Someone help me! I keep waking up.

The stars and ranks are proportional to the number of posts you have.

0-9: Sleepwalker - No stars
10-49: Novice Dreamer - 1 star
50-99: Lucid Initiate - 2 stars
100-299: Sominologist - 3 stars
300-499: Astral Explorer - 4 stars
500+: Dream Diety - 5 stars

Moderators are the exception, with a constant 5 stars and the rank ‘Lucid Moderator’.

I think that’s it, but I could be wrong. :happy:

Good job Atheist. Though you forgot pasQuale’s, the webmistress, ranking.
She is the “Overseer” :smile:

Congrads PsychicHawk28 on your first star. :thumbs:

Good point Pilot! Try the spinning technique…it often also changes the scenery of your surroundings in a dream…and that makes it so easy to know that its a dream (a lucid one)…u can even try the spinning tech and at the same time say were u want to be or just say loud an association…like…“ICE CREAM”…Start experimenting with this…i think in your case psychichawk28 the spin tech is the best solution to deal with Fa!

:happy: Have gun!

I DID have a LD two nights ago! O the power of self confidence. I don’t remember much of it but this is what i do;

Okay I remember in this dream I was on the roof of a building, and I saw three elevators and I wanted to go up to the third floor. I pushed the button to go up but the elevator buttons were all weird and they glowed different colours and there was too many. I looked away as I waited for an elevator to come and I started to realize something was wrong when I saw the sky above me. Than as I got in and went up to the third floor I said to myself “wait a second, how can I go to the third floor when there was sky above me?” Then when I got to the third floor I realized “I’m dreaming! This is a lucid dream”… Then I woke up AGAIN :grrr:. Oh well. I’ll get it eventually…

There’s your problem. :wink:

If you get too excited when you become lucid, you’re going to wake up. I can’t verify it, but I’m fairly sure that when you become lucid in a dream, you are actually quite close to waking up.

Mm Atheist is right…if u compare an eeg from a normal dream with that of a lucid dream u c that a lucid dreram has more beta waves then an eeg from a normal dream…

Beta waves we have when we are awake…so yes a lucid dream is closer to waking up then a normal dream.

Maybe Psychichawk28 u should do a training in waking at what u should do in a ld…I mean train your reaction…to not get that excited…but experience…just observe…and stay calm…repeat that to yourself to stay calm in a ld in waking state…again and again…a couple a times a day…

Yeah, I know. I think when I first become Lucid I don’t have much controll over myself or my reaction. But that training thing sounds good Jeff I’ll try that.

Atheist wrote:

I think this is normally very true in a ld!
But there are exceptions like when i practise meditation or self hypnosis in a ld…It works great. I think the trick here is that u then deeply relax but at the same time are fully focussed with awareness.

So Keep focussed!

Wow! Another LD. My fivth since October 12. That’s one a week! I’ve been making good progress here but still no lasting dream…

I was playing computer, and the text was upside-down the computer was also too squareular. I checked if the computer was upside-down and it wasn’t and when I looked back, the words were right again. I thought this is weird it’s like when I remember what it should be like it fixes…almost like… I looked at my hands. The back was okay but when I turned them around it was all blurry and the end of my right pinky was missing. I stayed calm and started to spin but it faded out again.

I think part of the reason was my LD happened very late in the morning so I was really cloce to waking up. I’m getting clocer though…

Another LD! Two nights in a row now! BUT I STILL CAN’T STAY ASLEEP!!! AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAARRRRRRRGGGGGGGGGHHHHH!!! :grrr: :grrr: :grrr: :grrr: :grrr:

Okay, I’m calm now…I think I should try to refrain from saying the word “dreaming” in my dreams because when I wake up, it’s allways right after I say “I’m dreaming” or “this is a dream” or anything simmilar. Maybe if I just think it, but not say it…

I’m remembering to stay calm, and be aware of my surroundings, but I still KEEP WAKING UP!!! :grrr: Has anyone else had this problem?

wow, congratz!!! :cheesy: two in a row! thats great. good luck with your not-awake-thing, just keep trying…

I think PsychicHawk28 that you are getting lucid just before waking up…so your dream needs just a minor push from your consciousness to wake up, in your case…
So i think the solution in your case is u should sooner in dream time recognize your dreaming and get lucid…
U can accomplish this by training in waking that when u do daily routines u look at what you are doing and also look around u and say “He? iam dreaming…wow what real this is…its a dream” and also read about lds…books i mean before going to sleep…so your memory while u dream is more easely activated or stimulated to recognize its a dream!

Good Luck!

So PsychicHawk28 you need to pick up sooner being aware that u have a dream and get lucid so u have more ld time left in your dream…But just by having lds that recognision process will be activated and skilled anyway, just needs time…

Go 4 it!

Yeah, that sounds right. I will get it eventually.

I’ll have a lucid dream tonight.

I DID have a lucid dream two nights ago! In fact I had one last night too! That writing to convince yourself really works! The first one was my usual wake-up-when-i-realize but the second one lasted!!! YAY!!! :cool_laugh: :cool_laugh: :cool_laugh:!!! It was only a low-level LD tho, because in the dream I didn’t take direct controll over myself 'cause I thought if I did I might wake up. I’m making progress tho.

I am going to have a LD Tonight.

(Hey, it worked the last two times, didn’t it :content: )

Congratulations PsychicHawk28!

C…your making progress!
Good!

:happy:

YAY! Another LD. Long Lasting, and clear it was. I wasn’t in that much controll over myself, tho, and I lost lucidity after about five to ten minutes. But I was in controll enough to fly. WOO! FLYING IN DREAMS IS THE BEST!!! :cool_laugh:

I’m going to have another LD tonight.

Nice work PsychicHawk28…u will get control in time…first start with joy!
So keep flying lol!

:wink:

Two More LDs in a row, one wake up as soon as I realize, the other lasted medium length; about thirty seconds. I’ll get it soon.

C u improve fast!
Congratulations… :wink: