The Big "Hi, I'm New Here!" Topic - Part 47

:wave: hello Troober and GreaterDragon I hope you both enjoy your time at LD4all :yay:

With having spent so much time developing the characters, I think it would make it easier to do since they are already fully formed in your subconscious :happy:
I definitely hope you share those dreams with us too :eh:

it is definitely a good idea to keep a dream journal, even if you are really good at remembering dreams … in the long term you will eventually forget them. Keeping a physical record will help you to spot your most common dream themes etc and will improve the quality of your recall. :content:
The biggest tip is …
[center][size=200]WBTB is your friend :happy: [/size][/center]

i had gotten “exploring the world of lucid dreaming” by adam LeBErg but have only read the first few chapters. i wish to read the wholet hing soon and hopefully start to practice.

That’s good to hear, but there is a whole other topic thats just for EWLD I’d point it out to you but I can’t find it.

Welcome to LD4all. There is already a large greeting topic going on right now, so a mod will probably merge these.

Good morning everyone,I’m up again.Thank you for the welcome Moogle.
I had a dream tonight I remember,though it wasn’t lucid.I recorded it anyway.
I wanted to ask,is it okay if I make a thread on the Dream Journal section to post my dreams there,lucid or not?I prefer it to handwriting and I’m curious to see what others have to say about my crazy mind. :razz:

GreaterDragon, welcome!
Ofcourse it’s ok to make a thread in the Dream Journal section! That’s what it’s for! :happy: Looking forward to see your crazy mind :content:

Hey GreaterDragon.

:yay: Woo! Another dragon :colgate:

Can’t wait to read your dreams.

I keep a journal there and less than 1% of my dreams are lucid or it just seems that way :tongue:
Only thing is if you post asking for interpretations … ths forum for this would be the Stuff Dreams are made of…

:wave: hello lastcaress111 welcome to LD4all
There are topics about :read: LDing books, films etc in the lucidity centrestage forum
Reading about LDing techniques is good but I think that joining a supportive forum where questions can be asked and answered really helps with motivation and any small problems encountered.

Good luck with your lucid quests :thumbs:

Hello,Ysim. :happy:
I started recording my dreams just yesterday.It was sort of a nerdy dream but it shall be recorded nevertheless!
I remember I had a dream a few years ago that I was passing through my old school and in place of the door there was a mirror,but instead of seeing my usual self reflected there was a myself as a dragon reflected.
If only I had read about jumping through mirrors back then. :smile:

Hi guys,

I thought I’d introduce myself before leaping into the fray. I’m a 20 year old student, currently studying Pharmacy in England ( erk, totally different from Canada ). This certainly isn’t my first time attempting to learn to dream lucidly and probably not the best time either, but I need a hobby and I’d love to learn to do this well.

:wave: hello Wishbone welcome to LD4all

/me hopes you get a lot of LDing successes this time.

An hobby? isn’t there a lot of societies etc at the university? :wink:
BTW just being a member of the LD4all community is an hobby in itself :yay: and then we have the bonus of lucid dreams too :smile:

Thanks for the warm welcome. I really hope I can stick with it long enough to get some good results at this :smile:

I actually am considering a few clubs, I’ll see if any work out for me. :happy:

:fly: Hello all!
I’m brand new and I just wanted to say hi! I eagerly await my first lucid dream!

:wave: hello Hermes_HeraldofDeath
don’t forget to post that first LD in our dream journal forum :boogie:
I hope you enjoy your time here :happy:

Hellooo! I’m new too, I’ve had some lucid dreams already and it feels great. I improve with every night. :content:

moved from beyond dreaming :moogle:

Hello all, am new to this forum.
I have been having LDs since childhood. I remember telling my mother that i could fly. She said " Yes in your dreams you can". I would actually look forward to bedtimes so i could fly again, and in many many cases when i found myself flying, i would remember thinking “oh yes, i am flying, therefore i am dreaming”. It was only in college that i learned there was a term for knowing i was dreaming. I remember, as a child that i could actually read in my dreams, (even though some claim it is not possible) because i was reading instructions to find “hidden treasures” or i was reading about how to make magic potions.
As a child i had many of the being chased dreams, when i would realise i was dreaming and so, because i was, i could fly to escape the persecuter. Nowadays i turn around and ask, what do you want from me? :eh:
I have noticed that in times of stress, i will recall less dreams and therefore have less lucid dreams as well.
What tends to work for me to remember dreams, is to remain motionless upon awakening ( when possible= no alarm going off) and to catch the fleeting images.
My reason for joining this forum now is that i am on a “mission” to try to make sense of my increasing skepticism ( of why we do what we do = humankind, that is) and to find out what i want to do with the next few ( expected) decades of my life. ( i am a recent empty-nester) I need more lucid dreams to make me more aware of my innermost desires, fears, etc.
Hope to meet and have exchanges with fellow LDs ( and LDs to be) and to have a place where i may post some of the most significant ones.
:smile:

Welcome hedgehogmama
Well you’ve come to the right place :happy:

That’s quite impressive, and what youve said ( like when you wake up you dont move and all that) that’s all been said here so you’ll fit right in.
I look forward to hearing about more of your experiences in LD 's and such

:welcome: hello xgirl and hedgehogmama, welcome to the LD4all community :grouphug:

that’s great news :smile:
will you be starting a dream journal in our DJ forum?

I have no trouble too and often spend whole dreams reading posts on this forum :peek:

same here :smile:

/me spots the clue and points to the 30 years or older link in her signature :wink:

:yay: just start your own topic in the dream journal forum :happy: i would love to read your LDs especially since you intend to seek answers in them :wiske:

Hello !
I was invited and followed the call.
I am Tine blue bird, Tine is my real name. The blue bird sits on my shoulder sometimes, reminding me to not forget to laugh and take life easy.
I am much interested in dreams and dreaming even though lucid dreams occur only randomly.
Merry meet, and happy dreams !
:smile:

:welcome: , who invited you ? are are you accidentally from wotmania ?
Again a warm welcome !!! :smile:
EDIT : ha ha , i was faster this time