Switching Dream Characters in Nonlucid Dreams

In the majority of my normal dreams my ‘perception’ I guess switches from dream character to dream character starting from my normal self. I realized this when I was reading through some of my dreams, and it started to make me feel uneasy because of how it happens so frequently, but only starting from a couple weeks ago. I’m not sure if it should, but it still weirds me out. Does this happen to anyone else? And if dream interpretation is realistic, does that mean I don’t like who i am?

Moved from Lucid Adventures since it’s about ND’s. :mattias:

This happens to me ever so often in my regular dreams. I don’t read much into it but it is kind of annoying when I try to recall or write down the dream and figure out any meaning.

This happened to me in a dream about zombies, I kinda got freaked out into going from 1st person to 3rd person.

I don’t think it means you dislike yourself. Maybe the dream characters embody different characteristics of yourself? I think that the only person that can accurately interpret your dreams is yourself though. This guide is pretty handy. :content:

I personally find that I switch from being myself to being a DO quite often. I don’t read into it much. I think its just a way my brain handles certain dream scenarios.