the BIG "Hi, I'm new here!" topic, part 69

Welcome :happy:

If your new to LDing then I’m sure you will find lot’s of people that can help you learn how to LD and if your not new to LDing you can still find plenty of awesome people (like me :adored:)

Hi guys and girls!

My name is Matt, and I am 18 years old from New York City. I learned about lucid dreaming in Psychology class, Inception, and general reading. I find it to be fascinating, and am looking forward to getting my first lucid dream! :smile:

I do have some questions. Is it OK if I ask them here, or is there another place in the forum?

Thank you so much, and I can’t wait!! :grin:

Hey everyone!
I’ve just signed up but have been using the chat for a while :smile:
So I’ve always loved dreaming and been fascinated by them and recently I had a really short lucid dream but didn’t realise it until I researched it, then I seen a post on 9gag about LD and thought ‘Wow, so many signs, I must continue’ :woo: Anyway I have a pretty short DJ and just had another short LD last night, unfortunatly the dream was going one way and upon realising it was a dream decided to let it continue in that direction which led to failure details withheld :razz:
That’s all I have to say for the moment except this is a great community and I’m looking forward to being even more immersed in this subject :smile:

Hello, my real name is David. I’m male, 34 years old, married, have two children, and live in Georgia, USA. I’m a natural lucid dreamer and competent obe-er. I’m not here to learn how for myself, but to pick up methods and tricks that were not necessary in honing my abilities to discuss with my audience. I host an online radio show (free to all) on lucid dreaming, obe, and astral projection at koaaxiom.com.

I am presently placing a banner to ld4all on my site for use as a resource in helping others achieve consistent ld’s and obe’s. Having looked over the site and down-loaded the pdf created by it’s members, there is virtually nothing here I would argue against and feel it would aid the inexperienced to surround themselves with such an accepting culture of like-thinkers, information, and of course - focus.

I will try to remain semi-active here by posting at least once a week, and provide help to all those I can. In the mean time (and this is the only place on site that I will ever invite anyone), please feel free to call into the show. Our number is toll free, and our site is ad, malware, and spyware free.

On a side note (at the risk of sounding like a lunatic): I have noticed what I call “dream pirates”. Who they are is uncertain, but it seems they use subtlety to enter dreams and control people while they’re are asleep. If you know nothing of this, don’t let it concern you. But, if you have encountered the same or know of a resistance group, let me know via pm or email.

Awaken the Knight within! © :smile:

Hello everyone Im new to this website. I got interested in lucid dreaming a few weeks ago and I was brought here by a youtuber named GizEdwards. Im 14 and love to play video games :cool:, And I love science and social studies but space amazes me the most. I get bullied all the time at school and just have a hard time. I don’t have any friends. Most people at my school are you know wannabe gangsters and are jerks. So I decided to find something fun to do to cope with the stress. So now I found lucid dreaming. It amazes me and I would like to do so many things. Anyways its nice to meet you all!

• Garrett AKA “Mental Enigma”
    Mental Enigma is such a cool name!

Welcome to all the new people :wave: 9GAG is indeed helping more people find this forum! :roll: you guys might like this thread.

hey guys! im 17 years old, ending school in 2 months ( :happy: ), im playing guitar for 9 years and im very intrested in physics and in things that helps you learn about yourseld like art and ld! my goal is to be able to ld any time i want… i learned about ld when i was searching something for the book of herman esse “sintarta”. then after some months i saw a post on 9gag, and i was intrested again

Hi guys. I stumbled across this forum through an entirely unrelated forum and I’m really happy to have found some inspiration to get back into lucid dreaming, and to finally have some people to talk to about lucid dreaming.

I watched “Waking Life” a few years ago and did some reading around the subject and since then I have been sporadically LD’ing, mainly at lowish levels of lucidity. I normally try to fly, with varying degrees of success, but when it works it is awesome! But recently I think I just forgot about lucid dreaming, until I found this place that is.

I’m very excited to be here and to try and deepen my lucid dreaming experience, cant wait to hear from you guys and get going. Off to start my dream journal now.

Major_Major over and out!

Hello dreamers! the name is Ximeronean. im 16 years old. i’m so glad i’ve found a complete forum about lucid dreaming.

Like many of you, i like things like lucid dreaming, imagination, creativity, fantasy and all the kinds of awesome stuff our minds are capable of.

I have tried to lucid dream before, by following instructions from a site. But it dident worked at all.To make stuff even worse i suffered from some kind of sleep disorder ( i waked up every single night at 3:15 AM for weeks. ) after that, i’ve decided to give up the dream i had willing to do so hard. Still i was very amazed by the idea of having a dream wherein you could do whatever you wish, like flying like a meteor through space. and every starry night i wish somehow i could reach for the stars in a dream, if only for one more time…so i will try it again, this time with sucess, because of this amazing forum!

Kind regards,

Ximeronean

Hi there,

I’m 15 and live in Switzerland. I have “known” of lucid dreaming for about 2 years. I had my first lucid dream when I was very young. Maybe 7-10 years old. I remember that particular dream very vividly, it was one of those dreams where it starts out normal and then transforms into a lucid one. It had to do with the Matrix (Movie) and agents running after me, while I was doing some really sick tricks like running side ways against a wall; defying gravity. Anyways, I’ve only actually looked into lucid dreaming (in terms of how to get them consistently; various techniques) just now. Like someone from Australia said above me, the more you think about them in real life, the more you have them while asleep, and keeping a dream journal has helped a ton, although it might get tedious to get up in the morning and write. Aside from that, I’ve been interested in dreams since I was very small, which might have helped made me a pretty consistent normal dreamer today. I am also very interested in OBE’s and astral projections and think that lucid dreaming is one of the things I have to master first before getting into more of the “advanced stuff”.

I can’t wait to meet all the cool people here and improve my dreaming experiences.
Dream on, people!

Hello,

I am 20 from Greece. I didn’t know of lucid dreaming until about a year and a half now. I thought my dreams before were real like, I could vouch that they are at least 90% ( the way I perceive them actually) reality but I was blown off when I had my first lucid dreams. They are even more real than that 90% I thought, I am certain beyond any single doubt that my new type of dreams ( which is the majority BTW) are what to say, I would never ever put the least lucid of them under 95% reality. It appears that I get sleep paralysis since when I wake up the majority of the times I can’t move at first any part of my body, I can only breath, and sleep consumes me again, it must have to do with air not renewed since I don’t sleep with an open window.

What I hear from most others is that their dreams are not controlled at all in most cases, whereas always at least part of my dreams were controlled no doubt. Also when lucid dreaming, not always do I know that I am dreaming. I have seen from mathematics up to ( don’t know if true in RL) an answer about how the brain might work and form dreams, apart ofc from stories that only the wildest imagination could bear lol. Even pain is much real. I am however very aggresive inside them and none of them are fully a lucid nightmare ever.

The way I triggered them also seems to be as commonly described. That I tried to remember many times that I am inside a dream, that I will examine details of where I am each time, ask crazy confusing questions to persons inside my dream, also it seems related to thoughts I have made of various kinds, such as how the brain forms dreams and de-constructive stuff like in RL

In many of them I can even control what happens, such as that I’m thinking about something and it appears before me etc. Also when I fly I can fly with extreme speed and freedom towards any direction majority of the times. They last average at least 10 mins I would say ( how at least I perceive them when inside them), and the detail and size of the surroundings is breathtaking.

Hello,

I’m 13 and live in California. I have known about Lucid dreaming at least 5 years. I have had many strange dreams, but only 10 lucid dreams (all of which I never got to control). I believe that lucid dreaming may be easier since I am calmer now than I was back then. I hope that I succeed!

Sincerely,
Guardian23

Hi everyone
New to all this lucid dreaming but find it very intresting. Never had a lucid dream but who knows what will happen :smile:

Hey buddy welcome to ld4all! You will have tons of fun! And you will definitely will have a lucid dream. Just wait for the great feeling you will get when you notice you are dreaming you will be amazed and you will be amazed at the stuff you could do :smile:

Good luck with the LDing

Hey Everyone,

I’m 19 and I’m from Australia, I heard about Lucid Dreaming a couple months ago, but I’ve been interested in dreaming since I was a kid. So far I’ve had one lucid dream that lasted about 5 seconds. I felt like I stood straight up on my bed and suddenly I was on a mountain in the middle of a blizzard, unfortunately this shocked me out of it and I woke up pretty confused :content: Since then I’ve had a bunch of semi-lucid dreams but haven’t managed to get anything near as vivid as my first one. I’ve started keeping a dream journal and my dream recall has been improving daily. I’m excited to have my next lucid dream and am hoping to post fairly often on this forum.

As for me, I’m currently studying Psychology and hope to eventually do my thesis on lucid dreaming eventually. Pretty in to sports, and used to play tennis at a pretty decent level, but I’m pretty interested in most sports. Music taste varies a lot but I’d say mainly sort of chilled out hip hop/rap is more my style. I’ve also experimented with various dreaming herbs such as Calaea Zacatechichi (?), blue lily and mugwort and some other stuff, but to be honest I cant stand the tea and smoking it doesn’t seem to add much to my dreams. Anyway, that’s all for now, hope to get to know some of you guys better, and happy dreaming :smile:

Oh and as for my username I originally tried to get “Dreamer” and “Sleeper” in Latin but they were taken so I ended up with this one which is supposed to mean dream traveller, according to the translator :tongue:

Hello,
It’s nice to meet you all. Um, I’m from New Mexico in the US. I have tried to lucid dream but every time is unsuccessful.
I’m a struggling LD. So… I do believe that I did LD before. It was about a year ago and I wanted to see my dream guardian. I did and I was being carried around a black space with a bunch of different mirrors. I was also talking to my dream guardian. But that’s all I remember.
I’m an artist for about almost four years now. (I’ve gotten pretty good by now) and I also like to write
Well, thanks for reading
KyokoH

Hello! It’s wonderful to meet you all. :write: I’m very new here but not new to dreaming…

I had a very vivid OBE/dream as a young child that cemented a fascination with dreams that has continued all through my life to this very day. I’ve had quite a few lucid dreams over the years… along with a few that fit in the “beyond dreaming” category.

I’ve always been interested to find others to discuss dreams and share dreams with on a daily basis and it seems like I’ve hid the motherload with ld4all… :hurray: what a great forum! :grin: Now to figure out where on earth to start! :woo: :help:

I also am a member of another dream group that tries to use it’s dreaming skills to save the world… but alas, my dreams are often more personally significant than they are globally significant.

About me: I’m a musician and a tarot card aficionado… as well as a dream enthusiast. I grew up in the southern U.S. and now live with my family in the Blue Ridge Mountains in a wonderful and very artistic/creative community.

I was thinking of posting a DJ but I’m not sure how to start being that my actual lifelong DJ document on my computer has more than 350 pages! I know I shouldn’t post all that, but not sure where I should start, if not from the beginning. I was thinking perhaps I’d sum up some early dream experiences by posting some of the most profound ones, and then start posting day to day stuff that is current.

Anyway, hope to get to know you all better! :grouphug:

:woo: I’m new here, and ever since I heard about LD’s I’ve wanted to have one, do you have any tips on how to have an LD? Also, I put MLP on my interests, I will not be happy with anybody hating on it, or any of my interests, I’m sure you’re a nice group, but one rotten apple spoils the whole tree. I hope you will all be able to give me some advice and hopefully help me achieve my goals. If anybody feels like this —> :confused: when they see “MLP” PM me and I will explain it and hopefully you like it :happy: K… Um, bye for now!

Hiya! I’m Morrigan- obviously. I’m probably going to lurk, not going to lie, but I’ll try to contribute where I can. :smile:

With love,
Itchies <3

Hello,

I think I’ve had a few LDs but not really sure, they were early in the sleep cycle or just about to fully wake up. I also am trying to recall all my dreams with no success