The Big "Hi, I'm New Here!" Topic - Part XXXIII

Hello and welcome! The home page has a few suggestions for mainting lucidity.

The most common method is spinning. Literally twirling around in your dream body. The next most popular is looking at your hands and/or rubbing them together.

There are lots of other neat techniques out there and several good conversations in various forums about this.

Good luck!
Mike

:wave: hello roxi and Toxikfox :grin: welcome to LD4all :grouphug:

I remember reading a post by Ysim about getting you to join LD4all roxi :boogie: (I think it may have been his DJ)

:yes: Toxikfox WBTB really improves your chances of having a LD :thumbs:

/me runs off to read more djs :cheer:

hrm, ysim has a girlfriend on the site now, :uptosomething: jk. Hopefully she is as interesting as ysim :yay:

Hello, I’ve been trying to LD for a couple months now and I’ve been reading EWLD. I recently found out that there is a Lucid Dreaming group that meets in my area.

Wow, you really laugh a lot. I guess that means that you’re going to be a fun member of the forum. By the way, there are lots of different boards here for tips on specific ways to improve your lucid dreams.

And everyone else who posted after roxi, welcome and have fun here, everyone is happy to help you.

:welcome: NecroGS
ooo are you thinking of meeting up with them :eh:
I don’t think i could share dreams with relative strangers face to face. :shy:

/me agrees with moogle and welcomes any members that she forgot about. :wave:

Yeah I’m going to meet up with them, probably in the summer because they meet on mondays. The guy that emailed me said that “We talk about our dreams, how our lucid dreaming efforts are going, and various techniques.” Still I doubt it may be much different from this forum…iono.

This forum is thousands of times better since we can ‘meet up’ 24 hours a day :yay: and get to know each other better than just seeing a small group once a week :yes:

Yeah, but being in a small group, you can firstly talk amongst yourselves easier, and not have to separate each individual subject of LDing. Its easier to focus on all the problems that each group member might have with it, rather than getting them to think of specifics to ask about. Each group member is focused on by the whole rest of the group.

I have to say I am little daunted by the loads of info on these forums, I’m a little unsure what I might post, because most of my questions and their answers have probably been brought up already.

edit/

Of course you can meet on this forum 24 hrs, but I don’t think everyone is able to get to know everyone else better.

:wave: to all the new :users: I didn’t already :wave: to :grin:

My boyfriend woke up a couple of weeks ago and said he was in a dream he could control. He started reading up on it furiously, and I got curious. After finding this site, I started a dream journal. I was amazed. I rarely remember more than one dream a week, but after just telling myself to remember, I have remembered something from every night. It’s been about a week, and I had a dream in which I knew I was dreaming. I couldn’t control it, it was like watching a movie of myself trying to become lucid. It was strange, but I never would have thought it could happen that fast, with only a week’s worth of effort. I think I am on the verge of something wonderful, and I owe it to this site. So I finally decided to come and ‘join the party!’ I just wanted to tell everyone here hi, and I am glad to be joining this community.

:welcome: welcome to LD4all darktransit :grin:
Is your boyfriend visiting the LD4all forum too? :eh:

it was a lucid dream :content: since you knew it was a dream, more control comes with practice and experimenting :smile:

Hi all! :wave: I’ve always been very interested in lucid dreaming and just happened to find this site today. I’ve never actually tried to learn LD but I have few experiences and questions on which I would love to hear your opinions. I’ll post them on another topic later… :smile:

:welcome: Mikk
/me will look out for your questions since you have made me curious now

/me waves to darktransit and mikk. :wave:

@ Darktransit: A week? Incredible, great job! It took me three, but I’m still having a good time now that I’m more into lucid dreaming. At the moment, I’m too busy to try now, though. :bored: Then again, sometimes they just occur spontaneously. :good:

Yo I’m KFC :cool:
I have not had a LD but when I do I want it to be about chicken.

Peace and Chicken to all,

Hi, you’re new here! And you really like chicken. That’s…that’s cool.

:welcome: hello KFC
/me wonders if KFC is on commission from KFC :tongue:

I hope you have your first lucid dream soon :thumbs:

lmao!!!

:partying_face: welcome KFC! :partying_face:

runs away to eat Popeye’s Chicken and Biscuits