Something you have “always known”

In my quest for lucidly I have stumbled upon something that is kind of strange. Often in the past few weeks in my dream I have “always known something” ie that the country I live in is called eldion or something like that. But when I wake up I realize that I have never had that through before the dream, even though in the dream I have “always known it”.

Is there any way I can train my self to recognize this and tie that into obtaining lucidly?

Dream assumed knowledge…yeah

If you’ve always known it, it makes it harder, because you take that knowledge for granted. I suppose you can train yourself to step back and really think that is real knowledge and what is fake according to the degree of obsurdity…?

Not sure if this is what you mean… but it sounds like a bunch of FA’s. Not sure if you’d be able to use them as DS’s, seeing as it would be a regular fact to you.

Btw, welcome! :wave: You might want to introduce yourself in this topic. Start a DJ if you want to, we’d all love to read it. :grin:

Oh, and in case you didn’t know, hold your mouse over the underlined words to learn what they mean. :smile:

I get that all the time, so I know just what you mean. However, I’ve never had a lucid dream because of it. It’s probably possible, but I wouldn’t know how to go about doing it. The trouble is, if you think you’ve “always known” something, in the dream you don’t think it’s anything unusual, so it’d be difficult to take notice of it in particular.

I have become lucid because I questioned something I thought I knew. Sometimes things just don’t seem quite right.