Stages of Sleep Paralysis

I am trying the WILD method where you listen to music until you go into sleep paralysis, then spin yourself until you go into an LD. So far I think that I have gone into the early paralysis stages. I feel quite a lot of vibrations, mainly in my arms and legs.

Twice now my right arm solidifies, like it is being turned into a statue. It is a very strange feeling. Both times I get excited and was less relaxed afterwards. The feeling has not happened at any other part of my body.

Is this an early stage of sleep paralysis? If I continue to relax and go deeper, will I be fully paralysed to the point where I can employ the WILD-exit technique?

:alien:

From personal experience I would say sleep paralysis is not a step-wise procedure. Being still for a longer period of time can naturally result in a solidified feeling, which is not a result of sleep paralysis.

Up on entering sleep paralysis you will notice the inability to actually move any limbs. This is usually, but not always, accompanied by a feeling of suffocation. Upon entering the sleeping phase your brain will emit chemicals causing the paralysis, eg. so that you will not scream or fall out of bed. This is followed by breathing becoming automatic and you lose feeling in your lungs, as a result the suffocating experience.

Last, vibrations are not a result of sleep paralysis, if not connected with hallucinations. There is a technique to provoke an OBE through sleep paralysis involving this “electric” feeling, but it is not a part of sleep paralysis itself, and follows maybe 3 minutes in the state if you provoke it, and even then it might just be the stage when you enter a LD under the influence of hallucinogenics in your brain.

The most efficient way to enter sleep paralysis is on your back, quite usually involving chest pain. A sure way to confirm you had a sleep paralysis if you did not have one before is the fact that the experience most probably scares you seriously and feels extremely unconfortable if not painful (the last is only a feeling in your mind, you are not actually hurt in any way).

Best wishes
joccis

Oliver its a physical extra you experience when you enter a trance or hypnosis trance.
And everyone goes through trance levels when they practise wild,
or there will be no wild at all! But most ppl do wild and dont even know this at all. And at a certain stage trance and sleep paralyses meet eachother along the way. thats not so strange your putting down brain activity when you practise wild, trance or hypnosis.

Jeff