I where to dream about sitting in a classroom and doing math the dream wouldn´t be very vivid. But as in my dream last night I was dreaming about my dad having a disease which made him lose his memory and he was considering killing himself becouse he didn´t wanna live that way. This dream was very vivid becouse it was something that I felt was very important for me.
When I take up somthing from for instance a desk and look at it in close, it´s very vivid too :content:

try to set an alarm to wake you up ater 2 hours of sleeping and hit the snooze button , over and over , and over again, the interrupted sleep will cause you to have an OBE

hi, kuroth1. First of all I do admire the fact you haven’t given up. That is probably the most important thing right there :smile: I can’t imagine how it must feel like to try to get lucid for 3 years :sad: But I’m 100% sure you will like reach nirvana qhen you do have your first LD! :happy: As long as you keep trying and don’t give up you WILL have a lucid dream one day. I know that might sound lame and all, specially after three years, but there is no reason why you shouldn’t be able to lucid dream. Feel free to post here as much as you like :tongue: seriously, getting input from other dreamers and reading posts about LD’ing can really help. Remember not to put all your trust into the techniques. Trust yourself as well, as a dreamer. If you have tried a lot of the techniques for a decent amount of time and got no results I recommend you also look into the “mind set” posts. There are a few great ones regarding the SC, motivation, meditation and stuff like that.

Anyway, about the DJ. I don’t really read old dreams either :tongue: just now and then when I feel like it, or to get inspiration for the night… One important thing is really well explained here. Much better explained than I will ever be able to, so I’ll let you take a look :wink:

As the above link says, the more detail you write down in your dream the more you’ll start remembering. This is in terms of quantity and quality of detail, and concerning all senses! So yeah, it’s possible to have increadibly vivid dreams :happy: I’ve had a few here and there… It’s not only LD’s that can be really vivid, but dreams tend to be more vivid the higher the lucidity (hmm, I think lol).

I hope I answered your questions and good luck, keep trying and don’t let the frustration win the battle! :tongue:

Thanks all… And thanks mattias for the DJ link… That is very good…

You could try using WBTB with the other techniques that you are using. WBTB increases the chances of a technique working to about 80%. I find that WBTB works best after 6 hours of sleep, right before I have the longest REM period of the night. Hope that helps. :grin:

There are a few steps to make.

1. Improve your dreams, and your visualizations. This can be done first and foremost by recalling as much as possible about your dreams, all the little details, especially the kinds you want to be more frequent, like visual. That will state loud and clear that you want more of that, and I’m sure you’ll be able to supply yourself with plenty ^^

2. Clear out, define what you really want. I know you want LD, but the fact is, you often gotta try to be more specific, your definition of LD might be off track. To do so, try reinventing your dreams, by putting lucidity in them (write your dream again, only this time you get lucid in the middle of it). That, or invent one of the amazing LD’s you want, by scratch, Let your imagination run wild, and be smooth about the results. It’s just a story afterall.

3. Use WBTB, and start stating your intention of becoming lucid during your dreams, before falling asleep. Mantras and intentions can greatly increase the chance of making you realize you’re in a dream.

4. Feel motivation, you can do anything if you believe enough in it. Read this topic for further development of the idea.

5. Read DJ’s for inspiration. Read of the amazing adventures anyone can have in their dreams, get accustomed to the idea, start daydreaming about your own. Here’s one of the best examples we have here.

6. Remember that lucidity is first and foremost about awareness, simple awareness of the here-now, of what’s happening around you and inside you at any moment. We call it Lucid Living.

7. Let it happen. And have fun.

To answer your questions
1)Once you have enough dreams, look back on them and try to find something most of them have in common, a dreamsign, so that when you see your dreamsign you can do an rc and see if you are dreaming.
2)Hi Def dreams are amazing. They feel exactly like RL, except even crisper. Like the only one I had which was an LD I could feel the cold breeze on my back, the texture of the fabric of my clothes, and It was quite spectacular. To achieve these, drink apple juice. It stops the secretion of the chemical that dulls dream recall. You see, all of your dreams are the exact same, but the vividness of how you measure them is how well you remember them, so when you drink apple juice, your brain doesnt stop you from remembering, so they seem hi def :grin: