the BIG "Hi, I'm new here!" topic part 61

Hi Dreamers,

As so many did before I just wanted to say Hello to you all. I first heard of Lucid Dreaming already in 1998 from a friend and couldn’t believe it to be true. So I bought the famous book of LaBerge and tried hard to get a lucid dream. I succeded two or three months later and so got my personal proof that it’s for real and not just a fake myth from the internet. But by having that 15 second lucid dream I obviously lost my main intention to become lucid again and couldn’t repeat it. I just had one OOBE where I was twisting wildly, uncontrollable, blind and screaming in the air above my bed, but nothing more.

So I somehow lost interest until about 6 weeks ago when I was sorting my bookmarks and found my old Lucid Dreaming Links in those seldom visited dusty subfolders of my bookmarks. Many sites were gone, but not all. Among the survivers was also this site and by reading one or two pages on each of those more persistent sites i somehow got interested again.

I then thought about IRC chatting and found this nice chat here on the site where I have been on now nearly every day the last six weeks. By listening to the advice of kind ppl and magical beings in there I already managed again to have a very small one second OOBE. Also two weeks ago after trying out and failing with FILD I had a really bad nightmare like never before containing sleep paralysis, hands grabbing my ankles and a heavy weight pushing me down in my bed. I want more :cool:

At the moment I’m really motivated - also by this nightmare - and also try to meditate at daytime when possible. I already managed to get “thought images” and brief HIs while meditating.

Greetings from Germany!

Hi everyone!

Also new… :peek:
I’ve been having lucid dreams since I was a teenager, but I’ve never known there was a term for it. I think I’ve had about 50-100 of them over the years, with more or less control. I just had an awesome one yesterday, and I thought: This is so great, there must be a way to develop this skill!
So I googled my “symptoms” and here I am :smile: I think I might be kind of a natural, but I still have a way to go. If I could become lucid more often, I’m sure it would make my life way more interesting. I think it’s great that there’s actually a forum for this, and I’m looking forward to getting to know you!

(BTW, English is not my native language, so I appologize for any misspellings or weird use of word and expressions that I might be guilty of.)

Hello to all the new people :wave:

I hope you’ll stick around and develop the amazing skill of lucid dreaming :grin: and share your experiences wit hteveryone else :content:

Hi. I found this site from a link to a forum, on a different forum, and now i’m on this forum, so, yeah. I found lucid dreaming extremely interesting and have decided to take it up. So hi. I also tried for the first time, but i kinda failed. I couldn’t stay conscience. I am going to try WILD now, so wish me luck. Or better. So, in short, hi.

Hi there and welcome :wink: Good luck on your WILD! Just keep trying and you’ll get a LD very soon!

Thanks. Well, if you define “lucid” as being aware that you are having a dream, then technically you could say I’ve had some. Just haven’t been able to control them yet.

Hi. I’m new here too. I was just browsing a website I visit often when I came across a “How To Lucid Dream” topic. There, I got interested in the “lucid” topic and found LD4all on google.

I used to have lucid dreams naturally occasionally (only nightmares though, I would just say “This is too scary to be real, therefore I’m dreaming”). I started to try the techniques a week before the New Year’s Eve and I had my first lucid dream on the night that connected 31 December to 1 January. Since then, I had two more LDs.

Anyway, I’m a student and like most of them, I can’t get enough sleep at nights on weekdays, and I fall asleep easily. I’m not sure if that is an advantage or a disadvantage, but I think I’ll learn in time. I’m actually quite proud of my progress (3 dreams in two weeks’ worth of time).

And as a student, I must go now.

Hi!

I started learning lucid dreaming in about year 1995 or something, even bought novadreamer, which wasn’t any good for me, but still advanced to point that I could lucid dream almost every night. I had also some really great normal dreams, even better than most lucid ones. :eek: Normal dreams seem to have more storyline, when I get lucid I just fly away… So, at first I didn’t much care of trying lucidity so much anymore, then I got too lazy to write dream diary. And soon lost the skill of lucidity and then skill of dream recalling… :sad: I have tried to get back into lucid dreaming, but seems that I’m bit too lazy keeping dream journal. I even shortened the journal to just writing the keywords, but nah, couldn’t find motivation even for that. Now, I’m trying out recording the keywords of dream with mp3-player, it seems to be light enough task for me in morning slumber… Probably I put up more detailed story when really cool dream comes up and I get more accustomed to telling the dream, it’s not as easy as writing, feels bit awkward.

BTW, That mp3-player was how I started this try to get my dreams back. Bought it because my former mp3-player broke, realized that it can be use to record speech pretty easily. I have used it for that only two nights, but last night I dreamed that I was flying with wooden chair and I was bit sad that it was reality and not lucid dreaming, because if it were dream, I could fly more freely and without that stupid chair and wouldn’t have to worry about heights… Didn’t get lucid, but that was pretty close. Bit of motivation booster :smile:this forum) and maybe the dream recall and lucidity skills just come back without any hard work… :smile:

As far as I recall, I found this site before there was forum, kinda always liked the site. Good work, folks… :ok:

Welcome everyone to LD4all! :welcome: So many new members this period ^^

Puce, it is very possible to have LD’s in weekdays, you just have to set up your mind for it :wink: and falling asleep is definitely and advantage, you should try WILD’ing, as it is aided by falling asleep in little time.

flammee, dreams are also windows on yourself, and interpreting them can open up a whole lot of self-knowledge. Knowing this, I hope it will be easier for you to keep track of them :smile:

and good luck everyone on your lucid quest :content:

Hi everyone,

I’ve joined this forum last evening, and I’m amazed to find there is such a wide community of people interested in LD, cool!

I’m 27 now, didn’t have a LD or OOBE since my teenage years. Back then I used to come from school around 3 p.m. and have a nap on my couch. In the beginning I experienced paralysis, day after day, and everytime I tried to fight it. I started being afraid of going to sleep. For me it was a terrifying and painful experience, not being able to move! I consulted several doctors, who had no clue and blamed me for “making this nonsense up”. Once it even happened to me at my friends place. I was resting on her sofa, completely conscious, waiting for some people to arrive. When they did - I found myself unable to open my eyes or move. So scary… being locked inside your own body. I tried waving my arms, screaming at them “Stop f*****g laughing and help me get up!” - but I couldn’t. They were laughing because, as they told me later, my face was “twitching in a funny way”.

One day I was so tired and angry, that I gave up fighting this paralysis - and after a short moment I have entered my first LD, what an experience! After that I practiced LD once every few days, I even had some OOBE! (didn’t know how to call them though).

I had no access to internet back then, but I did learn a few tricks on my own, f.ex: the clock RC. In dreams my digital wrist watch usually read something like 27:82 :smile:

There was one particularly soulful dream, in which I was talking to my best friend. She was telling me the worst things one person can say to another. That I am lazy, cruel, disgusting, that she hates me. I knew my friend could never say such things, so I figured it had to be a dream. It was a very inspiring way to gain lucidity…

A couple of years ago I googled lucid dreaming and for the first time realised, that I’m not a freak and not “imagining” things. It was amazing to read-up on this topic and find myself shouting “Oh, I’ve experienced this! And this, I know this too!”. Plus finally I understood what SP is.

Now, after many years, I’d like to be able to have LDs again, and perhaps control them better. In the past I usually lost the “jumping out of my window” challenge and drifted away into a dream.

So… wish me luck! :smile:

Hi, Nesule, welcome :smile: and welcome to anyone else I missed.

:eh: How come doctors don’t know about SP? And how dare they say you were making it up!? :grrr:

Well, good luck on your LD’ing!

Hi, I’m Steve and I’m new to the site.

I’ve known about Lucid Dreaming for years after watching the “Northern Exposure” episode where he gets a Novadreamer thing and has lucid dreams, but only thought about trying it out this year. I’ve not had any yet, but I’ve dreamt about doing reality checks and had false awakenings.

I’ve also had dreams where I’ve been bitten by a snake and it still hurt when I woke up, and lots of dreams where I’m falling and I wake up when I hit my bed (Not sure if that has any relevance here).

I’m looking forward to having some lucid dreams!

Welcome steve_jjones to the LD4all community! :wave: I’m sure you’ll learn a lot of new things just by sticking around. With that knowledge, I’m sure Lucid Dreaming will come easy for you :smile: Good luck on your quest.

Hi there everyone! :content:

I’m Resolute.
I found your website a few days ago, and lurked around here since.
I’ve just purchased myself a DJ and thinking that I’d try and get into
LDing.

However, the thought of SP and ‘The Old Hag’ terrifies me.
I’m quite afraid to fall asleep even thinking about it.

Should I really worry this much?

Hi Resolute, ^^
If you never experienced SP, you probably never will.
It’s actually a sleep disorder, which you can take advantage of to get LDs.
A big common mistake is to think that SP is required to get a WILD,
Well, It’s not. :happy:

Good luck with your adventure. :smile:

:happy: BIG HI , my name is omar i’m from jordan ( in the middle east ) , and i’m the first and only arabian lucid dreamer :grin: (as far as i know) , i’ve been trying to LD for about 3-4 years and i succeded 3 months ago , i had 6 until now and each only lasted about 15 seconds :angry: , i would love to have LD Friends, anybody?? :wiske:

Welcome Bewinxed! :wave: You don’t have to feel alone, I bet there are countless others arabian Lucid Dreamers out there, even if most probably don’t even know the term :wink:
And besides, welcome to this community, I’m sure you’ll find us very friendly :grouphug: so feel free to stick around, we even have our own chat channel ^^

welcome steve_jjones, Resolute and Bewinxed :wave:

I hope you have a great time here! :wink:

Hey everyone! :woo:

Well, I am new at this forum and I am also pretty new to LDs, had my first LD not so long ago, but then I stopped trying :sad: Now I am going to get up on the lucid highway again and get going with my dreams :happy:

Well, just wanted to introdouce my self shortly and justsay hi! :happy:

I’ll see you around! :content:

Hello everyone !

First time on this forum, I can say a few things about me !
I’m french, I always had very long and colorful dreams, I begun writing about my dreams when I was 10 and stopped around 17, then begun again but less often at 20. I’m 25 now and I really took the decision to not just wait for LD to happen, like I did before, not really caring about knowing if I could control it or make it happen.

But now I found out that there’s something very important I can do with LD, I can feel…feel like it was real, and most of all, I can meet people I could never meet in real life, and that’s why I decided to work to have better and more frequent LD.

So , I see there is a Dreams Journal here, I will use it, and also share some thoughts with you. Last year I bought a book about lucid dreams, I’ll remember the title later. I read about WILD or MILD but didn’t really believe in it. But some tricks worked, I’ll post it in the appropriate section :smile:

So here I am, I hope to be able to have LD more often (it’s only once or twice a month at the moment, when I’m lucky), and I hope to meet with the person I want to meet in my dream a lot more often…and understand better some things about that peculiar relationship ^^ But…I’ll speak about that later :smile:

Hello everyone !