The Big "Hi, I'm New Here!" Topic - Part XXXII

'evening, everyone.

Not quite sure what to say here, so I’ll list a bit of info about myself.

1.) My name’s Dave.

2.) I’m a sophomore in college - Double Major in Computer Science and Music(Voice) with a Math Minor.

3.) I’ve been practicing achieving lucidity since December using meditation, sound induction, etc. - I’ve had 4 near-successes(Achieved lucidity but got too excited and lost it) and 2 solid successes(Which were incredible)

Naturally, there’s a lot more, but for now, that covers a few basics. I’m totally into meeting other people here and talking about lucid dreaming, techniques, anything. If you want to talk about anything, get to know me, or would be kind enough to let me get to know you, IM me on AIM at Degrees of Grey.

Again, nice meeting you all. The pleasure is most certainly mine.

It’s great to hear that you’ve had two solid successes, at least. :good: And yes, I know from my one solid success just how incredible they are.

That’s also great, because this place is the perfect place to do that! That even applies to any time in which you don’t want to talk about lucid dreaming, because there are so many sub forums and topics that discuss - basically anything. :content:

Ah, yes. The pleasure is also ours. :colgate:

:wave: Welcome, Dave! :colgate:

I think you’ll like this forum. :yes:

Heya, Dave! :wave:

You seem nice and polite, that’s nice to know. ^^ We’ll help you with any questions you may have. Even if you want to discuss stuff other than lucidity, we’re here for you too.

Pleasure to meet you! :grin:

:wolb:

I’m new here. I am a senior in high school. I had my first LD several years before even knowing what it was (evaporated pretty quickly). I learned about LDs from wikibooks and decided to do my speech topic on them and shortly after have a short lucid dream (3/14/06). Now I’m hooked! I’ve had 3 clear lucid dreams since then using the WBTB method (although not as involved as others have explained it).

I’m a very left-brained thinker and I don’t tend to remember so much of my dream visuals. I have found that keeping a DJ really helps me with this.

Oh, I got an “A” on that speech btw, and a few people told me they got lucid dreams after I told them about it.

I’ve browsed the forum and really like the atmosphere here. Registration was inevitable :slight_smile:

:wave: hello Jenacis and fallguy
Jenacis … I merged your WILDing question (from first steps forum) into the sticky WILD topic ld4all.com/forum/viewtopic.p … 101#268101

:thumbs: fallguy :yay: a belated congrats for getting an A for your speech :smile:

:grouphug: I agree, it’s amazing how strong the friendships get on this forum :smile:

You should both consider creating a dream journal in our dream diary forum … we even have a sticky topic there to post your first LD :content:

:wave: Hi new people! :happy:

UAU! Meu primeiro dia aqui já encontro um brasileiro!
(WOW! My first day here and already find a brazilian!)
Friday was a sunny and clear day, yesterday there was some clouds in the sky, today raining a lot. Tomorrow, who knows :content:
The weather around here is very similar to São Paulo, I think.

Santos is a coastal city, 70 kilometers south of São Paulo. It’s known by it’s port, it’s beaches and also by Santos Futebol Clube (this year Paulista champion), where Pelé played most of his football/soccer player career.

Ah, and welcome Jenacis and Fallguy!

Hi. I’m a high school senior in Houston. I first learned about LD from that episode of Ed, but until recently I didn’t look further into it. For the past few days, I’ve been trying to have an LD, and had a brief one today during a nap.

In the short term, I want to master one of the induction techniques, and have a better time dreaming. I’d also like to get practical benefits from lucidity, like practicing a foreign language while asleep (if that’s possible).

I’m looking forward to learning from you guys. I already owe a debt to the forum for my first LD, because I used two reality checks I learned from lurking here.

Welcome, Omelet! :gni:

This is a great place to learn more about LDing, but you learned about it from and episode of Ed, you say? :notify:

Who knew!

/me waves to Omelet again. :wave:

:handshake: :welcome:

:wave: Omelet

So! Say, any chances we’re going to learn why you picked that nickname?

I’m also wondering who Omelet1st 2nd and 3rd were :eh:

:welcome: hello Omelet4th :hugs:

:yay: congrats. You should post your experience in our My First LD Collection in the dream diary forum if you haven’t done so already :smile:

:yes: yes, that’s possible, as long as you have the basic knowledge already :boogie:

:cheer: I love it when lurkers finally decide to register and also more forums become accessable to you now :grin:

Hi, I just signed up a coule of days ago. This forum looks very interesting. I am trying to find out more information about lucid dreams, This looks like a great place for me.

:wave: hello minxx, welcome to LD4all
The basic LD information is on the LD4all site but there is much more detailed information in the first steps, quest for lucidity and lucid library forums. If you haven’t experienced a LD yet, I recommend the choosing your technique topic in the library :content:

Welcome, minxx! :wave:

Well this is my, wait a second I have to think about this for a second, sixth stab at lucid dreaming. While that may sound sad and terrible, that fact of the matter is I simply get too caught up in life to keep on working at it. So I think its time to take another stab at it. :happy: So I will take out my DJ, get some MILD and WILD in and see how it goes. :grin:

If it sticks this time, sixths time the charm… or is that third, I hope to share some wonderful and exciting dreams with you, lucid or not. Anyway, enough rambling, hello everyone its good to be here!

Slow Rolling Dawn!

It’s great to have you here! :grin: Don’t worry about having to take a lot of tries, it happens to the best of us. ^^ We’ll help you out a lot, don’t be afraid to stop and ask questions. :smile:

Don’t be a stranger, now! :wave:

:wolb:

:wave: hello Slow Rolling Dawn
/me wishes you good luck this time :thumbs:

how long did you try for during your previous attempts?

/me waves to Slow Rolling Dawn. :wave:

I love that name, and i love your avatar, too. The two seem to go together. :hmmm:

Oh, by the way, in your sig, you forgot to close the size with [/size] :content: