The BIG "Hi, I'm new here" topic part 76

welcome back :wave: I revisit very old topics sometimes. :heart:

1 Like

Hi everyone! In ancient times I used to come here, and now I am back. The new place looks fantastic. I hope to spend an inspiring time here, an meet some fellow travellers!

1 Like

Welcome back to LD4all, @Guido13 :wave:
Yes, the discussion board had a major software update at the beginning of last year. It feels much more modern now.

So I started practicing lucid dreams a year ago and I used to get small lucid glimpses, but now I have taken it seriously. I’m doing practises from 2 months and it has definitely increased my consciousness but I don’t understand why I’m not even getting a single glimpse ( I have pretty good dream recall and I have written a lot of dreams in my dream journal and I’m even doing RCs ). But for God knows what reason I haven’t gotten a single LD. If anyone can help me I’d really appreciate that.

Ive been lucid dreaming on and off and on since I was around 24. Sometimes the best LDs come when you slip the focus on LDing. Others come when you believe enough that they will come. And it is really important to try to be aware of what a dream is like, what is so strange or scary that it cant be real. And you have to be patient and trust and also you have to tell yourself you have time to LD and that you are safe and asleep and nothing bad will happen.

Hope that helped!

That’s exactly how I think of LDing. But how much time did it take to have your first LD? And I’m just 17 so I think teenagers can easily learn LDing and that’s not the case with me so it just feels a bit like I should have been able to LD by now. But it has increased my awareness so that’s a huge advantage. And BTW nothing in LDing ever scared so I’m not scared of anything in LD (even ghosts). The thing is I am just not able to see my progress. And I sometimes walk in real life when I’m dreaming so I don’t know if I can even get a SP.

welcome to the forum @ANI

That is the key to Lucid Dreaming, increasing your awareness so you realise you are dreaming within the dream.

Have fun on your LD Quest.

Hi im new and excited to be part of this site

2 Likes

Hi and welcome! :welcome:

Thank you so much :smiling_face_with_three_hearts::smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

Welcome @Neiluk2021 :wave:

What’s your experience with lucid dreaming so far? Have you just discovered LDs and want to give them a try or do you already have hands-on experience?

Hello!!! I’m new here! I have been working on lucid dreaming since March or so of this year, and have had around 6 lucid dreams, some really incredible ones… now I am in a bit of a dry spell and have not been able to get lucid for more than two months. Working on it every day though. I am happy to find this awesome place full of lucid dreamers. Would love to connect. I’m in BC, Canada!

3 Likes

Welcome to the forums, @Farmgirl :wave:

Sounds like you had some great success already! I wish your lucid dreams come back soon. In the meantime, let me shamelessly advertise our dream journal sub forum where you can share your dreams with the community if you feel comfortable in doing so. As you certainly know, keeping a DJ is very helpful for dream recall and also lucid dreams :content:

https://community.ld4all.com/c/dream-journal/14

1 Like

I will start a DJ for sure! I’m happy to share, and love reading about others adventures in dreams! Thank you!

Hiya! Not new here but may as well be considering how long it’s been! The site looks different then how last remember it. I like it ^-^

Anywho it’s been years since I last really focused on LDing and I miss it, so here’s me getting back into the swing of things and starting from the beginning!

Welcome back to the forums, @BasilThymes :wave:

Yeah, the new forum software is pretty sweet. Especially the dark theme is very enjoyable in my opinion :peek:

1 Like

Hi All ,

I have just started trying LD since 20 days still No Luck…
Anyone on the same page ??

1 Like

Hi All,

My name is CurlyShinobi but you can call my Curly for short. I am a new Lucid dreamer with only 1 lucid dream under my belt so far and a recent false lucid dream as well (so maybe 1.5?).

I’ve always been interested in LD but my journey really began when I started reading A Field Guide to Lucid Dreaming: Mastering the Art of Oneironautics by Dylan Tuccillo, Jared Zeizel, and Thomas Peisel.

Looking forward to connecting with new and veteran LDers alike in this forum!

4 Likes

Welcome to LD4all, Curly :wink:

Good luck with your lucid journey. Feel free to open discussions about topics you find interesting. We also have a dream journal section where some members post dreams they had, so if you feel like sharing your nightly adventures, that’s also a good place :slight_smile:

1 Like

Thanks for the warm welcome!