The Big "Hi, I'm New Here!" Topic - Part 45

Welcome to the forum Gantz77 :wave:
I have had some pretty random dreams too, I have been shot and died a number of times although I haven’t been stabbed in a dream yet… I have even stayed in the dream after dyeing sometimes with various different things happening from walking around as a ghost to walking into a whitish light. I also dream of being a different person quite often too :smile:

Welcome Mdf92 :welcome:
If you have the motivation I am sure you will get better at lucid dreaming. Have you had a LD yet?

Thanks everyone. Yeah, once, I knew I was dreaming, but couldn’t control it. But that was before I knew what LDing was.

Hi everyone. I don’t ever seem to know what to do with these introductions :neutral: but… yeah. So I came across lucid dreaming several years ago but forgot about it, then found the term in a psychology magazine again a few months ago. I’m a percussionist (so I’m lovin’ my kin) at high school and I like to write sci-fi/fantasy. Oh, and my user name is a mutilated nickname/spin-off of Hannah. :shy:

Hello mdf92 - Welcome to ld4all, Good to see musical people joining :smile:

Gantz77 - Sounds like you’ve had exciting experiences in sleep. Hope you will share more of them :smile:

EDIT: Oh i missed this, I was still writing when you posted hunaynay. So welcome to the forum. What kind of percussion do you play mostly?

:content: It’s ok. I play a lot of xylophone and some jazz drum set. :cool: I like timpani too. (those really big drums you see in symphonies.) So, seeing something like “Rhythmic Hand” pop up is really cool. :biggrin: (Oh, and I’m obsessed with emoticons)

hi hunaynay welcome

Whats up im newish onnly about 2 weeks

i cam here to learn more about lucid dreams and stuffs and ive had 3 but only about 10 mins overall
im interested in veteranary sciences although ive only been learning for a year now, i like to play my viloin and halo ( cant wait til number 3 ) im hopeing to increase my lucidity so i decided to join this site

Hello ! I have known about LDs for about a year, but with very small success : I must have had about 4-5 good ones, and my SC keeps playing tricks at me, like that time when a junkie DC gave me lucidity pills and made me take too much, I became so lucid that I suddenly was wide awake :wallhit: !!! Now I’m trying to improve my skills, and the ld4all forum helps a lot (I’ve been reading random posts yesterday evening although I was very tired, and I got short lucidity twice tonight, which is very good).
So it’s time for a decent introduction :happy: I’m 23 and I live in France, the city is Lille, in the north, where it’s always raining :content:. I just finished my master’s degree in philosophy (you don’t have to work very hard to get that, actually ), next year I’ll try the exams to be a teacher ; you have to work very hard to get that one though :panic: … I’m the pianist of a little jazz band (trio piano/bass/drums, sometimes adding a guitar) ; people who don’t play the piano sometimes say I’m good, those who do try to talk about something else, but it’s alright :gni:, I’m just having fun with my friends :smile: .
Here’s a pic from a very nice day :
https://farm2.static.flickr.com/1165/903949196_59e9afac74.jpg?v=0 (couldn’t figure out how to insert the picture in the post, sorry :confused: )
See you around and have fun :smile: :wave:

bienvenue Malina! Have you also found the french LD4all? :grin:

I hope you have a great time here and good luck with lucid dreaming :happy:

Yes, I know where it is, but I like it here :smile:

:welcome: hello hunaynay, chickenleggz and Malina, welcome to the LD4all forum :grouphug:

:smile: we have a topic called “what musical instruments do you play” and quite a few topics related to music
We also have the garden of creation forum, if you ever want to post any short stories here :grin:
/me also wonders if you would be interested in playing our vampire game or wolf game. They are forum based RPGs … i think you would enjoy creating roleplay posts for it :content:

chickenleggz :happy: you feel like an old member already :boogie:
since new people quickly become a full part of the forum community :content:

that is so evil! :ebil:

wow :eh: lots of musicians this time

to put a picture in a post you use

[img]url[/img]

if that picture is of yourself, you may like to post it in our Alphabetical photo gallery in the gathering forum :smile:

I hope you all enjoy your time spent on LD4all and also enjoy lots of lucid nights :yay:

Hello, everyone, I am new here, too. I will introduce myself.

I am 14 and live in the US. I’ve recently become very interested in LD’s. I started reading about them a couple days ago and found this site. I’ve read some of the posts and thought I should join, so I did. I don’t think I’ve had an actual LD before, but the night after I started reading about them I realized in a dream that I was dreaming and started trying to float. It sort of worked and somehow ended up flying somewhere after someone. (Although it felt more like I was watching a movie) However, I forgot it was a dream and the dream just went on by itself. I didn’t try any LD inducing techniques, by the way.

Anyway, here are some things about myself. I love wolves, other canines, drawing, writing, video games, and Pokemon. I play the viola and have been playing for around 4 years. I started keeping a Dream Journal yesterday.

Also, I’d like to ask a quick question. I was trying to use autosuggestion to wake up at certain time last night, but for some reason I couldn’t fall asleep at all. So I just thought “I will go to asleep now” for a while instead and finally felt sleepy. But I lost concentration and ended up with other thoughts in my mind. I don’t remember what I was thinking about but I started seeing an image. It was at first a spider and behind it was a computer monitor sort of. At first I didn’t realize it, but when I did and looked at it, it disappeared and I became fully awake. I felt like I had taken like a 10 minute nap. I’m not entirely sure what that was. Any ideas? Before then, when I felt sleepy I was counting in my head before my thoughts went elsewhere.

I hope to get involved in this nice forum. :smile:

I have been hearing a lot of talk about dream characters. I can’t say I have had many dealings with them. Once when i was lucid I jumped through a neighbors front door and went into there living room, a bunch of his friends where all sitting around smoking weed. One of them actually got up and started coming towards me, all he kept saying was: “there is someone there, i can sense someone”. I just turned around and jumped back through the door. Really wierd.

Whether they where actually in there I have no clue, it may of just been part of the dream.

I have had fights in dreams, where i have picked a person up by the legs and just started smashing them off a post or something. That is wierd because i really am not a violent person, i avoid confrontations.

Whispa, yes i have had some very crazy, wierd and interesting experiences over the years.

I had one where I was running through this field and the sky went all black. Before I knew it there where shadowy demons (almost like dementors from Harry Potter) in the sky throwing these huge javelin spears at me, they where going through my arms and legs. I managed to get away because none of them hit me in any significant areas where major organs where.

I had one where i was on another planet and I could see planet Earth. The Earth had gone all red and it had a virus all over it spreading across the globe. It was the wierdest thing i ever saw on a planet. I stepped into this machine like i was going to travel or teleport somewhere. When i was in the machine i remember seeing about 20 different moons above the earth when the machine started up, there was a whirring noise and all the 20 moons came into alignment. I can’t remember what happened after that but it was wierd. I have a book somewhere with some of my notes, but i havent been able to find it for a few weeks now. I used to find that some of the smaller stuff would come true in a few months, so i liked to keep track of it.

Anyway some really scary & interesting stuff.

Gantz77

:welcome: hello Karuni welcome to the forum :smile:

it definitely sounds like HI to me. (HI = Hypnagogic Imagery – Vivid sensory perceptions occuring while falling asleep. HI often consists of images which may eventually develop into a dream. Flowing passively with HI into the dream is the basic technique of WILD.)

:eh: oo another musician :happy:

I hope you enjoy your time spent at LD4all :happy:

I agree! I’ve sometimes been startled awake by my HI before, especially when they are auditory instead of visual. I’ve learned for the most part to notice the visuals without looking too hard at them, which does wake me up too. They can be quite interesting when you pay attention - and very random!

Hello everyone, I’m new to lucid dreaming and I’m glad that I found this forum.

I currently only had one lucid dream that lasted few seconds, when my “spiritual guide” or something similiar answered me:
“Yes, you idiot, you are dreaming.” Then I flew up and woke up.

:happy: what an helpful DC :smile: … you may like to post this first lucid experience in our big My First LD Collection sticky topic in the dream diary forum :user:
My first couple of LD experiences were quite short too, but now they can last from 20 to 30 minutes :yay: … so in future LDs you will get the opportunity to do more things :happy:
:wave: hello DelThako, welcome to LD4all.

good whatever-time-of-day-it-is-for-you all

although i have LDd in the past - mainly mooning at authority figures and trying to grope atteactive figures (though id always wake up as i reached them - i did not understand anything untill i stumbled across an article on wikipedia a week ago, and spent pretty much all my time since reading up, keeping journals and trying techniques