the BIG "Hi, I'm new here!" topic, part 71

Hi. As mentioned in my first journal post, I’ve known about LD4all for a while, but was quite busy elsewhere. A few people might remember me from another well known site or two. Anyway, looking for a dream community that is creative, motivated and a bit more active.

I’ve been LDing since about 2006. My background is in engineering so I approach this phenomenon at times a bit differently. Areas of interest include LD induction, PSI phenomenon, reality modeling and my latest endeavor … learning to speak dream (see journal for brief explanation and example).

I’ve had the pleasure of presenting at the most recent IASD PsiBer Dreaming conf, and was interviewed by Robert Waggoner in “Lucid Dreaming Experience” a while back. Also co-authored a book on my experiences dream sharing with another talented lucid dreamer. Etc … (Magic decoder ring for the curious … DrTechnical = James M Kroll).

Anyway, looking forward to sharing experiences and thoughts on these various topics.

Welcome to ld4all DrTechnical :wave:

Quite a few of our members have an interest in dream sharing. Would be good to read about a few of your experiences, either in your dream journal or in the beyond dreaming subforum.

It’s good to have you in our community. :smile:

Thanks for the welcome Moogle. Dream sharing is definitely one fascinating aspect of lucid dreaming and dreaming in general. I will have to spend a bit of time catching up on what’s been going on here in that topic. But I am quite convinced its a real phenomenon. Just briefly, Maria Pita and I chronicled our attempts and authored a book called “Dream Partners”. You can find it easily enough. Basic conclusion was that what one is sensing in dreams goes through a metaphor filter, and is interpreted in some sense. So if one meets up with another in the dream space, simple and emotional actions have the best chance of getting through the other persons metaphor filter unaltered, and remembered in a similar manner.

In our best attempt, we not only experienced a pair of events that were perfectly metaphorically matched, but literally woke at the same time (we live 700 miles aware, but were documenting wake up times). We hypothesize that we each seized a “piece” of each others consciousness, and then released it at the same time when one of us woke, thus perturbing the link and waking the other.

That event was enough to convince me it’s real.

Hi everyone,
I’m new to this forum, but not to lucid dreaming :smile:

I’m from a little place in Europe, I go to high school and one of my hobbies includes lucid dreaming…
I really like to explore my dreamworld, because it feel like I really belong there…a very strange feel, but I guess you know what I mean.
I think it’s more fun than real world because it feels so mystic and beautiful.
Don’t think I’m a weirdo, but I’d rather live in my dreams than in this world…

That would be all, ladies and gentlemen… happy dreaming!

Welcome to ld4all, Stray Bullet.

So have you been lucid dreaming from a young age or found out about it and then started lding?

I hope you enjoy your time on the forum and I’m sure that you will make some good friends here. :smile:

Thanks, moogle!

I actually found about lding a few years ago on the internet (not sure where)…
I had minor success, but I quit because I had too much to think about, like school.

I decided to try again because life’s been hard on me for years and I want to fix myself mentally and spiritually through dreaming.

Thank you again for the welcome :content:

Hey, I am new here and I need 1 post.

Hi, new here, I’ve had a few lucid dreams and I’m trying to become better :smile:

Welcome to ld4all klemen and Dreamerrose77 :grouphug:

You might want to post your first LD in the sticky The BIG “My First LD” collection :smile:

I hope you both enjoy your time on ld4all.

This part is now locked, the introductions continue in the BIG “Hi, I’m new here!” topic, part 72