the BIG "Hi, I'm new here!" topic part 59

Hi and welcome, Selene! :cool: sometimes, just talking about lucid dreams here can make it more likely for us to have one. I would really like to read those awesome dreams here! :cool_laugh:

ps. Your avatar is really beautiful

:welcome: selene to ld4all, I wish you luck for LD’s and look forward to read them :happy:

:smile: I agree–enough so that even just having normal dreams is very interesting!

Yeah, definitely. That’s why I usually have an easy time interpreting many of my own dreams, but a very hard time interpreting other people’s dreams: I don’t know the whole context of their life in which other people’s dreams occurred–all that they were feeling or what happened the day before. And if they’re coming to me asking what I think, it’s usually because they don’t have any immediate gut reactions/feelings about their dreams. Ambience is important. :wink:

Yeah, I’m hoping that my dreamwork will sort of intersect with my meditation practice, and as I get better in one, I’ll improve at the other also.

Hello @ all!
I discovered this forum on Wikipedia.
First i heard a friend talking about LDing but i didn’t believe him because that sounded too weird. But somehow i discovered the word “lucid” and then i started reading about it and landed here.
I hope you can help me becoming more often lucid.

(Excuse my bad english :cry: )

Hi, I’m new here. :content:

In short, I am exploring dreams for about 4 years now and I look forward to each and every LD that I have. I did some group projects and some solo projects in the past, I shared some dreams with my friends and I experimented with LD supplements. I guess that makes me not a complete noob, doesn’t it…? :content:

My compliments on the board and best of luck to you all! :good:

:welcome: to ld4all :happy:

I see you experiment with LD’s, drop by the lab some time :grin:

Good luck :biggrin:

HI LD4all.
My name is Louie and im 21 years old. LD is ofc an intresting subject, but the real reason why I want to learn it is beacuse I inherited a pretty severe case of Sleep paralysis from my mother. And I heard from another forum (covering alot of subjects) that with LD I can start to controll my SP’s. And perhaps stop suffering from it.

Both me and my mother has had this since we were young, up til almost every single night I feel the state where i cant move and something is obviously wrong.
And worst thing is that I dont have the “wussy SP” kind. I dont feel a lame tingling or hear wierd sounds. I experience severe pain, or atleast my brain believes that I feel pain (is there any difference?). just last night it felt like someone crushed my head from the sides. I could feel my jaw cracking in the middle and how warm blood was gushing from my nose. So you can understand that I am interested in a “cure”.

I have learned how to wake up (not that hard), but since I most probably will get SP again when I try to sleep, I rarely get enough sleep wich is tiresome when I need to go to work at 06:00.

You will probably se me asking questions on the forum and I will be glad to get help.

Excuse my english, im a swede.
/Lufs

[quote=“Lufsen”]
HI LD4all.
And I heard from another forum (covering alot of subjects) that with LD I can start to controll my SP’s. And perhaps stop suffering from it… I have learned how to wake up (not that hard), but since I most probably will get SP again when I try to sleep, I rarely get enough sleep wich is tiresome when I need to go to work at 06:00.

Hey Lufsen!

My sister and I both have had some issues with sleep paralysis. The first time it happened to me it was very painful. It was like something was behind me twisting my neck almost to its breaking point. However, since it is a state of somewhat “in-between-ness,” that means that it is a perfect time to take control over the situation. I know, i know- easier said than done. However, try considering the way you feel when you are having a sleep paralysis attack as one of your main dream signs. Whenever you find yourself in that experience or feeling that feeling, it should tip you off that you are dreaming and that you can take control. For me, both fear and water are my dream signs. Whenever I find myself near any type of water, I ask myself if I am dreaming… often I am, and whenever I realize I am dreaming, I instantly float up off the ground about 3 feet (since my favorite thing to do while lucid dreaming is to fly). And when I feel pure fear, I too ask myself if I am dreaming, which is enough for me to build up the courage to overpower the fear and take control of the situation (it’s only a dream, after all). Anyway, the water and fear tip me off, the paralysis should tip you off.

Now comes the control part. That is the hardest part. Every time I realize I am having a nightmare (every time I recognize that feeling of pure fear), I know to ask myself if it is a dream. Most often it is because it is very rare to be that scared during waking life. So the solution to your problem and the way to control your bad dreams/paralysis is… you have to have ZERO doubt and just say or think what you want to happen at that very moment. But you have to BELIEVE it. The only reason I learned how to fly and jump off buildings in my dreams was to get rid of my doubt entirely. Let me tell you it is the hardest thing I’ve ever had to do. The funny part is, it works in waking life as well! (Don’t go jumping off buildings now, but prettymuch anything you want, you can have). If you have never heard of The Secret, I suggest you take a look into it- it will help you out (day and night) as it has helped me and my close family and friends.

So, next time you find yourself in that state of pain and hell, perhaps you can try what I do - I scream STOP! And truly mean it. Then is the time you will be able to become fully in control and enter into a PLEASANT lucid dream. It works for me every time, but I have put a lot of practice into it. Just like in dreams, in waking life all you have to do is believe with every ounce of energy in you that you already have whatever it is that you want. And you will have it. Sounds kinda weird and too good to be true, but it is so beautify simple and it works. It is very sad that many of us humans do not know that we have such a power, and if we are introduced to it, we just brush it off as rubbish.

So, my advice to you is to 1. Watch/read The Secret, 2. Learn to recognize your dream signs/ask yourself if you are dreaming every time you feel that feeling and 3. Find a way to be in control of the situation (ex: yelling Stop!), and hopefully that will help you out in your dilemma. I can only give you advice on what has worked for me. Of course, you may find other useful paths that may work better for you. It is your decision to be made in the moment. You can either refuse to feel fear and control the situation, or continue suffering. I hope this helps. I’m sure others on this site will have some great advice for you as well.

Good luck!

Välkommen till forumet!

Your “sleep paralysis” sounds like hallucinary images, sounds and feelings to me, while in sleep paralysis. You probably have a prolonged sleep paralysis after you wake up. But if your sleep paralysis is accompanied by nightmarish feelings, you could actually turn this pest into a virtue, by using the WILD technique. Basically, during sleep paralysis, you try to turn the sleep paralysis into a lucid dream.

One technique the next time you get SP would be to try to “roll” your dream body out of bed, then standing up and finding yourself in a lucid dream.

Tell us how it goes! Lycka till/Good luck!

Thanx for the invitation. I might do that some time… :content:

Hey, Dreamers!
My name is Valeria, I’m 14 years old and I’ve been intrested in LD and stuff like that for nearly a month now. I’ve had 3-4 LDs (That I’m aware of) but, as I so often do, freak out when I realize I’m dreaming Sighs and lose the control. But I have confidence in myself and I often wake up in the middle of the night, which I’ve read that is needed for WBTB-technique, so I hope I can try that for I while.
Anyway, I found this site (Which is great, by the way :wink: ) and I hope this will help me have more of those wonderful Lucid Dreams!

///Aelyissía / Val

:welcome: lufsen and aelyissia to ld4all :grouphug:

Hehe, so am I :woo:

Good luck lufsen and aelyissia on path to LD and may you have a lot of LD’s :colgate:

I’m new to lucid dreaming, haven’t had a lucid dream yet, but i am really interested in getting one.
anyway: Hi guys!
i will probably be on irc alot

:welcome: mainiac91 to ld4all

then you have great chances to get one :wink:

See you in IRC once I can get there :grin:

Hihi! Vi invaderar sidan :tongue:

Hi there maniac91 :cool: i almost didn’t recognise you with that nick. See you later in chat! :cool_laugh:

Hello everyone,

My name is Filip, i’m 20 years old, from Croatia (little country that was part of ex-yugoslavia)

My first and ,kinda,only LD was when i was a kid and i could do anything. I flew and floated looking at my dream from above, then i decided it’s not pretty and imagined it all disappear,and it did. i was floating in darkness thinking what could be better, so i imagined grassy terrain and it was there, mountains, there…literally i could end the world and start it all over again (in dream ofc) .

It was such a nice experience i wanted it again. and not since month ago i started to research lucid dreaming and decided to start having them.

I have a big DR problem but i will be better.
I’m starting to use Artemisia Vulgaris to aid me in my quest.(will keep you informed if it really helps)

I’m working as an security guard at the moment so my sleep schedule is pretty messed up.I value knowledge and patience the most and are in neverending quest to know more.Having time to learn something even if asleep seems perfect for me.

So after this kinda long post, just to say ; I’m glad I’m here and wish you sweet dreams.

Hello everyone! My name is Laura and I’m a 17-year-old girl from Finland (try to be patient with my crappy English :grin: ). I’ve been interested in LD’ing since last summer. I have already had some kind of LD’s, but haven’t learned the technique yet - the LD’s I’ve had just came out of nowhere. I already know pretty much about this thing but maybe I’ll learn something more on this site.

What else can I say? I’m hoping to learn proper lucid dreaming and maybe make some friends along the way too. :mrgreen:

Hello! I’m new here :smile:
I think LDing is very cool :content: I want to master LDing hehe. I never had a LD yet. I really hope I will get one!

Just wondering…how to have the HI? When I close my eyes all I see is black and a tiny bit of white.
This site is very helpful :grin:

Pozdrav, prijatelju!

Ja sam iskusniji u ovome, pa ako ti što zatreba, pitaj :wink:

Iz kojeg si grada usput?

And hello aznkelly and Vaermina!
I hope you all get lucid dreams soon.
And you will, if you try hard enough.
Enjoy!