the BIG "Hi, I'm new here!" topic, part 67

Hello & Welcome to the forums. It’s nice to see that more new people join this forum to learn lucid dreaming.

First of all, before you start having lucid dreams, I suggest you to get a Dream Journal. There you should write any dreams you can remember after waking up. This makes your dream recall increase significantly and you will remember more dreams each morning. It also makes your dreams more vivid and detailed. A dream journal is also used to scan your dreams for frequent objects or situations, which appear in your dreams. We call those “Dream Signs”. If you have a Dream Journal, getting your first lucid dream will be easier.

Secondly, you should start doing reality checks as frequently as possible. They should be ideally done in situations, which could occur in your dreams. Do a reality check when you wake up (to stop FA’s from happening), when you go to school/work, when you encounter a dream sign, and whenever you think about or do something related to Lucid Dreaming. If doing reality checks troughout the day becomes a habbit, you will also do them during your dreams. The reality checks will tell you if you are dreaming and if you do them during a dream, you will become lucid. Here are a few examples of reality checks:

• Pinch your nose. If you still can breathe, then it’s a dream.
  • Try to stick a finger trough your palm. If it goes trough, it’s a dream.
  • Look at your hands. If they look weird, have more or less fingers than normal, it’s a dream.
  • Look at some text. Remember it, look away, and look back again. If it has changed, it’s a dream.
  • Question yourself if you can remember what you’ve done earlier. Usually, in dreams, you forget what you’ve done.
    There are, of course, many more RC’s, which you can use. I would suggest using 2-3 RC’s.

Thirdly, you should start practicing a technique to achieve LD’s. Many of them are described in detail in the FAQ/Tutorials section of the forum. The main ones, which I would advice you to learn are MILD and WBTB. They are easy to practice and won’t require that much effort as the other techniques do. However, if you are up for some challenge, I would recommend you WILD or DEILD (Chaining) techniques. They require a lot of effort and are hard to do, but who knows, maybe you will succeed :smile:.

Basically that’s all what beginners should know. Remember to keep yourself motivated, read information about lucid dreaming, put some effort into it and you should have your first LD in no time. If you have any questions, feel free to ask.

I wish you good luck in achieving a LD!

thx

Hello… :smile:

I read about this forum in a wikibook and thought that it’d be a good idea to register.

So far I’ve only started a few not so successful tries on learning how to dream lucid. I hope this time it’ll be different.

Lucid dreaming seems like a good opportunity to satisfy my longing for these surreal landscapes and situations of which I have just a glimpse left after waking up. If I could get this to work it’d be literally the thing I dreamt of all my life. :happy:

My hopes for this forum are to find a lot of people who I can discuss with about dreaming, that I find a lot of good advice on how to do it, and maybe even make some friends… :smile:

Hey everyone, just joined this site today. I have recently found out about lucid dreaming and it has caught my mind. It is very interesting to say the least. After trying some techniques for a little while i had my first one and it was so exciting. It is nice to see that there is a site like this where everyone focuses on the same subject. Looking forward to checking out the rest of the site and meeting some of you on here. Later!

HELLO :tongue: I’m new as of a month ago and I never saw this page so I thought I would say hello. Also anyone who brand new :happy: who might see this feel free to come to chat if you have any questions :smile:.

Hey! I’m new here!:slight_smile: I have had quite a few lucid dreams before I joined.

Hi guys, I’m new here. Not new to LDing though lol. I’ve been studying about it for months. I just found this website in hopes that it will help me achieve such a goal as lucidity. Anyways, I’m a sophomore in high school, and its going to be difficult waking up in the morning, I can tell lol. Nice to meet you all though. :content:

Hello all you lucid dreaming community people-things! I’m 14 years old and I live in Virginia. I think I’ve had a lucid dream like, once or twice before. It was really cool. I’m hoping than I can escape some of the boredom of my life by learning to lucid dream. I don’t have really and friends and I never really go any where, so lucid dreaming sounds really interesting. I had a dream the other night I got to wrestle with a shark. I want to do that again. So now you’re all stuck with me.

Hey all

I’m a long time lurker of this forum, but never found the incentive to start posting until now. I’ve read up quite a bit on Lucid dreaming and dreaming in general, but unfortunately I’ve yet to experience a LD. This is, I would say, a result from my bad sleep schedule with school (being an Honor/AP student and everything). I’m trying to get my act together this year so I can sleep earlier, that way I’ll get closer to LDing as well as keeping me from dosing off in class =P
My older brother has always been the ‘dream guy’ of the family, having had LD’s at a pretty young age and starting his own DJ before I even knew what that was. So he’s one of the main reasons I got into the whole LD deal. With that said, it’s nice to meet you. :smile:

hey averaine, welcome. nice to meet you too. :smile: welcome to you to captin azelf and all the above new members look forward to getting to know you all :woo:

Hi ! Please call me by Innhyu (some editing done from my real name)

I… am a newcomer to this world of LD; I’ve only recently began to really get myself into this.

I’ve LDed twice in my life,

1. I woke up immediately… it was like …IT’S A DREAM! WOAHHH then done.
  2. “I think… this is a dream…!” but it was all foggy and unclear …

I’m wishing to learn how to WILD, which seems to be the ‘best’ method of LDing.

Hope to learn a lot of things here! Thank you !

Welcome Innhyu,

Late happy birthday.

Read the techniques carefully and select the best for you as we have already talked about that (#LD4all).

Good luck.

Hi Folks,

I’ve been a member for a while and thought now is a good time to finally introduce myself.

I’ve had a few LD’s in the past and want to work on making them more frequent. I’ll be following some of the kind advice which can be found in the various topics on this site.

So a Hello from Sydney, Australia. :puh:

I’m new.
I’ve only had a couple of LDs, and I’m pretty sure one was false :meh:

Also: I’m Irish, therefore best. :razz:

Hey folks! After lurking these forums for a while, I have finally decided to join. I haven’t posted on ANY forum since I was 8 or so (which was a bad time, but that’s another story), so the whole being on a forum thing is a bit weird for me.
I haven’t yet had a LD, but I think I have a good technique going on (that would be CALD). Anywho, I guess I don’t have a spectacular first post planned out, so um, yeah. That’s my story.

Hmm, flow this lacks post. :neutral: ~BlueGecko (Oh, and, it MIGHT occur to me later that I might have missed something, so this post may be edited a little. Oh, speaking of:

Edit: Hello, new member above me whom I’ve forgoten the name of because I wasn’t paying attention! I’m a member here now, so I don’t see why I shouldn’t greet you! :smile:

Okay, guess that’s it for now. I’ll probably be in bed. 'Night!

*Awaits response :colgate:

Hello BlueGecko, Charzy, G33Banger and :welcome:.

There are lots of information here and it’s still growing! Be sure to stay tuned for more and more techniques that might help you.

And BlueGecko, I find your sincerity very funny :razz:

Heh, thanks, Tggtt, I decided to come down and check for responses one last time. So um… hmm, I thought I was actually going somewhere with this, but I guess not. Well, okay, good night for real this time! :happy:

Hi everyone! First post!

I’m Sam, and I’m attempting my first lucid dream. I haven’t had one yet, as of now I’m working on my dream recall, and I’ll soon attempt a WILD. I attempted one before, but of course being an eager noob (and I knew I was too) I did it at the worst time and without any previous sleep. Predictably, I lay there for what seemed like an eternity getting excited about everything that I believed was going on. :tongue:

I’ve been lurking around the forums lately, reading a few dream journals, I intend to start one myself as soon as I can.

So, hello from Auckland, New Zealand!

Cheers!

although i am not not “new” to the site. i am new to the forum aspect. i periodically come back to this site to attempt to have lucid dreams, as i haven’t had one since i was a very small child.
im incredibly interested in the WILD technique.
mostly i have trouble in remembering my dreams in their entirety… anyways, hello everyone!

Hi SamB135 ad FourHeads, :welcome: to LD4all!

I hope you have a great time here on the forum and I wish you lots of good luck with your attempts at WILDing. You’ll find there is a lot of help to be found on this forum and remember to always ask if you’re not sure about something…

Anyway… enjoy! :content: