the BIG "Hi, I'm new here!" topic part 54

Hello, everyone!

I’ve been attempting lucid dreaming on and off for a few years now, but I’m hoping I can actually stick with it this time. I’ve achieved a low-level lucid dream after a bit of work, so I know I’m moderately capable. I’m mainly interested in lucid dreaming because I despise how much time I waste while dreaming, and being able to create a dreamscape in which I can do anything in is a great alternative to uncontrolled dreams and sleeping with no control.

I’m also intrigued by lucid dreaming because it is largely undocumented and I want to explore the possibilities. Wish me luck on my quest for lucidity!

Reeeally quick before I go…

WELCOME Archbaron…you’ve come to the right place to learn about LDing…Moogle gives great help on where we should explore first!

And Good Luck on your quest!

Good luck , Archbaron. Remember, than no one will tell you how to achieve the ld, just techniques u can experiment with :smile: so just keep your mind opened and make some progress.
peace, dude :smile:

:welcome: hello Archbaron, welcome to the forum :grouphug:

:yes: having any level of LD removes that niggling doubt of
‘can I actually lucid dream?’

Haven’t you come across Stephen La Berge yet? He pioneered some scientific studies of lucid dreaming.
Some of his books are mentioned in the lucidity centerstage forum.

Good luck on your lucid quest :thumbs:

Oh, yes, don’t get me wrong, I’ve read plenty into the study of lucid dreaming, but I’m merely saying that lucid dreaming is still quite a mysterious marvel of the human brain.

Thanks for the welcomes, everyone! :smile:

HI, I’m alex im new here!

I just decided to start taking my dreams seriously a few days ago when i got into a discussion about lucid dreams with a friend of mine. He showed me this site and as i am reading everything on it, i am starting to realize that i have known about LDs for ever but i just didn’t know about this sub-culture it has seemed to create. I lie in concious dreams all night sometimes but before i didnt know that they could be controlled and so therefore i saw them as annoying because i couldn’t fall asleep. Plus,I seriously think that i have an ability to have an OOBE on command practically. Before i talked to my friend the other day, I had never told anyone this but sometimes if i clear my head and stare at something or especially if my eyes are closed, I have an anxious feeling like i am being pulled away. I have never known what it was so i got scared and had to shake myself out of it. Only once did i hold it for more than a few minutes out of sheer spite and anger because i kept getting scared and freaking out becasue i couldn’t shake it so i decided to just ride it out and see if it killed me and i am absolutely certain that i had a serious OOBE. Please, if you want to talk about this or have any questions send me a PM. Hopefuly someone out there nows what i mean when i say this. Sorry i couldnt describe it better but its really wierd.

That friend is me…Hello and welcome buddy! No more double posting for you! It’s bad, or so moogle and pasquale say.

Well actually she isn’t guilty of double posting :wink: … I moved the second post from the big my first LD topic :smile:

:wave: welcome to LD4all gregorahh :grouphug:
I was wondering who the friend was … I am always curious :tongue:
You will be able to browse some topics about OOBEs in the beyond dreaming forum :happy:
Since you have that natural level of awareness when dreaming, you should be able to develop your LD abilities quite quickly :thumbs:

Hope you enjoy your time here :smile:

Hello, I am new here! My name is Blackie, and I have been lucid dreaming for years. I was guided to find this website this morning after getting up from dreaming of my guide, the Crow. I haven’t dreamt of this guide in a long while, and this was a sleeping dream. Usually my guide comes in lucid dreaming instead. So I know that I am in for a very big change in my life, soon. I’ve been wanting to find a site like this for a long while. I’m so glad I finally did. I’ve been lucid dreaming since I was a very young child, but did not consciously understand technically, so to speak, what it was I was doing until my adult years. I look forward to making new friends here and having others around who can understand and share the same experiences. Nice to be here and hope all is well for everyone! Highest Regards…Blackie

Welcome Blackie! What a wonderful way to find LD4all!

You will undoubtedly find likeminded souls here :smile: :smile: Glad you made it :smile:

Ive joined this forums about two weeks ago and I thought its time to say hello.
So
My name is Ariel Angel and I live in Israel at the moment.
I have been LD ing since I was very young and I was entirely unaware of the big communities regarding this subject. Like Blackie here I was also not consciously aware of what it was until just a while ago. I am happy I found this community and I enjoy being here.
Best wishes to all
Ariel

Hey im iDharma, im not really new here but ive been gone for a few months, some of you might remember me as Glanithil, or Artemis14. but anyways its good to be back and good to restart my quest for Lucidity :happy:

Two days trying, no LDs yet, i wont give up!! :colgate: :lmao: :peek:

Welcome relV!!! =D idharma! We all strive for lucidity, and are glad you will join us in our challanges!

woa, wait. Blake, you’re back! you freaking b–tard, where have you been? you were missed, man!

(also, welcome everyone. :grin: Ariel, hi, great post in the Yann Tiersen topic, nice to have musicians in the forum).

:wave: hello Blackie, reIV and iDharma welcome to the LD4all community :grouphug:

it’s a fanastic forum … friendly vibe and so easy to feel at home here :smile: We have lucid dreamers (and soon to be lucid dreamers :wink: ) of all abilities and ages :boogie:
speaking of which …
/me points to the ‘Are you over 30?’ link in her signature :tongue:

It’s a shame that natural lucid dreamers are often not aware of their full potential until they come across some information about lucid dreaming :meh:

:smile: you feel such a part of LD4all now reVI … I thought you were here to welcome newcomers - not to introduce yourself :eh:
anyway it’s good to be able to give you an ‘official welcome’ to LD4all and I’m glad you are enjoying it so much :happy:

You will get there :thumbs:
good to see that you returned to us :content:

Ah Brune, my friend. I’ve been lost in the high waves of life…

Hello, everyone!
First, I am from Czech Republic (EU), but I learn english from my 3 years, so I should have no prob to write and read.
I became fascinated in dreams last weekend, when I (well, not me, some fantasy book character) died in a dream. It was somewhat interesting, so I googled more info about dreams and then I found out about lucid dreams.
I became eager to try one out. Today in the morning, I tried the WILD method, and it worked! It was really great, and I can’t wait to try again.
And so I joined this site. To learn more about Lucid dreaming and to share my experince :).

Whoa!
I never saw this thread before.
SO…I might as well introduce myself.

Hey everybody! This is a great forum. My name is Scott, but It doesn’t matter to me what you call me.

I told myself I’d join once I hit my 3rd Lucid Dream, and that’s what I did. Hopefully me and everyone else here will enjoy This forum.

See you all around.

Hi everyone, I’m glad to be here. My name’s Joe, a US Soldier in Iraq. I have had LDs in the past by complete accident and now I want to gain the ability to have them at will. I had another accidental one a couple nights ago about chasing aliens (they chased me til I realized I was dreaming and stopped and turned around and gave them an evil smile, at which point they took off running from me). This piqued my interest once again about LDing at will. Anyhow I have always remembered my NDs with ease and they are always vivd, I just wanna LD at will. Wow this got long quick, lol! Again, glad to be here and hope I can learn a few things!