The BIG "Hi, I'm new here" topic part 75

I’m new here too. I Used to LD but family responsibilities became more important. Now it is time that there is more time for LD and it would benefit family if I was more relaxed, like I used to be when LDing was my focus. I have had many LDs and am looking forward to getting back into it. Much Love to you all.

1 Like

Welcome to the forum @the_JJ_bug

Did you used to keep a dream journal? If you did then reading old LD experiences would be a brilliant idea to get your focus back on to LDing.

Welcome to the team @the_JJ_bug

Id you had an old DJ here,you can still look back on it !

~The astral Dreamer

Hi,I am new to the forum,just to let you all know,I am @Lumiscnt 's brother! He told me to come on ld4all and check it out,so he invited me and let me use his device to go on ld4all! I got really intruiged with lucid dreaming.I have a question that my brother wants me to find on this site, “What’s the best way to practise lucid dreaming and how?”.I’ve only had 2 lucid dreams in my whole life.

Thanks! :wink:

True,she is my brother (oops) Welcome to ld4all! :welcome:

I thought you were one of my friends for a second,lol.

1 Like

Welcome @Exotic MILD and WBTB is the best combination.

Browse FAQs and Tutorials

starting with

and

Plus I’m sure your brother can give you lots of advice.

1 Like

Thanks @moogle! I knew there were posts,bu ti never knew the posts would be this helpful!

aah,I see,my brother?he’s a funny one.

1 Like

Hi everyone, new to this forum. I must agree with Moogle’s reply to Exotic - WBTB is also my preferred method. I’ve been lucid dreaming (I always wonder if I should say ‘dreaming lucidly’?) for nearly 20 years, and I’m currently using lucid dreams to try to generate ideas for a book cover. I love it when your subconscious surprises you… presenting you with something unexpected, rather than just seeing what you expect to see.

3 Likes

ooo, @benjhenry what is the book about? We have the Garden (for anything you create) and even Fruits of Lucidity (for things from LDs)
Welcome to ld4all

Welome to the team @benjhenry;

My preferred method is my own,with FILD or MILD itself.Nice to know you like WBTB,and for nearly 20 years?I haven’t eve reached 20 yet,i’m still a teen!And as moogle said,your book cover ideas could be placed in #garden-of-creation for anything you do!Hope to see you in future posts!

~Lucifer

That’s great - thanks Emperor_Thanatos, I’ll check this out.

1 Like

That’s excellent, @moogle - I hadn’t seen either of these. I’ll take a look, thanks!

1 Like

Hello everyone ! I wasn’t sure to post here or create a new topic, but I think I understood it is here I should introduce myself.

I am very happy having found this community ! I was looking for some sharing community, learning and teaching from my experience to like-minded people.

I am really looking for a safe space, respectful and open. But I think that if we gather between LDreamers, all of us have at least this wish to increase mindfulness and open minded study of consciousness.

I am having lucid dreams once a month. And I want to bring my practice to the next level, to the ultimate consistency and commitment. I feel drawn to it ! I knew about MILD and WBTB but never really tried them, having family around. My partner and a 6-month old baby sleeping in the room.

How are you doing WBTB when you are not sleeping alone ?

I want to try these techniques together because I think they would be very effective for me.

Also, I am just recently practicing with OBE, is there some people interested in this here also ? I believe it is closely related to LD

I am happy to be here now, thank you everyone, the creators and the contributors of this community. It looks like a new family :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Welcome to the forum!

A lot of people here have different views but I’ve never encountered anyone being outright hostile or disrespectful of others’ beliefs here so I hope you find this space receptive to your views!

I figure your concern is waking everyone else up with an alarm and less that getting up would cause
a disturbance? If that is the case you might be able to adjust. Since I usually sleep alone I can only speak from what I’ve read from other people, but here are some ideas:

-If you being up causes to much disturbance, don’t stay up as long (I usually only stay up a few minutes actually, that doesn’t work for everyone but it might work for you?).

-Do you have a fitbit? I think I’ve read some people using a vibrating alarm on something like this or another kind of vibrating alarm to wake themselves up but not their partner or roommate.

-Use autosuggestions/incubations/mantras to tell yourself to wake up in the middle of the night, without an alarm. this might seem unreliable, but it can work quite well as part of a MILD technique. Check out this thread and this post for some discussion about MILD and autosuggestions.

-Drink some water or tea before bed so that you’ll wake up to go to the bathroom in the middle of the night? :lol: Kinda funny but I’m sure I’ve read this suggestion somewhere before?

You can find and start discussions about OBEs in the beyond dreaming section of the forum! It’s not something I know much about but many other lucid dreamers are also interested in that, so you’re not alone :slightly_smiling_face:

1 Like

Welcome to the forum @Palopoli_Art
When not alone. I never set an alarm for WBTB but used natural awakenings for it. During my brief WBTB I would just use the toilet and jot down any dream recall in my notebook journal while in toilet.
This wakes you up just enough to return and use MILD in my case.

2 Likes

@Splash Thank you for your answer ! I totally understand and respect the differences in views, I will just try to understand if I can be vulnerable here or keep some defenses on you now :slight_smile:

By the way I saw some of your illustrations and they are amazing ! I love that you link LD and art sometimes :good:

@moogle Thank you for this sharing. I think that I can do this technique, and I like the idea to bring the dream journal with you in toilet !

2 Likes

Well @Palopoli_Art,im pretty sure ive seen you on anothe post :welcome:

These 2 people already beat me to the answers,so just answering you for the first 1,no-one is downright disrespectful here,everyone is friendly,although they might have different views.

Hope to see ya in future posts!

~Lucifer

1 Like

Hei everyone!

I’m from Italy and recently turned 22.

I discovered this community thanks to a book about Lucid Dreams I’ve been reading lately.
I’m a total beginner when it comes to the “do it” side (started to practice one week ago and had only one brief LD), yet I’ve known about it for years.

I know I have a long way ahead, but I am really mesmerized by the idea of exploring the dream world. The thing that really catches my interest is the idea of “The Dream” itself, seen as a sort of “aware being”.

Hope to bring some insights in the future .

Peace :slight_smile:

Welcome to LD4all @JonTripp
What happened in the brief LD? What triggered the luicidy?
Early LDs are often short but it does improve.

Welcome @JonTripp,

Nice avatar choice. Do you happen to be an NGE fan?