the BIG "Hi, I'm new here!" topic part 53

Hey everyone,

I’ve been lurking here for a while and decided to start contributing :happy:

See you all around.

:welcome: Arcturus!!
Yes, please help us contribute! :razz: Good for you to stop being a lurker :happy:

Hi there. I’m the new kid on the block.
A friend of mine told me about this site because I’ve been having disturbing dreams and haven’t been getting very good rest lately. I thought I’d give it a try since he’s usually right about stuff like this.
anywho, if you’re up for a chat, contact me. :hugs:

:welcome: hello Arcturus, at last I can welcome you to LD4all :yay:
:grin: I’m always amazed at how people can lurk and not get the urge to post and jump in :eh:
It’s good to see that you finally decided to take a full part on the forum :boogie: and the bonus is that some more forums can be read when you register here :content:

:welcome: welcome to the forum kiddo :happy:
Whenever a new member says that a friend told them about LD4all, I always start wondering if I know the friend :uh:
Nightmares and disturbing dreams are often the way dreamers first experience lucidity.
You may like to read the translated article Q in ED(newspaper article on lucid dreams)

If you wish to chat, LD4all has it’s own chatroom link … since it is an irc room, you can also get to it by using mirc, x-chat etc

I hope you both enjoy your time at LD4all :grouphug:

edit /me runs back

[size=150][color=indigo]Happy Birthday Arcturus[/color][/size]

Hey arcturus …:wave:
@moogle , i lurked for some weeks :smile:

Hi there.
I’ve discovered this site back in year 2005. I was viewing the reality check sessions now and decided to post my doubt, but better introduce myself first.

I’m from Brazil. I discovered lucid dreaming in a school of spiritualism called “gnose” or “gnosis, gnosticism”. They also spoke a lot of OBE, what we call “astral travelling”. This was in year of 2004. Imediatly I started a dream journal back than that I keep until today (has a lot of dreams). I started to pay a lot more attention in dreams, so I start to recall more. In 2005 had my first LD, after reading Patricia Garfield “Creative Dreaming” and Stephen Laberge “Lucid Dreaming”. I was very excited along with the repeating of the LD’s. But then I got a bad insonia and couldn’t sleep for months, so everything stopped. Then in 2006 had the first OBE, totally spontaneously. Than I saw the big diference between LD and OBE. This time I was more calm, but still, by energetic reasons I thoght, again stopped. So second part of 2007 I came along with new experiences in dreams and in this year of 2008 I came by this site again, after seeing again the “Waking Life” movie, that I saw back in 2004 too. So here I am. And here’s my doubt.

With the dream journal I saw a lot of dreamsigns that always repeat. I dream a lot with some friends I don’t see up to 8 years ago. They simply appear and talk to me. There’s a lot of people I don’t see anymore that in my dreams I am talking to.
So these days I was thinking that should be easy to recognize the dream when I see that people. I’m doing reality checks for two weeks now, the hand and the nose one. Do you think if I keep doing, it will work?

In one dream with the mentioned dreamsigns, passed in my mind the idea of being dreaming, but I forgot in the next moment.
I think the bigest problem of RC for me is the lazyness, or not believing it will work. I do it for a while, than I get less motivated and stop doing, cause the RC happens to fail in a dream.
I mean, It is really possible to learn to recognize the dream state and start to dream lucid everynight? I really want to, but sometimes seems so impossible.

I hope this time it will work.
There are so many questions in my life that I need to answer to.
Thanks everyone, sorry about the size of the text.
Need motivation.

Hello, everybody. I’m new here, but I’ve been trying to LD every night for about half a month-a month now. I have managed to achieve one lucid dream, although I do not remember how? I did the whole

“1, I’m dreaming… 2, I’m dreaming…” up to 100 every night, so I’m assuming I did that, but I just remember being like “Woah, I’m lucid.” and deciding to fly. :cheesy:

:welcome: Kiddo, Fabrício, & SophMajor!
Fabrício you can get motivation by reading other member’s DJ in the Drean Journal sub-forum and there are movies that you can watch too.
Congrats SophMajor on your LD!

Hey Fabricio & SophMajor :wave: welcome to ld4all !! :smile:

hi
I stumbled upon this site a couple days ago,
and im excited to begin my adventures in lucid dreaming.
I kept a dream journal a year ago for awhile, so I guess I’ll start that back up again.

see everyone later

Thanks people.
It’s a great forum you have in here.
Really lots of information.
Thank you for making part of this beautifull group.
Hope we all get where we want to.

Welcome aboard, folks! :cool:

Ya know, I faintly recall reading once that Laberge achieved this. Impossible? Once you say that words you’re limiting yourself! But I’d say that for the average person you’ll need a lot of work in developing your consciousness—in waking life as well as dreaming life—to get there. I mean, you’d have to get to the point where your mind is absolutely saturated with the subject!

I got to the point where I was having them at the most two or three times a week. And I was proud of myself. These days I don’t even try to have LDs any more but I’ve had so many of them that it’d be no problem to get back into the swing of it; my SC has been convinced that they’re pretty easy to achieve. I have them every now and then with the use of RCs (that really worked for me) but I’m not really up to my eyeballs in it like I used to be. But maybe I’ll get back into it in conjunction with my OBE training this summer. :smile:

I’m new not only to this site, but the whole lucid-dreaming phenomenom (slightly) [can’t spell phenomenom].
I’ve been interested in lucid dreaming for quite a while, but never knew there were ways to encourage it’s presence in my life, and now I try my reality checks all the time!
Anyways, just thought I’d introduce myself. I’m a junkie for films and do too quite like my music, so whisk away with that.
My name isn’t Tom, and hopefully many of you will know where my screen name originates :wink: or maybe not…
but just call me Major Tom anyway.
I won’t hear you most the time, so ask me if I can hear you.
“Can you hear me Major Tom? Can you hear me Major Tom? Can you hear me Major Tom?”

buona sera, bello! benvenuto su ld4all!

have you had any lucid dreams so far? how old are you, anyway? the writing style confuses me. at any rate, be very welcome to share your experiences and questions on lucid dreaming, and to discuss movies and music in the lounge, with us. but don’t feel under pressure, Tom. ld4all is all about the fun. we could be heroes and starmans at some point or another, but hell, we’re only dancing.

/me bowies to Major Tom and tips hat. :slight_smile:

~ * ~

edit: c.r.a.z.y.

on a completely unrelated note. you say you like movies, you say you like music, you say you can’t always hear us. say, have you ever watched that québécois movie, c.r.a.z.y.? if you haven’t, go watch it. now. go go go. everyone else, too, go. great movie. great, fabulous movie.

Sonia. Yea. I had two times of getting lots of LD’s or OBE’s very often. But then they just slip away for some reason. Nowadays I’m working to get back into business. But it pisses me off sometimes. For exemple. One night ago I just dreamed that I was in my school, place I don’t see IRL like ten years ago, playing basketball with a man that I know IRL. But in the dream he has this bizarre twin hahaha. When I woke up I was like

@#$%¨%¨&&**

rsrs. I keep dreaming I’m in the old house I used to live 10 years back then, talking to the people that lived there in that time, like if it was the most normal thing. And I don’t get lucid! That pisses me off, for sure. Everyday I have dreams I’m in different places, talking to people that don’t live with me anymore. Aff…

I’m doing a lot of reality checks everyday, but it didn’t work yet. In the dream I just don’t do it. I think the challenge is to keep believing when it still doesn’t work. I keep willing to give up…

Oh well. Hope I get there.

Hello! Yeah, I’m only a young 15 years of aging. So I have a lot to learn in this crazy, mixed up world. I have/might have had one lucid dream, which I’ve posted in the only other post I’ve made so far (bar this one right now) so yeah… I’m unsure on it.
I’m sure as hell getting close, I woke up yesterday at 2.32 via my alarm, but didn’t notice any transition between dreaming and waking, it was so fluent. I’ve also had a couple of false awakenings before, which were just rather confusing!

Nice David Bowie references there :wink:

I have not seen C.R.A.Z.Y as of yet, but have heard of it. I just saw an advert on the TV for a “Stanley Kubrick season”. Sounds like fun, I get to see Spartacus and the likes. My Grandad lent Spartacus from the library, but I had no time to watch it!
Sorry for making an entire new thread for my introduction, seems rather big-headed! I didn’t notice this thread, still new here like!

Hello brizzlequizzle & Major Tom!
Good thing that you’re starting your DJ up again brizzlequizzle!
I’m sure both of you can learn a lot form this site. You can PM any of the members if you’re confused or want to ask a question. :content:

/me takes a deep breath :tongue:

:wave: welcome to the LD4all community [color=red]Fabrício[/color], [color=green]SophMajor[/color], [color=blue]brizzlequizzle[/color] and [color=indigo]Major Tom[/color]. :grouphug:

Fabricio, I think it’s really important not to get frustrated at missing dream signs. Getting annoyed at missing them can really affect motivation. Have you kept the same level of activity in your dream journal over the years or did it go down when LD/OBE activity went down? May be when lucidity seems to be coming easy, you don’t make as much effort to become lucid so the frequency goes down? :eh:

SophMajor, CONGRATULATIONS :cheer:
it would be great if you posted this LD into your dream journal Band Ten HUT → SophMajor’s DJ <33

:thumbs:

brizzlequizzle, I noticed elsewhere you said you are new to LDing … so did you keep the dream journal due to a general interest in your dreams? Or was it when you first learnt about lucid dreaming? :dream:

Major Tom, :lol: I definitely knew where you got your nick from :wink:
I should really do a RC! I just clicked to view your other posts to get the link to the movie one … and for the above post I got

from the search … some is missing :eek:
Anyway … from your list of movies, I have seen six of them (I will post in the movie topic :grin: )

I hope you all enjoy being members of LD4all and I look forward to getting to know you all better :smile:

Moogle. Yea. I kept the dream journal all way long. I started writing every dream I had. But at some time, as I thought I had many useless dreams, I began writing just the interesting ones. Nowadays I realize many dreams I’ve discarded, cause they happened oftenly and never changed, was dreamsigns. So now I’m writing them again, and making MILD to get lucid on them (it’s too much dreamsigns!). It’s sort of getting better now.
I’m wanting to try WILD, but I go like that:
“1, 2, 3… roooonccc” hahaha
I’ll try to concentrate.

hello everyone… my name is magicz :tongue: and i recently got very interested of lucid dreaming tough iv never had 1 exept from when i was a kid once i relized i was in a dream :neutral: anyways happy to meet everyone and i hope i will achive LD soon:P

sry for my bad english :content: