The BIG "Hi, I'm new here!" topic, part 64

Opolious, why not post a link to the signup topic so that our newcomers find the WG/VG :tongue:

I know this is offtopic, but I hope this does fine when recruiting newcomers to these Games :tongue:

Hello! I had actually known this site for a year (this is how I found out about lucid dreaming), but I decided not to sign up. Now I’ve made up my mind and decided to do this :smile:. I’m a huge fan of lucid dreaming, but I’ve only done it once…actually, I’m not exactly sure if it was a lucid dream at all.
In my “first LD”, I realized that I was dreaming, but everything was becoming hazy so I tried to grab hold of the ground to regain my balance, but my dream disappeared :sad: . Wait…I had another one: I told myself I was dreaming and tried to do a reality check by passing through a wall, but it seemed to be getting thicker and all I could do was lean against it. I was later sidetracked and completely forgot that I was dreaming. Even though (I think) I had lucid dreams, they didn’t…feel like what I imagined lucid dreams to be like. They just felt like…normal dreams? Is it because I didn’t fully convince myself that I was in a dream and not in reality?
So, yeah. Sorry for sidetracking there (I even sidetrack in my waking life :tongue: ). Oh, and sorry, but I have another problem (and probably my biggest). I’m 17 and I never get the chance to do WBTB because I have to wake up early enough to go to school. Is there another way that will allow me to practice getting lucid without having to wake up early in the morning to do it? I had tried doing WILD a couple of times, but…it’s difficult :tongue:. I’m busiest at night; so is there a method (or a specific time that’s good for dreaming) that helps me practice lucid dreaming during the afternoon?
Well, this post is longer than I had expected it to be. My original intentions were to simply say hi and bye, but apparently my fingers had a mind of their own :eek: .

Welcome DreamWolf to LD4all! :wave: Your introduction was very sweet ^^

The first one was a LD for sure, so congratulations! :content: It can happen to beginners though to lose the first dream due to the rush of emotions, particularly excitement.
Next time you recognize you are dreaming, you should stay calm and try a few deep breaths :smile: If you take your time to reinforce your dream at the beginning, you will be able to enjoy it for much longer afterwards! :happy: You can check the Knowledge Base for guides on that, like Sandra’s “How to stay lucid”, or the Dream Control Training Course, that is also in my sig. ^^
Good luck and sweet dreaming! :dream:

Hi
First of all I’d like to worn you that English is not my first language so forgive me my mistakes and feel free to correct me ( so maybe I learn something :content: )
I am new to the site by I know about LDing for about 5 years now. I tried it a few times but I always lose interest because I cannot get LD.
I found this site when I tried to research shared dreams but I realized that I am not anywhere near in achieving this kind of staff with may knowledge and more importantly lack of experience (for now :uptosomething: ), but I registered here cause I really want to get LDs and I hope you can help me with this.

Welcome! :smile:
I’m kinda new here too. :wink:
I excactly know what you mean! I have lost interest some times too but I’ve had my first LD this night and trust me: IT’S DEFINITELY WORTH IT! :smile:
And about the English, you’re not the only one… :tongue:
Good luck with LDing!!

Welcome wqrwiamnie! :wave: Your introduction is correct now :content:
Remember to work on your DR as first and most important thing! Use this topic to guide your first efforts ^^ and good luck to you! :happy:

:welcome: wrq to ld4all :cool: we met in IRC and here I am in forum as well :tongue:

And your english is fine :smile: you will get better on it as you spend time here :content:

Hey Lucid Dreamers ! :smile:

I’m Mudkip ! But my name is Chris. I’m French, I live in France. So my English is too BAD :cry:

I love this forum because I regularly visit this forum !

The lucid dreams, I find that really fascinating, as all that touches with the dreams.

I have a dream journal since Tuesday September 21, 2010. And I’ve manage to make four lucid dreams ! It was… FABULOUS !

It’s all for my presentation :content:

Hi mudkip, I assume you like that pokemon and glad you love this forum, just pop in a Question and one of the helpful members will come back to ya :tongue:

Your english is fine, dont worry :smile:

Congrats on the LD’s btw :cool_laugh:

Thanks ! :smile:

Yeah I love pokemon ! You too ?

Welcome Mudkip now i have to question how big of a pokemon fan you are when your favorite(mudkip) came in a few games later XD. but read up on all you can and your lucid dreaming dreams will come true :smile:

Thanks Y4ZT :smile:

I Know Mudkip came in the pokemon after several generations but he is the best pokemon :content:

Yeah, I hope lucid dreams will come true !

Welcome Chris! :wave: I just had to do this presentation :tongue:

You’re doing great so far! :happy: You could keep a online DJ (maybe of your LD’s only) to share the beauties you’ve met and explored with the community ^^ It will do great to your English, plus it’s extra motivation for other users! :content: Be sure to read others’ DJ for your own inspiration as well ^^
Good luck and sweet dreaming! :dream:

Thanks you TosxyChor ! :smile:

I don’t know if I make on online DJ. In fact, my english is really BAD

I couldn’t write my DJ correctly and I couldnt’ choose the good words :cry:

Yeah, I Quite like pokemon, but Im no addict of it :tongue:

About your english, as you keep being here your english will get better, plus writing in the language is actually a good practice :smile:

Neither do I but I like the game lol

Yeah, I hope my English will get better !

Hey everybody,

As you notice I’m new here, just getting started with my Lucid Dreaming-Quest, I have read many Articles, watched Inception, searched for many Guides in the Forums and think I have enough about LD in my head so far.

I’m not that person who remember his dream, I have never taken it seriously, just 7 Days ago I started writing my dreams in my DJ and trying to recognize dream signs, I had 3 normal dreams so far but I really noticed that I’m getting better and I can remember every second dream better than the first one.

The first thing I tried to do is recall a previous Dream, I had about 3 Months ago!, this was the only interesting dream I had this year, it was an important dream for me because I can get an answer to a very important question, witch I think I cannot get in Real-life, and maybe my SG could help me with it :smile:.

And as I said I had 3 normal dreams, this first one was the recall from the dream had 3 Months ago, just from first attempt I sat my intent and tired to remember and thinking of the details of that dream as much as I can and happened to me, and second dream was the next night and I actually continued my previous dream(Two nights one dream :smile:…, third wasn’t that important but still I wrote it down in my Dream Journal. Now my point is that none of those dreams was Lucid or Vivid :sad: however I can now remember dreams better than before and I can easily recall a dream, and I think it’s just a mater of time.

And I want to know if there is any guide about how to get more vivid Dreams, my dreams are so blur and I can only remember few colours, I heard so far about Kohlrabi and going to try it tonight. :smile:

Merged into the Big Hi I’m New Topic, and welcome :wave:

:welcome: amir to ld4all :cool_laugh:

Nice that youve read articles, watched Inception, it surely will improve your LD ability :grin: and your DR will get better as you want to remember more dreams :tongue:

Also, follow the link in my sig to the Game topic (do an RC) :tongue:

Youll also find many helpful members here :happy:

Ps, here is our big topic :wink:

Hey Guys, I’m new here :smile:

Hi ! My “fake” name is “Over”, I’m 31, I’m French.
I did my first LD yesterday night. I’m only frustrated by the fact my lucidity made me awaken, and that the LD french site is closed.
See you for chating
Over !