Suggested technique not working

so according to Treader’s guide with suggested techniques (https://community.ld4all.com/t/how-to-choose-your-technique/21714) my technique is MILD. a part of this technique is autosuggestion before sleep–something like “i will have a lucid dream” or “i am going to remember my dreams” repeatedly in your head. but i noticed whenever i try to use this when i wake up i hardly remember my dreams at all–the opposite of what i wanted. my dream recall is fairly good at least two dreams per night, fuzzy or not. is this normal? how do i get the suggestions to actually work?

You shouldn’t think of techniques as something you “need” to use - techniques should only be used when you feel that you could get lucid dreams even without them.
They are an “extra help” that could make things easier, but watch out so you don’t depend on them too much.

The most important mindset for lucid dreaming is to learn to become familar with your dreams, be curious about them, and tell yourself that you will try to recognize them when you fall asleep.
And actually, this happens to be a form of MILD, but you shouldn’t think too much of it as a “technique”.

so i should just have a lucid mindset like immerse myself in dreams and lucidity? sounds simple enough but can i overdo it? like is spending more than half a day reading about LDs and stuff too much?

and one more thing: i noticed all the LDs ive had always take place somewhere in my house, but i only have dreams set in my house once in a while. will that change with the more LDs i have and is that some sort of dream sign?