Strange 3rd person LD

Last night I had a weird lucid experience:

I’m attending a scientific symposium about sleeping and dreaming. One of the speakers presents a detailed 2D graph about the various sleeping and dreaming stages. The next moment I’m standing in the middle of a very dark hilly landscape. I hear a voice saying “dreams about the number 12 are extremely important”. Again the dreamscape changes and I’m now standing in a beautiful spring garden filled with colours. I see all this in 3rd person, sometimes in 1st person; it varies a lot. In my hands I’m holding a big shining crystal ball. Slowly I let the ball levitate while flashes of purple, blue and white electricity are shooting from my hands. These seem to keep the ball under control. With my mind I try to shoot the ball away. At first it didn’t work very well, but when I lower my arms, the electric flames disappear and the ball suddenly accelerates into the air with an enormous speed, never to see again. I was only prelucid/low lucid here.
The next scene is about a rainy shopping center. Slowly I become lucid, and this is where the real strangeness begins. As soon as I become lucid I notice there’s a problem: I know I must be standing there in the rain but I can’t see myself. I can’t even feel myself being there. The only thing I perceive at that moment is this sight of a rainy shopping center. I felt both like being a small point of awareness and like being the entire dreamscape at once. I was also in an extremely 3rd person position: although I was lucid I couldn’t do ANYTHING about the dreamscape. People were just walking by in the rain. Nobody saw me and I couldn’t explore my LD. Then I saw a strange guy with a bowler hat. I tried to manipulate him with my mind but this didn’t have the slightest effect on him. I really tried to realize the consequences of my situation and I knew this guy was only a product of my mind, thus I must be able to control him. But this didn’t help anything. Then I woke up.
Does anyone else experienced such situation upon becoming lucid? What can you do about it?? I tried to keep my mind as flexible as possible but this was clearly not enough… Any suggestions are welcome :smile:

I have experienced such things before. The first time I had this happened it was almost exatly like you said I was compltely helpless.

Eventually like the third time this happened I let my miond go completly blank and then focused on becoming a person that was near me. After I became the person things were normal and I was able to go on as usual

Yes Mystic but it is rare for me.
It has to do with the thalamus that integrates all parts of consciousness with your dream. so its not a normal dream its a bit of an anomalie.

1. you could close your dream eyes shortly.
  2. you could try to zoom in on a detail…use a voice command fro that or just the wish to. So anything near…its a bit like Lucidity_Master tried on another person closeby. you can do it with ppl but also with objects.
  3. try to feel your dream hands and rub them together.

Try this all the next time it happens ok…and tell me if it worked for you.

Jeff

Thx for the help. Jeff, your third suggestion probably won’t work very well, if the next dream of this kind is equally strange as this one. I really tried the best I could to feel ANYTHING from my body but there was nothing. Only my eyesight… But I’ll definitely try them out, next time it happens. Thx again! :smile:

I know Mystic but there are several levels of this ‘watching your dream but not being part of it’ thats why i also told about the hands.
For me, the zooming in works the best in such cases or the tech Lucidity_Master uses.

Doing the opposite in a dream would also be fun lol stepping out of your dream but still keep dreaming :smile:

Jeff