the BIG "Hi, I'm new here!" topic, part 67

Thank you Blenderman! i am currently going to attempt to WILD, I’ve just woken up from a 5 hour sleep and recorded my first dream in YEARS AND YEARS! It’s pretty friggin rad! :grin: :write:
It was a strange, non lucid dream I just had, but I’m gonna work on that soon… right now I’m just ultra excited to actually have recorded a dream.
Ohh… I got off subject very quickly…
Thanks for the greeting… it seems I’m already enjoying my time here on this “forum o awesome”

Hey, guys. As said in the title, I feel weird posting on here. The last time I posted on one, I was eight, or ten or so, and, needless to say, that didn’t work out so well. “LOL HZY guyzez im on duh formumz!!!111” “Noob.” “wutz a n00b Chain of sad face smilies” Yeah, you could see why that wouldn’t work out. :wink:
Anyways, I didn’t know any better at the time, so I took everything personally, and thus posting here feels like wadeing into sub-zero water(which isn’t frozen for some reason). . . . I may have just ended the universe just by making a new topic here! :bored:

We’re all gonna die, I tell you!

Edit: Maybe I should have posted this in the Lucid Lounge board? Sorry if I posted this in the wrong place…

Anyhow, can anyone help cure my phobia? ~BlueGecko

Welcome back! And don’t worry, we’re just computer-generated messages and alter-egos of real people who were likely 8 years old themselves once, or 10, or 14, or 23 and wincing at some graceless blog entry I wrote six hours ago while drunk that all my friends read… and would understand. And if you’re met with less than understanding, (fill this space with something reassuring, can’t think through this headache.)

p.s., I’m joking, I don’t drink on weekdays. Still, hey, neurotically self-conscious people unite!

runs into topic

A very warm welcome to all our new members.

I miss a lot with not welcoming you all personally :sad: since every new member is special :spinning: But I always check my private messages so I’m always easy to get hold of and approachable :wink:

… and BlueGecko, you will love it here! :smile:

Heh, thanks guys. You wrote a better response than I could’ve!

…Funny, I always feel like I have a big speach bubbling up, but then I only have one or a couple things to say!

Edit: Oh yes, and sorry about miss-placing that other post!

Edit 2, since I don’t seem to be thinking before I post: Oh, and I probably won’t be posting much more before I have my first lucid dream, due to my brain now being able to accept it. That could change, of course. Just thought it’d be better to edit my last post, than making a whole new on somewhere else.

Whelp, guess that’s it. Thanks again! Really! ~Gecko

Hello!

I’m new here and hope to stay around for a while and perhaps make some friends!
And of course I need to get back to lucid dreaming.

Thant’s it for now,
Good recalls everyone, :smile:

hi!!! i m new here :happy: i’m greek so i ve been wondering , any more greeks around?
i ve had 2 LDs as a child and 1 recently so i desided it’s a nice way to get to know me and have fun through these adventures! i used to think sleeping is a waste of time. But not any more, now i can t wait to go to bed and dream!!!

dream on baby,

Hi. I am new to lucid dreaming and this forum. I found out about this when I found Wikibooks and saw a book about this. That book led most of my knowledge. Then I saw a link that led me here.
Now, I am on a quest for lucidity. I even has a Dream Journal!

PS: I think ive had a LD before… cant conferm that though.

Hey Roman, annemarie and Gman :welcome:

@annemarie: actually, one of our most succesful LD’ers, Wyvern, is greek.

@Gman: I hope you post your DJ on here in our dream journals section. I love reading other people’s dreams ^^

really? :happy: that s great :happy:
none of my greek friends is into this kind of stuff… but now i know at least 1 greek is interested in LDing…
that makes me feel better!

I probably should qualify that he is Greek living in Canada, but he still has the Greek in there :razz:

i found a greek forum, with about the same subjects, but it s not so organised and fun to read… i can say i m kind of obsessed with this place. i love reading other ppls dreams and experiances and learning more and more from FAQs and tutorials.
i m sure i ll stick around a while! :woo:

Hello annemarie and :welcome: to ld4all :cool: I know some greek members who are currently inactive, but there are greek members :razz:

Have fun in here and good luck with your lucid Quest :grin:

thank you ghostie!!! :happy:
i ll get lost in you DJ !

Hey guys just joined after reading up on a bunch of articles on the site. I’m a musician (guitar, piano, vocals), and a recording/ live sound engineer. Music is obviously my passion, and I’m just a really laid back person that tries to get along with and get to know everyone. No reason we can’t all coexist peacefully, right? Other than that I really enjoy expanding my mind… not necessarily school education, but more trying to understand the meaning, importance, and boundaries of the world we live in. That’s one of the things that led me here in the first place.
So as far as dreaming… I’ve experienced multiple lucid dreams in my life (roughly 30-40 if I had to guess) but only about 5 of them have lasted for more than 10-20 seconds before I either got really excited and woke up, or just completely freaked out and pulled my self out of the dream in a panic.
So basically I’m just really interested in the whole concept, and how we can use it to help educated, realize, and better ourselves… it seems to be a fairly untapped resource of the human mind that not many people take interest in, and it fascinates me to no end, haha.

Hello there, HighOfTheTiger :content:

Lucid dreaming is certainly and interesting way to learn more about yourself and the world around you. Some people like to use it for leisure (myself :tongue:), and plenty of others here like to pursue other things within their dreams. There are things you can piece together in your dreams that for whatever reason you can never make the connection to irl. Good luck and happy lucids :grin:

I’m new to the forum. Rhewin is a real life friend, and we’ve talked about the forum before. I figured I would jump on and make an account. I haven’t been “into” lucid dreaming since high school, but I occasionally indulge. So I hear there’s IRC shenanigans and RP forum games? I’m all about it!

Eeeeee!!!

/me tackles head first into SoundOfDrums

Any friend of the Lord’s is a friend of ours

/me promptly gives SoundofDrums a cookie :happy:

Nice, an RL friend of Lord Rhewin :cool_laugh:

I hope you will enjoy this forum :grin: