Spirit Guide vs Dream Guide?

I was wondering if anyone could tell me the difference between a Spirit Guide and a Dream Guide?

I’m asking because I want to know which one I should call upon first based on what their functions are.

I used to have a DG named Kevin, but he hasn’t visited me in about a year. :cry:

Maybe your dream guide wants you to experiment with your lucid dreaming and call on him for once instead of waiting for him to come to you. He is your dream guide, so he may be trying to teach you a new trick in the shared reality you both belong to.

I’m not sure what a Spirit Guide is though, I’m a new member.

Well, Is_R_My Reality, I haven’t had a lucid dream in over five years. :meh:

Is there really a difference?

That’s what I’m trying to find out, but no one has answered yet. :cry:

A dream guide is a figment of your imagination, created by your subconscious to accompany you in your dreams.

A Spirit guide is a real spiritual being meant to guide through your life in general, not just your dreams… like a Guardian Angel.

Hope that helps. :wink:

So you’re saying a dream guide guides your in your dreams and a spirit guide guides you in life? But if they’re both imaginary, I’d say they’re pretty much the same.

Not everyone believes in spirit guides, just like not everyone believes in God, higher beings or any kind of spiritual plane. I wasn’t stating a system of beliefs I was merely stating the the differences between SG’s and DG’s, which is what The Toy Master was wondering.

So that being said, the difference is that a spirit guide isn’t imaginary. (If you believe in such things.);

If you believe in SG’s (which I don’t), then it is not imaginary. Like a previous poster said, it is an actual spiritual being that guides you through life that you can contact in your dreams. It can be a bit confusing since they are used almost interchangeably on this forum.

Yeah, so for me they are imaginary. If something has no evidence of existing, why should I belive in it? It’s about as credible as Harry Potter being real. That’s just my look at it.
People can believe what they want, I won’t criticize them for it, because I can understand certain people beliving in that kind of stuff, but personally, for me, I have no reason at all for any belief.