SSILD and SP?

I’ve just been getting back into lucid dreaming. I tried SSILD for the second time last night, and it was kind of crazy.
I started seeing swirling colors and shapes and patterns that became images every once in a while. Like really clear. I think I might have even had a realistic FA because I opened my eyes at one point and it was like the swirling images were mixed with my bedroom.
Anyways, as I was doing the cycles, I felt my body feel weightless and kind of falling asleep and I guess I just got scared that it was going to be sleep paralysis? I started moving a bunch to stop it and ended up just going to sleep.
Was it leading to SP, or was it just entering the dream state?

That was for sure heading into a dream. It’s easy to underestimate the hypnagogic imagery and stuff and wonder if it’s strong enough. Usually if you are getting anything at all that’s a real good chance of it turning into a dream. In other words I’d say you are on the right track.

Also noticing and being aware of more FAs is going to be a good side effect of this method, so that probably was a FA or some subtle awareness of some sort. I guess any method is going to make us more aware of the FAs. They really happen all the time. I googled the method SSILD and skimmed over it. I am going to check it out more. It looks very good and instructive.

Don’t be discouraged if you have a night here and there and nothing seems to happen. Some nights the WILD type of techniques just work better than others. Some nights it’ll happen really easy, sometimes not at all. It doesn’t mean you are doing anything wrong.

Edit: I missed the whole part about whether it was going into sleep paralysis or not. I don’t know, but with all the imagery and swirling I’d lean toward that going into a dream. I would think of SP as you feeling more of a presence around you and not bright imagery. The point you are seeing stuff around your room, that’s the point where it shifts to you are about to wake up. I wouldn’t focus too much on the SP, unless it just keeps happening there is no reason to expect it or make a big deal out of it.

Thank you!

1 Like