The Big "Hi, I'm New Here!" Topic - Part XXXIII

Hi everyone, I have been l’dreaming for two years now but I still cant get beyond about one lucid dream per month. I have been reading a lot of ld4all forums lately and I am now trying to WILD…no luck so far but still motivated…cheers to everyone from charly!

/me waves to charly. :wave:

It’s good to hear that you’re still motivated. Some people lose interest too quickly, but WILD takes a long time to master. Some of the people I’ve talked to have said that it took them months to get it to work. Hmm, even I haven’t succeeded so far. I’ll get it soon, though. :content:

:welcome: hello charly :grin:
one LD a month is still a good average, it depends on if you make the most out of the LDs you actually do have :smile:
One advantage of having them less often is that they are always appreciated and you won’t forget any LDs on waking because you value each one :thumbs:
I hope you consider starting a dream journal in our dream diary forum, there is also a sticky topic in there to post the first LD experience (sticky My First LD Collection part II) :yay:

HI TONY HERE ANY 1 LIKE RPG’S?

HI WANTOBY! hehe… well, AtomicTony, hello and welcome to LD4all!

:wave: atomictony :grin:
There is a final fantasy topic in the lounge forum, there is also a topic about online games in gathering. mm also a favourite game topic in gathering.
I hope you enjoy your time at LD4all :boogie:

links final fantasy - Favourite Game - What Online Games Do You Play? :yay:

Anthony, you may also find yourself interested in the Fantasy RPG in the playground…

:welcome: Tonyu and Charly! :boogie:

Howdy Y’all. I’m new to this forum as well to the lucid dreaming world. I have a question for who ever cares to answer. Is the tingling sensation normal? Does that mean I’m almost lucid? Is it almost an OBE? Sorry for all of the questions. Please answer if you can.

Welcome, Lucid Dreamer. Im supprised no one has taken that username before…

That’s funny, I’ve been using the name/handle Lucid for years, but I didn’t use it here, I figured it would be hard too tell me apart from everyone else. :smile:

Not everyone has that, no. Do you get that in the dream? It could make a great RC, if you do.

:wave: hello Lucid Dreamer

tingling / HI /sounds are all common when performing WILD, I notice you have the same question in a topic in first steps, so you should get some good answers there :yay:

Hi all. I’ve been trying to lucid dream for a few years now, on and off, and never got all that far because I rarely persevere at anything. Hopefully, being a member of a community of lucid dreamers will help inspire me to patience and better dreaming! :content:

:welcome: hello Ninquelosse :grin: welcome to LD4all
It helps to be a member of LD4all - in my early days here, I was slightly despairing of getting another lucid dream. But when I mentioned this in my LD4all dj, I got some inspiring replies that kept me going :happy:
So I advise you to think about starting a dj here too, it can help to motivate to keep persevering :thumbs:

post for a friend of mine(lightningqueen, devil woman’s been deleted right? but it’s the same person), she just registered but she doesn’t know what to post here so i’ll introduce her:P

so, she’s been busy with dreams/LS’s/precog dreams for a few months now since i started talking to her about it and i finally persuaded her to join LD4all:P

i don’t think she’s going to post a lot but, well, she’s here:P
/me slaps self with a truit hard :truit: :thud:

Hi, i’m new, lol obviously. My boyfriend, Ysim, has been trying to get me to join this forum for a while lol. i always thought lucid dreaming was cool, but it’s alot harder than i thought lol. still fun to try, and i’m working on it alot. lol ne good hints for a newbie like me?

Welcome to a great new hobby!

First of all, start a Dream Diary to improve your dream recall. So much is intent, wanting to lucid dream. This forum is REALLY good, go to the home page of it and read all those topics across the top. It really does have all the information there, then use the forums to fine-tune it for yourself.

Good luck!
Mike

Hi guys,
I’ve been able to LD since 6 or 7 years old w/o knowing what i was doing. I’ve been researching LDing and applying the various techniques for 3 weeks now with great success. Now i can become lucid nearly every night. (The one where you wake up after 5-6 hours sleep then try has helped tremendously) :grin: I’ve started a DJ and dream recall has improved.
My main thing i want to improve is the length and vividness of my LDs. They typically only last a few minutes. :sad: I’m eager to hear you guys’ advice and offer any of my own insight whenever possible.

Hello and welcome! The home page has a few suggestions for mainting lucidity.

The most common method is spinning. Literally twirling around in your dream body. The next most popular is looking at your hands and/or rubbing them together.

There are lots of other neat techniques out there and several good conversations in various forums about this.

Good luck!
Mike

:wave: hello roxi and Toxikfox :grin: welcome to LD4all :grouphug:

I remember reading a post by Ysim about getting you to join LD4all roxi :boogie: (I think it may have been his DJ)

:yes: Toxikfox WBTB really improves your chances of having a LD :thumbs:

/me runs off to read more djs :cheer: