the BIG "Hi, I'm new here!" topic part 51

:wave: hello Eranikus and lax, welcome to the forum :grouphug:
LD4all is a great community and new members soon become really established ones just by making a few posts :user: so I’m sure you will both enjoy your time here and also make a lot of new friends :grin:

why hello everyone my name is Timmy and ive been havin LD since i was very young. although at that time i didnt really know wut they were. It was some time ago when i met a lady at work who told me alot of LD’s and so i began my research about this amazing phenomenon and ended up here. ive been surfing the site for some time now and after the unusual LD i had last night i thought id sign up for the forums and try to learn about others experiences.

about the dream i had last night, well it wasnt really an odd dream like i usually have it was just that i kept waking up and falling back exactly to where i was in the dream and just as lucid. usually when i do become lucid it only last for a few moments it seems, i think i get to excited when it happens and i wake myself up. so to not ramble i was just wondering if this happens to alot of LDers? waking up and falling back to the exact moment u were when u awoke…and does anyone have any advice on how to stay lucid longer?

hey mike :wave: there are sticky topics about that … but a nice hint is to look at ur hands , rub them toghether and say to yoursellf , this is my dream , i wake up wen I want … :wink:

:welcome: Mothman!
This is certainly a great place to learn other’s experience. You can go to the subforum called Dream Journal and you’ll surely find some amazing stuff there.

Hallo everyone! =D

:welcome: hello mothman and Cruithne, welcome to the forum :grouphug:

mothman, it sounds to me like you were naturally using chaining (link). Usually very short LDs are due to being new to lucidity and the excitement waking the dreamer up. There are several methods of prolonging LDs … rubbing your hands together, touching/feeling objects in the dreamworld, pausing and focusing on one thing in the dream, using vocal commands (this last one always works), some also like the spinning tech - but this can backfire and just give you a false awakening :cry:

:wave: hello Cruithne, don’t be shy :peek: we are a friendly bunch and I’m sure you will enjoy your time here :thumbs:

:welcome: Cruithne! :happy:

Hi everyone, Im new here, tried to register a week ago but I guess my aol email wasn’t having any of this site. so yeah after having a dream I decided I would reregister. I just got interested in lucid dreaming about a week or two ago. Found this site one night and and actually prevented myself from sleeping, because i had a gut feeling I was going to get a nightmare and I was really tired so it was going to last a long time. anywho thats me about LD, I love sports(Titans/Jazz) and video games(360) so thats something about me me. anyway im done rambling. heres to LDing for all of us.

:wave: hello CAE15, welcome to the forum :grouphug:
I’m glad your recent dream prompted you to try to register here again :boogie:
/me :truit: aol email :wink:
We have a DJ forum if you wish to start an online dream journal to record your dreams :user:
There is also the stuff forum for topics about normal dreams :dream:

I hope you enjoy being a LD4all member and good luck with your quest for lucidity :thumbs:

:welcome: CAE15!
Good thing you came to us! If you have any questions just ask anyone. :smile:

Hello,

im new and really glad to be apart of this community! I am really looking forward to LD because its pretty much the most amazing thing that can be comprehended by your mind! The reason i know this is because i had one 2 weeks ago by only knowing the definition of an LD and yah it was amazing!! The LD story is in a topic under quest for lucidity if you want to check it out, and yah thanks for reading!

:wave: hello skilled, it was good to see you in chat :happy:
(link to A Lucid Dream when only knowing the definition?!?) :wink:
congrats on your first encounter with lucidity :yay:

:welcome: Skilled! :happy:

Hi everybody,

I have been on this forum for a little while, posted a few times, but I never really introduced myself so I just wanted to say hi. :wave: I’ve been trying off and on to LD for about 10 months and I finally had my first LD about a week ago. :content: Hoping to have more soon.

:welcome: cherika!

Hope you get more LDs too :happy:

:wave: cherika
ahhh I know you :yay: … I think you have changed your nick at some time? I remembered Cerulean_sea’s Dream Journal
good luck with your LDing quest :thumbs:

Hi, I’m new here, I have only had 1(and a half,lol that IS possible, i’ll explain that somewhere else) lucid dream.

I plan to stay a long time. Typing the activation key because I can’t copy/paste >.>

half because it was very short?
:welcome: welcome to LD4all masonc1 :happy:
I’ve noticed in your other posts (and your sig :wink: ) that you have an interest in morphing
you will love this old topic in the archives
Morphing/Transformation methods
and there is also Post your favorite/best/funnest transformation
it was also featured in the second official LD4all Quest LD4all Quest #2: Overtone Moon: Transform into an animal
That will give you some ideas and also some fun browsing :grin:

I hope you enjoy your time at LD4all :smile:

Not because it was short(it was probably too long) but because i knew I was in bed but didn’t know I fell asleep(darn third person view dream, making me think it was my when I’m awake imagination)

And I really want to know how being morphed FEELS, I don’t want to do it,and still feel human(i want to keep my mind though, some people claim to do dream things I’d think “Why in the world would you do that?!” when transformed because of instincts…)

:welcome: masonc1!!

Good thing that you already know what it feels like to have a LD. Just keep up the work and you’ll get more.