The BIG "Hi, I'm new here" topic part 75

Hi guys, just introducing myself. I had my first LD experience this week, without expecting it, and still taken by how cool this is - so many possibilities! It was rather quick though, I think I got too excited then too scared. Now reading more on the subject, trying to get to number 2. Glad to be a part of this community.

2 Likes

Welcome to the forum @foreign.agent
My opinion is even if the first couple of LDs are short due to excitement you still get that awesome feeling when you realise that you are dreaming and IN A DREAMWORLD. :yay:

Rubbing your hands together or touching dream objects can keep you in the dream. :thumbs:

1 Like

Thanks @moogle. I totally agree. Awesome is the right word. I’m kind of taken back, now having had the experience, by how little people at large know about LD. I’m really looking forward to experimenting more. Last night I tried WILD and I felt my eyes going all over the place and my body getting numb but it took so long to transition that I lost it. It’s hard not to get too self-conscious about it. Let’s see how it goes tonight… - Thanks for the tips!

Hi, I am new here and very curious if there are others whom have gotten to LD when dealing with aphantasia, I have been working hard on discovering techniques that will allow me to visualize and recall any dreams I may have. I have zero recall of dreams and hope to get back to how things were when I was younger. I am uncertain of a traumatic event that may have caused this current condition, however I do believe it can and will be overcome. I look forward to having dreams, recall, LD’s and OBE’s

1 Like

hello ilusn, welcome to the forum.
Does the aphantasia affect the ability to recall day to day memories? The condition is totally new to me thought I have come across people who find visualising more difficult.
Did you LD when younger or just had better dream recall?
I’m just curious. :peek:

1 Like

Hello ilusn,

I haven’t known about aphantasia for the longest time, until recently somebody posted about this condition here on this forum: https://community.ld4all.com/t/advice-from-others-with-aphantasia-or-anyone-with-knowledge-on-subject/75571

Welcome @ilusn!
My girlfriend has a moderate aphantasia in which it’s very rare that she can see anything in her mind’s eye (she can’t intentionally do it, it seems, but sometimes has something flash up occasionally)

If it’s of any comfort, you don’t need to be able to visualize to recall your dreams or have lucid dreams. It may be helpful, but definitely not required. My partner recalls her dreams and occasionally has a lucid dream (she’s not a “practicing” lucid dreamer), she just doesn’t remember them visually. She says it’s more like data in her head. Like memories without an image. Your mind just perceives thought a little differently and that’s totally valid!

Happy to have you in the community!

3 Likes

@moogle I believe I did LD when I was younger and I had no issues with visualization. I can recall memories day to day, the bigger issue is trying to do meditations and visualizing events during meditation

May be visualise something very simple - like a candle flame or apple?

1 Like

@Splash I have learned to work with it, I am hoping at some point I will regain the ability’s to visualize stuff while when I deal with whatever caused this condition in the first place. Thank you for your time!

Also a totally valid goal! I hope you find lucid dreaming and the community here helpful on your journey!

1 Like

Hi everyone!
I am a 30 year old woman living in Sweden. It’s only about a week since I really discovered exactly how much I want to learn to lucid dream (even though I have heard about the phenomenon earlier), both for the sake of creativity and personal growth (including anxiety management). I have always had a close relationship with my dreams, mostly for good but even sometimes for bad. Some of my best creative ideas, mostly in fictional writing, have actually their origins in this mysterious subconscious, but from time to time I am struck by dreams so depressing that I can feel sad, empty or confused a big part of that following day. On the other hand, a really cheerful or beautiful dream can during the right circumstances give the most ordinary day a slight shimmer of magic. Therefore, I have always naturally been quite good at dream recall and can still remember fragments from dreams I had when I was a child.

Dream journaling has now improved this skill even more, even though I only have been doing it for about six days. And guess what, I am quite sure I got my first few moments of lucidity already the second day (or morning) of it! :rofl:

That has indeed made me even more eager and inspired to learn more about it! :slightly_smiling_face:

4 Likes

Welcome to the forum @Annissa.

You may be interested in our Garden and Fruits of Lucidity forums. Feel free to share if you wish. :slight_smile:

https://community.ld4all.com/c/garden-of-creation/20

https://community.ld4all.com/c/garden-of-creation/fruits-of-lucidity/19

I expect that you have already found the Dream Journal forum. You may like to post about the few moments of lucidity and the rest of the dream in there. :user:

1 Like

Oh yes, I will! =)

Welcome @Annissa
Have a great time here,im just a person who does stuff that are creative, but you should check the fruits of lucidity.also,maybe a dj here?

Have a great time with your ld’s with success

:slight_smile:

TheAstralDreamer

Ps,you live in sweden?Thats a pretty great country,i know some people who have told me sweden is great

1 Like

Thank you! Yes, I do :slightly_smiling_face:

Thank you!
Wow, that’s a really cool category! =D

How can I learn to touch dream objects? I rarely touches things in normal dreams, at least not without noticing it quite much (but I think still do).

You ‘just do’ … if this doesn’t come naturally to you, set the intent to touch objects in the dream. Visualise doing it. You could also touch items in your own home when awake to get used to it.

It’s amazing when you do it in your early LDs especially. Feeling a solid object … yet knowing it is the dream world.

You just do touch.Like moggle said,she/he gave you a start