SP minus the HI

Hello fellow oneironauts,

If any of you have been following my posts you’ll know that I, like many others here, have been on a quest to succeed at WILD. Anyway, my current situation is as follows:

Shortly before SP hits me, I experience quick “flashes” of dreamery which I have concluded are HI. Unfortunately, the imagery is very quick and “snaps” back to full conciousness abruptly after just a few seconds. I’ve tried my hardest to be passive and let the HI gain momentum, but as soon as I realize what’s going on, it snaps back to blackness. Depending on how relaxed I am, it can take anywhere from a few seconds to a few minutes (on average, about 10 seconds) for the HI to once again flash in front of me (and disappear shortly thereafter!)

When SP begins, it is VERY intense for me. I know you are supposed to ignore it, but the vibrations are far too powerful to simply disregard. It literally feels like I’m in a jacuzzi with the jets at full blast! - minus the wetness, of course…

At this point, the flashes of HI don’t occur anymore. Now it’s just darkness, combined with occaisional hypnagogic audio hallucinations, combined with SP. Without HI, I find it very difficult to enter into a dream because I am forced to manually incubate. The flipside to this is that it wakes me up because I’m concentrating on incubating! I’ve tried using the audio hallucinations as launchpads for the dream, but I don’t always get them so it’s tough.

Soon enough, SP goes away, and I restart that cycle with the flashes of HI.

Whenever I ND, it’s these flashes that begin the dream, I’m fairly positive. I’ll have one, snap back to reality, have another, snap back, etc., and eventually I’ll have one that IS the dream itself. No snap back, just ND.

Any words of advice or encouragement?

Sleep well,

Hey

Could it be possible that you are over-thinking? I wonder what would happen if you just went along with the imagery until you felt you were in the dreamscape. Then you can try to make the images appear the way you want.

Hi bzteam,

As much as I want to simply flow with the imagery, I can’t really do so. It either ends up disappearing, or, when I snap out of the imagery and try to counciously “recreate” it, puts me in that altered state of conciousness that I was discussing earlier in the big WILD topic.

Thinking too much is my curse, but hey, just looking at my few posts shows that I continue to dissect just exactly what’s going on in me as I fall asleep. I think that this will eventually be of great benefit to me, as I’ll be able to determine a WILD method that is completely specific to my sleeping pattern.

Sleep well,

Jacques have you tried this? It’s a technique without the need for HI …

Spinning around your axis!

And I thought this was only good for strengthening lucidity in a fading LD… Guess not! :-p

Will try this tonight. In about 10 minutes, actually!

Thanks
Sleep well,