the BIG "Hi, I'm new here!" topic part 59

Hi, welcome.
You will soon find out that people are so nice here, and you can talk about everything.
You will get a lucid dream eventually…you will, just keep trying.

We’re here to help :wink:
Ask if you have any questions.
By the way, there is a topic… ‘‘Hi! I’m new here’’…

hi lucidjoey :wave: welcome and nice to meet you. I look forward to reading your dreams :content:

Welcome Siouxsie to LD4all! I hope you enjoy the site everyone here is super friendly and helpful it’s a wonderful community. With dedication and practice you should have a LD in no time, however if you don’t, don’t get discouraged because it’s different for everyone. Stick with it because LDing is most definitely worth it! I was always interested in dreams but when ever I came across LDing in books I never took it seriously until one day I had an LD by accident. A friend and were talking about about dreams, I said that I fly all the time in my dreams and that is when sometimes I realize I’m dreaming. ( but I never took control I just thought it must be a dream and then I would fall back into the dream ) He suggested next time I’m flying in a dream and I realize it must be a dream to look at my hands. Just so happens that night I was flying in my dream and I remembered what he had said. And just like that I became an LD addict!! I can’t wait to hear about your first LD!! :wiske:
By the way that friend has never had an LD but he is not really dedicated. Working on your dream recall first is very important. :content:

Hello all,

I’m new to this forum but not new to LD in general, thats not to say I’m an expert, cause I’m not.

I was a member of the Dream Views community and then I had a period when due to computer troubles and such was unable to be on for a while.

I came back and posted several posts asking advice and help and over a 4 day period I got one reply even though many many people were on, both staff and members.

So I’m unsatisfied with their sense of community and thought I would see how friendly the forums are over here.

But anyway a little bit about my lucid experience and such.

I’ve known of the concept for a couple years and over that time have had about 11 of them, only a handful of them were caused by me. (Dont take that as a standard though because a great deal of the last year or so I havent been able to really try to get good)

At the moment I’m attempting to regain my dream recall, which is going fairly well. I went from remembering almost no dreams to remembering big parts of between 2 and 4 dreams per night. :smile:

Anyway, thats me!

I’d like to hear about what people here have to say about this community. How active is it? How friendly is it? Is it easy to find knowledgeable people for advice?

Stuff like that.

So, I look forward to hearing from you all, sorry for the wall of text lol.

Nifty62

Also, does this forum have any kind of special programs such as an Adoption Program for new people Podcasts, Newsletters, etc etc. .

:welcome: Nifty62! Happy to have you join our site!! PasQuale has done an amazing job at creating a helpful, informative LDing website, she stays very involved and offers a lot of guidance. As for the rest of the community it is, as you will see, very close nit and you will make a lot of friends here. There is a topic called LD4all is the best! on that page you can read others opinions on LD4all. https://community.ld4all.com/t/ld4all-is-the-best/30958 (i’m not sure how to create a link to another page can someone help me with that, please) :wink: here: clicky
As far as an Adoption Program I’m not sure what that is but I’m sure someone else could help you with that. There is a guide I recommend reading and the link for that is at the top of the page next to home. :wiske:
Hope I was of a little help. Enjoy the site and happy to have you here!! :grin:

Hey guys I am from Greece and my name is Steve.This site got me started in the amazing world of lucid dreaming!So I decided to join this awesome community =D :smile: :tongue:

Hello everyone,

I have had a few lucid dreams years ago, but never put to much effort into it. I am here to get back into it and work my Will. Look forward to all that’s to ahead…

Hello Steve304 and aoolvr! :wave: nice to have you with us, you’ll be addicts in no time! and master Lucid Dreamers too :wink:

hi everyone thank u 4 the welcome am sit here on my bed at its nearly time 4 sleep can,t wait “wounder what it will b 2nite if its any thing like last nite am in for a long nite”.i will tell more about myself and my dreming as i go along i know this might seem weird but i live in 2 worlds this one and when i sleep or am i awake who knows this might be me dreaming now i just dont know anymore.
pleasent experience i migt even bump it to you when i fall asleep.
peace
joey :confused: :smile: :smile:

:welcome: hello Siouxsie, lucidjoey, Nifty62, Steve304 and aoolvr, welcome to the LD4all community ;grouphug:

Lucid dreaming is just being aware of being in a dream … and then all the possibilities open up. It’s an awesome experience feeling solid objects in a dream and knowing they are all created within the dream :happy:

Just read around the forum esp choosing your technique and links to all known techniques in the knowledgebase forum … they will help you to know where to start.

:wave: lucidjoey … you may wish to create a personal DJ in our dream journal forum to record your dreams :content: Good luck for tonight, hope it’s a brilliant dream :smile:

:wave: Nifty62

Adoption programmes have been suggested in the feedback forum a few times. The general consensus is that our members are helpful and that if you wish to talk live there is always the chatroom. In addition, LD4all has a wealth of knowledge that has accumulated over the years and it is all waiting for you to just read it :wink:

I’m glad you have finally registered :boogie: have you had your first LD yet?

welcome back to lucid dreaming :happy: You’ve had LDs in the past so it should be quite easy to get back into it again :smile: Being part of a LD forum community can really help with motivation :happy:

Welcome to all of you new here.
I hope you will like it here, and have many LDs.

Tip: check the knowledgebase first :wink:

Greets, Spider.

EDIT: Wow, Moogle, when i pressed submit your post just appeared :smile:

Hey no I havent got my first ld yet =( I am trying the mild method.I am actually before going to sleep drinking a lot of water so I will wake up later in the night.And then have an ld using mild method.What do you think is the best method for beginers?Is mild good?

As a general rule I would recommend WBTB with MILD. But everyone is different, so it’s wise to read the choosing your technique topic in the knowledgebase forum and then experimenting to see what works best for you.
There are 2 pieces of advice though…

1. Don’t make active attempts to LD until you can fully recall at least one dream per night (pref more)
  2. Give each method a fair trial before swapping and changing.

Ok thank you!Every day I remember at least one dream!I have been able to do this since when I was a child.Tonight I am gonna try WBTB method combined with mild since I have heard it has good results.Combining these two can be done like this?
Go to sleep for about six ours then wake up read some stuf about lucid dreams and things and then get back to sleep repeating some words you make up your own like:I am gonna sleep know I am gonna have a dream in which I will be aware I am dreaming?
I have also foun this great piece of software for using th WBTB bethod from the guide section.It is called lda.What it does is that when you wake up after the six hours of sleep you run this program on your pc and it has some questions and tests that take about 30 minutes to complete.Than you go back to bed and In your dream you are going to see again your pc but this time the test arent going to work.Is this any good?
Yes I know long post!But give a brake to the newbie and read thru it!!! :shy:

Sounds like a good plan :thumbs:
If I were you, I would start a DJ in the dream journal forum to type up your dreams and methods :smile:

ye man you need to drink plenty of water all day and dont eat late and allso take a multi-vitemin about 1 hour b4 u sleep try to bet vitemins with plenty of b-6 b-12 inthem.and if your not shy and dont mind have something beside your bed to go toilet in so you dont have to get out of bed and you then then stay half asleep!!best of luck hope this helps

Ok I hope to have my first ld tonight.Thanks to all of you guys :smile: .Ok is the drinking water a good method for waking up? Because my sister sleeps in the next room, she wakes up really easily you know so I cant put my alarm on :cry: . Any advice? :help:

First of all, :welcome: :content:
To answer your question, I find drinking water doesn’t work for me because i never wake up to use the bathroom, but then again, some people wake up a lot to, well, go, so if you have a history of getting up to urinate, then go for it!
If you don’t i think autosuggestion will work better, that is like mild where before you go to sleep you say to your self something like “I will wake up after i dream” Or something like that.