Some doors should not be opened

Der Darxide.

I hope my opinion will help you. To find a true balance inside yourself, you have to explore and accept also the dark parts of yourself. If you think you are only light and love, you are wrong - you can also be in fear and violence. Your dreams are the proof. We are very complex beings. And only by seeing and accepting the dark sides of ourself we can transcend them and change our automatic reactions from fear to love (in dreams and real life).

I also experienced sleep paralysis, choking, I saw dark entities and I didnt know why. Fortunately only for a short period of time. I was scared and I was searching for protection, but the thing that helped me, was accepting it and not to be afraid anymore. Easier said than done, I know. But one of the rules in dream is, that the way you feel inside is also showing on the outside, on the surroundings. For example when you are dreaming that somebody is chasing you and suddenly when you realize that there is no need to be afraid, also the chasing is stopped or your enemy actually becomes your friend. That’s the thing I am talking about.

There is nothing wrong with religion, it gives you comfort and hope, but you said it yourself, that it didn’t stopped the demons. It only reduces the symptoms.

Try the next time it happens, this way. Take it as a path that is not for the weak minded. You have to be strong. When the demon comes, accept it, smile at it and send it all your love (energy wise). It will go away and then a new door will open for you. Please don’t understand me wrong, accepting it, doesn’t mean, that you will become evil, it only means that you acknowledge that there are also that kind of energies in you and that you choose love, because you have the choice (love over fear by knowing them both).

Pleas let me know how it goes.

Sorry for my english :smile:

darkxide, your experience sounds nasty. sorry to hear of it. glad it doesnt happen now.
i have been electrocuted, strangled, attempted rape, strangled, electrocuted again, in non lucids …and felt real pain from them in my dreams as though it would happen in real life, and this is why i want to become lucid, because if anyone were do this to me in RL i would fucking do it back. who do they think they are? only i can stop it, i once did call out to jesus, mary and everyone angel going, and they laughed in my face by ignoring me…so now i only have me to beat them. and beat them i will, i have to, no one else ever stepped in to help me. so for me, LDing is a way to prove myself, that i can and will show them i mean business.

again, sorry you went through shit. but i need the shit to make me stronger. no one can make me feel bad without my consent.
soupfruit. pumped and ready. :smile:

Sadly we are products of our own societies which robs us of “pure” experience. We cannot have experience non influenced by our society and the most powerful
influences is religion.

Like Richwatson27 mention his friend that said: “dreams are not to be trifled with” which is normal and expected for christianity because it is by it’s nature close minded religion.

We need to be open to everything. Try things that we like and dislike and then choose what we like and we shouldn’t act blindly no matter what our society teach us. It might seem wrong and unnatural but that’s actually what is wrong with this concept, we thing that we are doing something that someone might think it’s wrong and that’s why we don’t do it…

I believe in spiritual life of every living being but that’s the ones job to discover not societies job…

I think a discussion here about religion and society could go on for a very long time and although I’m not saying that’s a bad thing, I personally like hearing people’s opinions on things like this, I don’t really think it’s the correct topic for it. For the record though I pretty much agree with dB_FTS, but if I get started on the effects of society on individuals or how closed-minded Christianity is I don’t know if I’ll ever finish :tongue:.

My point of view on this issue, Darxide’s issue, and what I’d tell aspiring lucid dreamers about it is that what happened/is happening to Darkxide is a possibility for anybody who tries to lucid dream. Despite myself never having experienced SP or hallucinations like this (probably because I rarely try WILD) there’ll probably come a time in the future, when I’m a more experienced LDer, when I will experience SP and it is possible hallucinations too. Personally, I don’t think that this is a reason to not attempt to LD, however I can see how some people may be discouraged from LDing because of experiences such as this.

I also think it’s better that people new to the concept of lucid dreaming or people who attempt WILD see/read experiences such as this one so that they know what they’re getting into. I think it’d be a lot worse if this happened out of the blue to somebody. So, in conclusion, I think that if this discourages anyone from lucid dreaming it’s for the better because this very well could happen to any of us. However, after reading through the comments on this topic it doesn’t sound like any people have been discouraged from lucid dreaming, and I certainly haven’t been.

In any case, regardless of my opinion, I’m sorry that you’ve had bad experiences like you described and I’m sorry that you’ve had/have them as often as you have, Darxide and I hope things look up for you in the SP area soon if they haven’t already. I’m not sure you’ll ever see this since the forum shows (on my screen anyway) that you haven’t been online in a long time, but best of luck to you anyway.

I’ve took christianity for example because it’s a religion I’m familiar with and religion in which I was born and raised(not hardcore raised because I wouldn’t talk about that now, obviously :smile: ) and because of what I wrote in brackets I dare to speak in this manner because I have this freedom. I am aware that some people were thought differently or so to say more hardcore and they don’t dare to speak this way.

Now I’m not talking only about christianity which is in my opinion at least hardcore comparing to other popular religions. But whatever religion, believe or teaching which narrows your thoughts, your way of thinking that is your freedom is a bad thing.

Religion is a ways of living, good way or bad way yours to decide. In my own opinion very bad. Now I’m saying all this about religion because it was brought up in discussion as something that is related in some ways with dreams which is totally stupid to be civilized. I truly am very surprised that there isn’t some kind of religion based on the matter of our consumption of oxygen that is breathing :eh: because that is truly amazing thing the same as dreams are, but no one is looking at this as something extraordinary, now I ask myself when will this become the same with dreams and similar things too?! :eh: :eek:

Great advice there, Quicksilver…

I love WILD. Because when I experience it, i know I am in transition to an awesome world. My own. Yes I have felt like i was being tormented by some unforseen force during SP, and i would rather go through that, knowing at the end of it I can be a part of something truelly amazing. if i die i die, so what, if something really is there objectively, whatever that maybe i am willing to take the chance…all i know is that all the better to confront with courage what is tormenting me.

Thanks, I try :smile:.

Couldn’t agree more. Great advice for SP and life.

I couldn’t help but to notice your profile picture and the “novus ordo seclorum” quote. What I’ve noticed in waking life and dream life is thoughts are really “things” that manifest whether you’re dreaming or living. This is why you have groups of people experiencing “similar negative things” and some groups are experiencing “similar positive things”.

Daily waking life always reflects images and thoughts of things right into my dream. Basically, if you focus on negative dark energy ((this includes horror movies, scary stories you’ve read, and scary images you’ve seen)) you invite that into your life and DREAM WORLD :help: :eek:

An example would be watching a horror movie at night IWL and then having a nightmare that night or the next night. ((I’ve done this so many times))
Another example is playing a video game IWL and then dreaming about being in a video game. ((I’ve done this so many times))

That’s the awesome thing about LD. You control it
LD and astral projection are NATURAL THINGS that happens to EVERYONE. People all over the world are experiencing this NATURAL phenomenon ((this forum is proof)) and are having positive profound magical things happen.
:tempted:

Fear of the unknown will leave it the unknown…
Hope towards the unknown leads to discovery
:fly: :obe: :rc:

Thats so true, sheprettyodd.

I had a few experiences that were scary, and I could have easily posted it as a warning not to open the lucid gates. in fact i once stopped LDing, through fear that something was attacking me. some demon from another dimension…but they were my own fault, i became so convinced of that, because i ended up in a negative mindset over a love relationship gone wrong. of course, it didn’t help that the ex lover said he could do voodoo! and i believed him, because he was a LDer.
I don’t know if anyone here has experienced any psychic attacks, but i can say that I have, and i even have caused others to experience them too. (real life people that is, and they told me about it)
So while I believe it is possible for enough emotional energy to manifest in a dream from yourself and other waking real life people, just as communication with others in the waking world can get out of hand, if you dream of them causing you pain, then best check first to see if we are holding on to any unfinished business, unspoken resentments, anger or unforgiveness before thinking they are entities from another dimension.

Im pretty familiar with this and i can explain this from my view.
Since we cant really understand dreams, reality, hallusinations or even life we cant sort these things into words or belief since we cant understand them. Science very small part how these things happen of physical level but not what they are or how we experience them. What is real and what is not doesnt matter on this subject. I think we all lucid dream to test our mind to see what we are capabale of and to understand more this life. These sleep paralysis experiences looses all its power once you stop being afraid of them. I dont know if you actually experienced the pain you claimed but fear is like lens which makes every experience horrible and alters our memory of the actual experience. I have had grudge crawling up on my bed towards me but i didnt show any fear when it happened and i started laughing in my mind because how silly it actually looked. Once you lose yourself to fear you lose yourself to the feeling and dont see those things as they are you just see everything as horrible expereince. I still have this problem in lucid dream when i become lucid my dream attacks me. I just other day had this guy trying to stab me once i became lucid. I usually have gotten strangled in dream, stabbed by dc and felt the pain, drowned or some scary ass monster running towards be in dark alley but once i actually stop panicking and observe as they do it really wasnt anything like i thought it was. I lost my dream control compeletly because i got scared. When i experienced them I could actually breath easily,the pain felt real but in dream it didnt bother me for some reason and the monsters just got confused once i look at them without excepting them to kill me. Yesterday i became lucid in this dark city. I ran around the place feeling the cold air and feeling my feet hitting the ground to grounding myself to the dream. I looked back and man with black coat ran towards me. I stopped and looked at him he stopped and pulled a knife from his pocket and began to walk towards me. I got little scared but then i convinced myself it was dream. He stopped again and i started showing hostility and ran towards him and punched him. He didnt react to it so i just turned my back to him and flew away. Anything you except to happen in dream or sleep paralysis happen. What is fear? Fear is being afraid of future. Dont let fear control you. Even though you have had these attacks you are alive and well. Only thing you have is fear. Overcome it.
I have had a lot of experience on this subject and im not afraid of allmost anything. I have experienced hallusination and had the most messed up dreams but when i stopped being afraid i actually see how they really were. Fear makes them real. Without fear those things are entertaining to me. I used to have these things happen me because of anxiety. Anxiety is fear of future also which manifest itself in dream in the most messed up way.

I like to say one thing- This is my view and i like you to listen to this with open mind.
I myself dont think religion is negative thing since it broadens your views but believing something to be real 100% instead of it being possibility can make you close minded. Closed mindness can make you insane. By thinking you are right and other are wrong are the cause of war. Open minded person is never right he/she just observers and learns.
Relying on religion too much to find asnwers to fill you lack of understanding by belief can be very harmful for your mental health and stop you from becoming wiser and learn live better since you just fill that lack understanding with belief.

Little thing to add there. I have been very open the thought of demons being real since i wanted to blame them from everything bad that was happening. I wanted the demon be blame to insanity in people minds and reason for everything bad.
I have tried to induce demonic experience and in lucid dream asked dc take me to hell. The dream was messed up but once i just observed i realized it was just my imagination. Without the feeling of fear it was just nothing.
Demons are really are our stupidity and insanity. Insanity is making yourself believe in lie when you know that you dont understand the truth. Just accepting that you dont really understand whats going on makes you oberve and learn whats going on. If you think those attacks are satanic and demonic you are creating you own world where to things are real to you. Oberve and experience those things without fear to see what they are.

I think that when you find something more powerful than your fear, you can control it, or you can atleast put the fear away.

And when you control it, observe it. Now your mind won’t go crazy anymore because your fear is gone and your mind much clearer. (Atleast my mind)

Im saying the following thou I do believe in demons and actually do believe they can enter dream states. I have had a few dealings with demons and also demonic possession (I have a strange past including living in a haunted house which had a Demon, the previous tennants were known Satanists but I didnt know that at the time).

Anyway, I’d like to respond to your post with what I know about all this field.

Untrue as it is quite possible to be in a crossover dream state when in sleep paralysis. That is why people so often get HI (images) in this state, so its quite possible for fears to start manifesting some very horrid stuff in this state.

I dont find that at all odd, it is no indication of demonic activity at all.

Whenever Ive had sleep paralyses I havent been ale to wake myself up with any of the ways mentioned there. I ended up learning that the best way to break SP is by putting all ones focus on just a finger or toe and wiggling that. Having the focus on a small part of the body rather then spread out focus on a larger body area, makes it easier (with much effort) to move.

I notice you are blaming demons for your SP but in fact you didnt even have one holding you down and if you did, you would still be able to move your body areas in which the demon didnt have hold of you. The so called demons had nothing at all to do with your SP state.

You also mention no after signs on your physical body of demonic attack when you have got up or no weird goings on in your home. A couple of people Ive known who have experienced real demonic attacks often have things like claw marks on their physical bodies where they cant reach or other things going on. Your experience all fits with LD stuff not with demon going ons.

All dealing with this for a long time means is that the fear of this keeps causing the HI of this kind of experiences to happen over and over.

Untrue. We all know things in our subconsciousness far beyond our normal waking level of awareness. Many of humanities famous inventions actually came from what someone had dreamed, our subconsciousness is often even more creative then we are in our normal waking life.

Ive had a lucid dream before in when I DC answered my question in another tongue and it turned out when I looked the word up online that it was a real answer to the question I’d asked. I’d the DC what job he had and he’d replied “stablehand” in another language. *Note I grow up in a small country town so had no exposure to that other language.

You’ve put that down to that the DC was a demon, I myself put my experience with that down to maybe I spoke that language in a past life. Anyway there is more possible explainations to it then the being is a real demon.

The fact the SP ended when you called Jesus, “may” be cause you had the expectation he maybe could help. You wouldnt have called him if you didnt have any expectation at all of it.

Anyway, I’ve tried to help (I wasnt successful with all) or have helped quite a few people with demons over the years (Ive been heavily into the occult) and from what you describe here, I do not think you are one of them. If you can face your fears of this you can overcome this issue yourself. You need to understand that nearly all you describe here is normal sleep paralyses stuff.

I hope others dont allow this thread to scare them. Many demons IF someone was very unlucky to come across one are weak anyway, most will have no interest at all if the person isnt scared. So if you arent messing around with stuff you shouldnt be, you shouldnt have to worry about demons.

Have fun with your lucid dreaming and dont allow your own subconsciousness to scare the crap out of yourself

@Darxide

Hey there i am new but been through weird dreams all my life, so i hope that sharing my experience will help you overcome your issues even easier.

I had sleep paralysis a couple of times. Usually i am merely awake and can’t move / open eyes and that’s all there is to it.

However on few occasions it felt as if there was another presence in the room. It didn’t feel demonic to me, more like an actual person. On one occasion i thought it had a knife in its hand and would be about to cut my troat. Obviously my reaction was simply to try and jump out of bed as fast as possible and defend myself as best as i could. Well it turned out the dream paralysis had me locked down completely.

I just thought “bring it on then, cut right through it then” and i grined inside my dream paralysis state. But once i thought that, i basically gave up on the tension that was caused by my emotional struggle and then i was able to effortlessly open my eyes wake up and notice there was nobody else there. It just made me laugh very spitefully at the helplessness of that imaginary dream character.
Now before you think i am crazy to give up my emotions while facing such a situation, let me tell you that you never know when you die so why be afraid? Something might kill you out of the blue and you won’t even realize it so don’t worry so much about it. It’s unnecessary wasted emotion.
To be fair i had quite a few events in my life where i came very close to dying, so maybe it’s easier for me to say this, but you could at least try to be more detached and live with no regrets. I was close to drowning for example and once during winter time i slid over ice fell on my back in front of car that just by chance managed to stop an arms lenght away from my face.

Dream paralysis is same as lucid dreaming. It all relies on your belief and perception. So if you give the imaginary entity power, it will have it. You empower it.
You just placed an image of jesus being all powerful in mind and then you use that powerful imaginary character to defeated the pesky annoying imaginary character.
Trust me when i tell you, you are just being misled by your belief and that any other belief will have the same effect as long as you strongly believe in the diety or angel you entrust your safety. Why i say this and how would i know? I’ve came across and read a huge bunch of articles of people with sleep paralysis defeating the evil character by calling out the name of allah, jehova, jesus or other religious entities.

I personally prefer and suggest you entrust yourself a bit more and give yourself more credit. It would also help you a lot more in your waking hours when facing real life annoying characters.

Hello Darxide

The things you are referring to as daemons I call them sparteil or shadow people. I have spent many hundreds of experiences with them and find them interesting as I can enter into their minds. For hundreds of experiences while I was in the military I would get literally pulled out of body by them. If you wish to get rid of your friend I will be happy to take it from you. The sparteil find people by addressing them, they make a copy of you in their mind and then teleport to you from anywhere. They find us in forums like this and in the minds of others reading our experiences. My user name is powessy this is my address next time you feel this entity around you tell it to find powessy he will play with you. I will promise you this problem will end for you as soon as it finds me. I have pulled hundreds of them into me in the last year and a half. You have nothing to lose and everything to gain from this. Just remember every time you feel them around you to tell them to find powessy and they will find me soon after. You also talked of the others within your experiences these are with you and will remain, they are inside of you and not outside of you like the sparteil.

If you have questions about this just ask.

Powessy

I fought a shadow person yesterday and I think it was a demon

Thanks for your post Darxide, I just made this account to post here but before posting, as I was casually scanning through the posts I saw yours and decided to open it, and I’m glad I did. I’ll post my yesterday’s experience here instead and I’d like your input on this.

I’m sorry for the long post but bear with me. I need your input.

Yesterday was my 51st LD, on the 1st day after a 3 month experience of real practice. I started on October 18th after reading A Field Guide to Lucid Dreaming and since then I had 299 dreams logged. I’ve had LDs since 8 but they were very sporadic.

Yesterday I dreamed a wounded one-eyed angry cat asked for my help. I immediately gained lucidity and did some RCs after it spoke (it had my voice), and when I confirmed I was dreaming and just as I thought I’d help the cat (I though maybe it was behind a mouse or something), a black smoke popped from its wound in his head and became a shadow of a person. It was all black but it’s eyes were red.

How do the demons you’ve seen look like? I’ve seen something like this before when I was 8 during a sleep paralysis, it was staring at me in the corner of the room. I’ve read recently about hypnagogia and thought that was it, but yesterday I saw it in a dream while lucid after almost 20 years of no contact with shadows.

Anyways, when the shadow popped we immediately teleported to my room. My bedroom was all dark, which is why I hate OBEs because my brain always think I’m waking up in the middle of the night (this LD was during the morning) plus I don’t like false awakenings. To counter this, the whole time I used my right hand to pinch my nose to make sure I was still dreaming and at the same time, maintaining lucidity.

With my left hand I was pushing that thing away from me. It teleported from an invisible portal to another in zigzag patterns right in front of me, while trying to touch me. I even remembered Morley’s technique to “embrace” these “forgotten, unloved aspects of ourselves”, which LaBerge also explored in his book too. But I dismissed the idea immediately: I KNEW I wasn’t supposed to touch that thing. I’ve absorbed DCs before and I’ve used LD to heal some deep daddy issue traumas, so the concept wasn’t new for me nor it was the first time I’ve had a tough time in a LD, but this shadow was different. I knew I wasn’t supposed to have anything to do with it. It felt like an intruder.

Plus the whole time I was fighting the damn thing, it felt as if it was smiling, even though I couldn’t see its mouth. While I had my left hand raised at it I was praying and asking Jesus for help, and He helped. I feel as if it wasn’t for Him, it would had touched me. I even heard a Christian praise while praying.

After getting tired of fighting I ran away, crossing my bedroom’s wall and flying through the city in a golden sky I made to counter the night. Felt like a relief.

Once I woke up I DEILD my way back to the dream thinking now I was safe, but I was back at my dark bedroom and the thing was still there. Went through the wall again to flee from it. This happened twice (original DILD + 2 DEILD).

What do you make of this? I was lucid and it was vivid and scary as hell. I came here to share this and thought maybe it was just my subconscious playing tricks on me but after reading your post I’m back to the theory it was a demon and some doors should really stay closed for our own sakes. My soul is a lot more valuable than this.

But now I’m thinking: if it was really a demon, why appear in this grotesque form and scary me? Wouldn’t it be a lot easier to disguise as a good “spiritual guide” like they usually do to people all over the world and different religions? The Bible says Satan can disguise himself as an angel of light.

Thank you for your input and God bless you.