the BIG "Hi, I'm new here!" topic, part 66

Welcome fedepiz and Timsky! :wave:

Welcome to the forum! Looking forward to seeing you around! :content:

New here. I have used these forums as a resource long ago. My interest in other things in life tend to interfere with my dreaming, but this morning I was able to sleep in without any disturbances and had my most lucid dream to date.

I was in a school yard or behind a mall or some big building when I realized I was dreaming. One of the first things I do when I become lucid is try and fly, it’s sort of a reality check where if I jump higher than normal or take longer to return to the ground I know I am dreaming. So in this dream i realized I was dreaming and jumped to the top of the building. I was jumping around trying to fly but I kept floating back down to the ground. I noticed some people walking by so I went over to go interact with them. As I was walking over towards them I noticed myself loosing lucidity. At that point I remembered some of the things I have read on this forum and various other places. I started spinning and yelling, ‘Increase lucidity now!’. As I was doing this the scene faded to black. I was still aware that I was dreaming but there was nothing around me. I felt as if my eyes were close but when I tried to open them I feared I was about to wake myself up. After that I eventually lost lucidity and went on to have some normal dreams.

That was the first lucid dream I’ve had where I have tried specific techniques that I remembered from real life to try and help improve my lucid state. It has gotten me excited about dreaming again. I’ve been doing reality checks all day… :smile:

Let’s… um, start from the beggining, right? By saying Hi and all.

I’m 26, dreamed since birth, always loved it, and have tried LD since I found about it at around age 15. So far I’ve had much less success than I’d hoped for, but some is better than none.

Also, I do buddhist meditation (mostly unrelated, but not always). Recently I’ve come upon the binaural thingie. It makes me tingly and feeling pleasant, but not much more than that.

I have a very, very active brain. I’ve had insomnia my whole life; when I do fall asleep I’m fine and sleep a long, nice, dreamy and refreshing sleep, but actually falling asleep is a struggle every night, which makes WILD a major pain for me.

My sincere welcome for dan10589 ad monstah :welcome:
We are taking efforts to improve the resources available even more!

Dan10589 believing on your ability to increase vividness and control is more effective than saying the words itself.

monstah I’ve brain hyperactivity :hyper: as well, and It doesn’t make it harder to LD, just focus on it! :happy:
(I was going to post more but 333 posts is so awesome!)

:wave: hello to all the new members.

Congrats! I find using commands VERY effective and it’s great that you remembered to use one. Personally I find the spinning tech doesn’t work and I just lose the dream. There was a very old topic on it. I will edit in the link to it later, since it’s in the archives now.

edit June 3 oh very small topic, I had the impression it was bigger ← link
and one from some years ago on the active forum spinning topic

Maybe you should try FILD instead. Some techs are better than others for different people. Wouldn’t meditation before bed help you to relax and sleep?

Thanks guys. Hi back, you all everybody!

I’ve had a few lucid dreams in my life, but they have always been dream-initiated. The thing is, they’re too unreliable. I do RC a lot (again, mostly to do with the buddhist thing, but related), but when it comes to dreams…

Think I’ll start a thread on that. See ya there. It’s sort of long, tho! Anyway, I do think WILD techniques aren’t for me, but as I’ve explained there, the alternatives so far don’t succeed much, either.

Hi everybody.
Im Markos and im from Greece.

Ive known the Lucid Dreaming as a fact for years now but didnt know how it was called since about a month ago( no i wasnt moved from Inception , thought the film rocked my world).
I knew it as someone that is a “Dreamnaut”.

Anyway i consider my self “new” to this cause the resources ive found here and some other places are way more than that article in a magazine for strange phenomena i ve read.

I liked that some ppl here keep their DJ in the forum so others can read them also the fact that you know each other.

Pasquale (i was convinced that you were italian , cause of your name and cause i am half italian ) i liked very much the greek version of LD4all.
I read it like a fairy tale :smile:

Thats for now, hope to get to know you and have lots of lds.

So, my name is Prince. YES thats my real birthname. I’m actually a 4th so don’t ask if I am named after the singer and NO I don’t sing. Not even in my dreams LOL.

Anyways, I’m 29 at present and live in Richmond, Virginia USA. I actually got active into dreaming and LDing cause I am a HUGE Inception fan. Seen the movie probably 30 times and while I knew it wasn’t all reality I figured I’d google the concept to see what was real and what was empirically impossible at present. I was actually shocked to find that you could not only control the frequency and quality of the dreams but that you could LD and control aspects of them. That interested me so I studied and slept and actually had my one and only first LD and so now I’m hooked. Beyond that fact that you can essentially create and live in fantasy world, its almost like a religion to me now, or my escape.

I found the site cause NOBODY not even my wife and my acupuncturist (of all people) takes my beliefs and my new found love seriously so I had to find someone else to talk to that could relate, and that being said I’m SO HAPPY I found you guys. :smile:

I am mainly here for the support cause it has been rough not having anyone to talk to about these subjects. Sometimes downright depressing :sad: But not anymore :hurray:

BTW, I’m self employed, own two businesses, married, have 3 kids and two dogs, so for me this is the perfect escape from daily stressful and fast paced RL.

Theres my story :smile:

:welcome: guys, I saw Prince earlier on IRC! yeah you can use LDs to take a break from reality, just use the right techniques!

DiamondreaM yeah, I guess it’s an actual fairy tale. :happy:

Hi everyone, I’m excited to have finally found a community on LD!

I’m a 22 year old filipino full-time student from southern california. Some important things about my background; Growing up, I handled all my problems by myself, thinking about them in my head, thinking about it through different angles, and resolving them on my own. I believe that my natural habitat of doing that helped boost my spiritual growth at an early age. I accidentally had my first lucid dream around middle school not even knowing it was possible and I also had dreams that have came true (though these events weren’t of any importance).

I have a degree in computer science and am currently working towards my bachelors degree. I listen to a lot of electronic digital music (it’s not JUST techno!!!) and have been since around 9th grade. I do a dance called the melbourne shuffle. I collect shoes, I meditate, I’m spiritually in tact, I like technology, and I hate the media xD

Looking forward to becoming involved in this community!

Fight the media!

I think that came out a bit… random, monstah?

Anyway hi rdz, :welcome: to LD4all! Good luck in your quest for lucidity :content:

Heh. But yeah, it did seem out of place.

“Hi, I’m new here!”

I’ve been reading around the site and forums about LD’ing, so I decided to give it a go. Right now I’m working on my dream recall skills and mantras. One of the guides suggested I tell myself to wake up at a certain time the next day by reciting a mantra, and I woke up around the time I told myself to (maybe a few minutes late). So I’m going to try that again tomorrow and see if it wasn’t a fluke. But I’m excited anyway that it worked, and I remembered 2 dreams the same night.

About me: I’m 20 years old, and a college student studying Computer Science. I’m a member of my university’s marching band and a member of Kappa Kappa Psi. I’m a video gamer, and a huge fan of Star Wars (I went to Celebration V last summer). I’m also an atheist.

Anyway, I’m glad to be a part of this community now, and hopefully I’ll be sharing in the awesomeness that is lucid dreaming soon!

Hello, im new here !

I first heard about Lucid Dreaming when i was researching Astral Projection, however i decided that LD is possibly an easier path towards AP so i took this road to begin with!

Hey guys quick hello, I’m new here. Found this site through another forum and love it. Being doing massive RC’s, and Mantra’s. My dream recall has increased tremendously and I’m keeping a diary.

Although, I took mugwart two nights in a row, and had zero dream recall. It was impossible. Since then I have not had many. Has anyone else found this?

wow many new members and no one greeted yet! :happy:

Hello guys, :welcome: to LD4all! :wave:

Nineteen: I must say that recall is one of the most important things here, even that LDs are easier to recall than NLDs.

Lucidityy: good luck, please tell us what you can find with AP!

Volkov: well, I don’t recommend taking substances, you can do it easier by your own!

Hi,

My name is Rodolphe, I’m 20 and I’m french from New-Caledonia currently living in New-Zealand. I was on the french forum two year ago, but when I came back this year I could see that it was closed now.
When I first learned about LD, I had two of them in a row and I could even fly in my second one (without using any tools like wings, or transforming into something, etc.). As flying was my only goal I just gave up LD after this dream. But recently my interest in LD grew bigger, there is so much things to do and it’s a way to know myself better.

So I started a dream book a week ago (I always could remember my dreams quite clearly, frequently more than 2 or 3 each night). I know that remembering my dream is a very important step, but those two last days I cannot remember any, is it because I’m to focused on that ?

Anyway, I will find my answers here, and I will try to share my experiences with other dreamers.

Cheers,

lucidadelic

lucidadelic you seem to have had a similar experience to me almost exactly. Keep at it, I just had my first lucid dream, though only lasting 10seconds or so. It was so unexpected too…