the BIG "Hi, I'm new here!" topic part 54

Greetings, all. I’m new here at the forum (thanks to Mrs T, who dragged me from another forum :wink: ) but I’m not new to lucid dreaming. As far back as I can recall I’ve always known when I was dreaming, and should I decide to I can take control. I actually don’t like to, as I like using dreams as bizarre entertainment to tide me over until I wake. My biggest problem is actually remembering them, as they tend to fade away almost as soon as I wake. Interestingly, I actually used to record my dreams, and kept a dream journal. If I can find it and/or start remembering dreams, I’ll make myself a DJ topic one day.

When I’m awake, I’m a 24 year old male from Georgia, USA who works overnight at a rather large chain of retail stores that are gradually taking over the galaxy. My friends call me Ricky, though online I’m generally called Cactus (or some variation thereof). In my spare time I write (short stories and a novel I’ve been working on for ten years), play drums (I’m in a band, Optical Delusion, and we recently started recording a second album), and play video games (currently Elder Scrolls III: Morrowind for the XBox).

~ Ricky Cactus

:hugs: And it’s lovely to have you here

I’ve been an occasional LDer since I was a kid, recently found this site which as totally renewed my interest. Big thanks to pasQuale and the others for an amazing site!

Now I’m here I guess I should share a couple of my experiences.

My first LD occured when I was about 13, I was walking home from school with a friend, when we turned into my street, it was a different street. I remember feeling so perplexed, :eh: then I realised it must be a dream! I told this to my friend and then the excitement woke me up.

Some time later I read something in a book about lucid dreams, and that very night I had a really good one, very vivid. Strangely I don’t recall anything about it now though.

Since then I’ve had quite a few, not really following any particular technique, but letting them happen spontaneously. I found that staying in bed too long works well, after I wake up, even if I’m not tired, just try to go back to dreamland. Some have been really vivid, with good control. I tried doing experiments like seeing if I could do mental arithmetic + suchlike.

My most recent two are a bit weird really.

In one I was in a total void, just blackness in every direction, and I was just floating there. Not scared though, but rather bemused. I realised right away that I was dreaming but there was nothing to fix my attention on. I decided to imagine a planet in the distance, so I could fly towards it, but then I suddenly woke up. :bored:

Recently when I was feeling a bit stressed + tired, when I went to bed, I got an uncomfortable feeling (a bit spooky), so I left the light on my mobile phone on as a reassurance (just like a kid lol). I woke up in the night, worried by something, I look at the phone, but the light is very dim. the battery must have died I think (but somethings not right, that doesn’t really happen). I decide to get up and switch the main room light on, but when I try, it doesn’t work either. As the terror mounts I remember this is a reccuring dream (or FA)that I get. Although I must be lucid at this point, there is nothing more I want than to wake up. When I do I’m relieved to find the phone at normal brightness!

Thanks to this site I’ve got a better understanding of how to go about things now, I’ll keep a dream diary, and let you all know how I get on!

edit I thought this was going into the “big hi” thread, but something went wrong…

:welcome: hello Cactus and dream worker :grin: I hope you both enjoy being art of the LD4all community :content:

So you follow the plot while lucid and aware or are you just vaguely aware that they are dreams at the back of your mind and can step up control and lucidity at will?

It’s a shame you don’t remember your dreams anymore. :meh: Are you hoping to get your recall back to your previous level?

You may like to browse through the lucid adventures forum for ideas and the lucid lab :thumbs: I particularly like the testing the realness of DCs experiment. :happy:

good imaginative idea :wiske:

You can keep an online LD4all DJ in our dream diary forum if you wish :content: It’s a good way of keeping a record of our dreams and sharing them at the same time :thumbs:

no problem … it’s easy for the mods to place errant posts into the correct place :wink:

I hope you both have a long enjoyable stay here :smile:

Thanks for the welcome. As for your question, the former. I’m always aware I’m dreaming, I just enjoy letting it go and seeing what happens. It’s not 100%, mind you; there are some dreams I remember that I didn’t realize were dreams until afterwards, and there are a couple recurring dreams that I’ve had since childhood that I can’t control, though I’m always aware I’m dreaming in them. I would like to start remembering better, but they always seem to slip away as soon as I wake. What’s weird is I have some vague recollections WHILE I’m dreaming of thinking to myself that I should try and remember the dream.

Now that I’ve mentioned it, I think I’ll take a walk over to the DJ thread and try and put in some old dreams.

Hey everyone on LD4all!

I’m new to this forum and to LD’ing in general. I have only recently discovered this gem of human consciousness. I started my DJ a week and a half ago or so and I find my Dream Recall increasing by a lot. I do have some days that I wake up with a blank mind and no recall of a dream, but those are usually on days I don’t get much sleep.

I just wanted to introduce myself (I’m not even sure if this is the right Thread to post this on?) and say that i’ve been reading some of your DJ’s and experiences and I must say i’m extremely excited to have my first LD! I have even got 3 of my friends starting DJ’s for themselves after I told them of the wonders of LD’ing.

I hope to become an avid LD’er and i’m looking forward to any and all dreams :smile:

Thanks everyone!
-malcojus

P.S. If anyone has any questions or comments or tips/tricks for a 2 week old newbie, feel free! I’m open to any and all suggestions!

:welcome: to LD4all, I hope you enjoy this forum, you want a tip?

Never give up, it will help your ability for a good DR :content: Good luck :tongue:

Theres a big ‘Hi im new here’ topic. Where most people post when theyre new :content:

Erm, a big tip is check out the LD4all knwledge base. For some good FAQs :wink:

@moogle: Thanks for the warm welcome + advice!

@malcojus: Advice? Really want it, but don’t try too hard. Let your subconcious do the work for you. Go to bed with a sense of expectation and relax!

My name is Vlad, i come from Ukraine and i live in Poland now :smile: :grin:
I talk fluently 3 languages, but im not so good in english.

I really love psy trance and progressive/tech/vocal trance or tech house :smile: I like to read sometimes some science fiction or fantasy and i write sci-fi too. I also play classic guitar.
Im working with lds 3 months and from my yesterday`s ld, i have experienced 21 lucid dreams :smile:
The most funny thing i can tell about my experiences is, than my first ld i had, was the first day i have known about oobe and ld. I have read Monroes first and last book from trilogy :smile:

I hope the time i will stay on ld4all forum, will give me many new experiences and knowless :wink:
peace :grin:

ps. please write to me a PM with language mistakes :happy: :wink:

Welcome Vlad! :welcome:

Your english is good, what other languages do you speak?
21 lucid dreams? Wow…good job!! :thumbs: Trust me, you’ll learn something here from nearly every thread! With your experience with 21 lucid dreams…you could probably teach something to us? You know, what methodes you used to help induce a LD.?

Lord Essa

i talk russian, ukrainian and polish :razz:
i also learn english and german :smile:

about lds… :smile:
they were spontanic :happy: they just come :tongue: i dont have to work on it. All what i did all this time were remembering my dreams for night and read something aboud lds and oobe :smile:
i have i guess one (we call it hypnagogis ) vibrations and real hallucination :tongue: i woke up after 4 hours of sleeping and i was awake for 3 hours :tongue: then i just tried to keep my mind awake :tongue:

ps. i guess i had also an oobe but it was provoked by my friend from the future :tongue: :smile: ( i think you understand about what i am talking :razz:) so i had fall asleep at something like midnight and from beginning of dream, i was lucid :tongue: i tried the method of teleportation - the thirl, but i havent did it, because my first vibration started :smile: I was felt like someone is absorbing me somewhere :tongue: next were very fast heart beating, a thunder flashes and next i have seen me ,in the same room where i slept, with a man. He was shaking my hand and I think he was congradulating me my first oobe or vibrations. It werent very realistic, just like a dream but vibrations, thunders and heart beating were real and they are signs of oob experience :wink:

Oooh, lot of smilies, that post was on the limit to unreadable :tongue:

And :welcome: to LD4all, everyone here deserves a big :grouphug: and good luck on Ld’ing :tongue:

thanx a lot for warm welcome :smile:
if you can see any mistakes write me please ;D
peace

:wave: hello malcojus and Vladimir07 welcome to the LD4all community :grouphug:

I’m glad I could welcome you to the forum, on the night you joined, in the chat room :boogie: How are you getting on? I hope you are using WBTB with whatever method you decided to use :content:
I’m glad the DJ forum inspired you … you should check Atheist’s DJ (it is inactive now but it did get voted as the most inspiring DJ on the forum :thumbs:
Atheist’s Dream Journal and [ Poll ] DJ Nominations for December … Most INSPIRING DJ :dream:

Vladimir, it was good to read about your dream experiences, you may like to start an online dream journal in our DJ forum :content:
I’m sure you will enjoy your time on the forum and a good side effect will be that your english will improve (and it is quite good now :happy: )

Since you asked, I will give details about mistakes i spotted :eh:
:peek:
[i]knowless should be knowledge

spontanic … spontaneous[/i]

I have started my DJ i hope you will enjoy it :wink:
I changed my nick and I guess I have to delete some individual things from my posts if i want to promote ld4all and stay uncovered by my schoolfriends :razz:

i saw the list of the members ld4all :happy: more than 13 000?? :razz:
And there are much more of us uncovered :tongue: I think, we could just create our own town/city/country xD

Hi everyone, I’m new here :content:

I’ve been on forums for years, and since I’ve started my quest for Lucidity this forum should become one of my most visited sites (here’s hoping!).

I was shocked by the results I got once I started trying to LD, I remembered one dream in vivid detail the first night, 4 dreams in decent detail the second night, and last night I had a lucid dream! (Not my first, but it’s the first one I got on purpose :smile: )

Hope I get to know a lot of you here!

welcome, Flea :smile:
good luck in lds, if you had one, you know, than its not so hard :wink:
peace

:wave: hello Flea, welcome to LD4all :grouphug:

I hope you are recording them in a DJ (esp any lucid dreams) otherwise eventually the details and memory will fade away :sad:

if you actually remember your first LD, you could post it in our big “My First LD Collection” topic … it’s a sticky topic near the top of the dream journal forum :content:

I’m sure you will enjoy your time here and make lots of new friends … don’t forget to visit the #ld4all chat room too (there is a link to it right at the top of the page :happy: )

Thanks a lot :smile:

I don’t really remember the specifics of my first LD, it was a few years ago and happened completely by accident. I’ll probably count last nights as my first hehe.

And I am recording all of my dreams in my dream journal, I’ve missed 2 from my second night, but that was because I had already recorded 2 for that night and remembered the other two after I had left the house. I can still roughly remember them so I might try and write down what I can later.