Speech Contest: My Passion - Lucid Dreaming

Hey, :smile:

I didn’t really knew where to put this but I think this is the right place. I just wanted to ask you something. First, I’ll tell you where it’s about. I was in English class today and we’re having a new project. It’s a Speech Contest and you have to talk for about four minutes about your passion. First, you do it for your class, then three people can do it for the school and if you win you go to regionals!!! I want to do it about LDing in first place because I love it and because I really think the world doesn’t know enough about it and because they don’t know what they’re missing! :smile: So, the question is: Does anyone know how to motivate people to go LDing too? What can I say in my speech to motivate people? :content: Because I want to go to regionals and let the whole world know how AWESOME LDing is! :grin:
Does anyone have an idea?

Thanks already! Bye, Leaf. :smile:

Hey :happy:
Yeah I got many of my friends into LDing.
What I said? I just said: Imagine you could spend all the time where you normally sleep doing things you cannot even imagine, spend half of your life, which you would normally just waste, learning and perfecting things without loosing stamina! Well it might sound ridiculous but it’s actually possible and very easy to learn. You don’t even need to sacrifice something. (well maybe some sleep at first :razz:)

At this point they were all fascinated and when I told them that I managed to do this 4 times already they believed me. ^^

Yeah! :smile: I like the part of saying: Wasting half of your lifetime! :content:
Thank you! :smile:

I think that’s a great idea, hope it goes well.

I think an important thing is to really emphasize that LDs can feel as real as real life, as this is something that people who have never experienced an LD can fail to really grasp.

It might also be worth talking about scientific research in the area, such as Stepehn Laberge’s research at Stanford University. This shows that it’s a scientifically recognized phenomenon, not something that’s unproven.

To really motivate people … really emphasize that you can do anything you want in an LD, anything at all, and that it feels just like real life. Try to get them to imagine that they’re dreaming at that moment, and that they can look around, touch the table etc. and everything feels real. Then they can get up, jump out of the window and fly, feeling the wind wipping past them, seeing the earth unfold beneath them and soaring through the air. Get them to realise that the possibilities in LDs are endless.

I was in your class and you did really well!
You got me into doing LD’ing.
This is the second night trying so it will be a long time before it goes to my first one!
Thanks Leaf!

Nice Leaf, gratz that you got somebody into lucid dreaming.

What a great idea for a speech! It sounds like it went well. I was going to ask if you could have someone record your speech on video or at least on a voice recorder so we could check it out as well. :wink:
Do you feel a lot of people were interested? Do you think you have a shot at going to regionals, I hope so! :content:

WHAT :eek: :eek: :eek:
Some people really don’t get it even if you explained it to them till you where blue in the face :sad: ! I and I believe everyone on this forum can understand how this is your passion because it is also many of ours… you are not alone! :wiske:
Your teacher does not seem very open minded. But… wouldn’t it be great if she had a LD after you explaining them in your speech :content: :content: :wink: :smile: Then I think she would truly understand where you are coming from calling this your passion! :smile: :wink:

Hey,
I’ve done my speech yesterday in front of the class.
We are in the class with 26 people and 4 children would be chosen by the teacher. From the four children who were chosen by the teacher, two would go to the school round. I haven’t been chosen, I was fifth!!!
AAAAAHH I STILL CAN’T STAND IT!!! :grrr: :grrr:
My teacher said she couldn’t see Lucid Dreaming was my Passion! :eek: :eek: :eek:
I do have a video of me practicing my speech. I first wanted to make a video of me doing my speech in front of the class too, but I just totally forgot. I’ll try to post it tomorrow. I did inspire some people to LD because a lot of people seemed interested! :smile: One girl has printed PasQuale her guide (I mentioned LD4all in my speech) so she could read it and one boy was interested too. :smile: Still thanks for all the help and ideas!! :smile:

Bye, Leaf. :smile:

Lidybug: I’m sorry I deleted my post per accident and posted it again. :wink:
Kipcorn: Already had an LD? :tongue:

Bye, Leaf.

I have a non-open minded teacher too. Just don’t worry about it. Once I wrote about a dream for school-work, and she told me that the text is too weird… I was like wtf… Its a dream!
I hate teachers like that, but you can’t change them. :sad:

Well, actually she’s pretty nice, but it just SUCKS I can’t tell the whole world about LDing because that was my goal!! Making more people want to LD!! :grin:
And I WILL probably worry about it the rest of this week, I’ll be having thoughts like: AAAHH, If I would’ve done this and that I would might be in the last four and all those kind of thoughts. :neutral:
But I can’t do anything about it anymore so I’ll try to just leave it alone… :smile:
Thanks again! :content:
By the way: How rude of your teacher saying that!! :eek:

Haha Beat Doctor, I think that is our society to much conservative, and to much, just like you said, non-open minded teachers…

And Leaf thank you for sharing everything about LD to your class, because you’ve done nothing but good thing. You just bring us more dreamers!!! Thank you!

Remember that if you told only one person about LD’s, it is good because he/she will tell other people and other people will tell other people and so on. Two people got interested into lucid dreaming because of me, and suddently my whole friendship cricle know about it. :wink:

I mean, ithe text was weird, but still, when you’re talking about a dream, it is understood in the beggining that they are weird, so lowering my grade for it was really…

I understand, but she really lowered your grade because she thought it was weird? That’s so mean! :eek:
I don’t, like, blame my teacher for not choosing me it’s just that Lucid Dreaming really is my Passion! I mean, I’m on this site like everyday and when we first got the assignment for doing a speech my fist thought was: OK, that’s going to be LDing! No doubt! We had three months for writing your speech and I was the only one who had finished it in the first two weeks because I just loved the idea of telling people about LDing!! :smile:
But I was pretty nervous so maybe that’s why I didn’t tell my speech like it really was my passion… :neutral:

Anyways, you guys really made me feel better, thanks for that! :tongue:

Did you get some scientific facts into your speech?
It might be that your teacher is one of thoes people who think lucid dreams don’t exist.

I’m just curious what your parents thought about your speech and lucid dreaming? :smile:

Beat Doctor: Yes, I just told them about Stephens LaBerge and the Aboriginals. But that was just a small part of my speech. I have also told them about my own LD’s and things you could do in an LD… :confused: I am going to send her an e-mail today to ask what I I’ve done wrong. She said you could do that.

Lidybug: I haven’t practiced in front of them really much because my dad was really sick the last two weeks but I did do it for my mother. She said it was good but that I should talk more clear English :tongue:

wow pretty cool stuff i just read through it and i would really like to read it so if you could post a link it would be greatly appreciated leaf

I also have tried to make great speechs about LDs, but they never care about it! They dont know what are they loosing…