The Big "Hi, I'm New Here!" Topic - Part XXXIX

Hi i’m new here, i just stumbled across the lucid dreaming subject on wikipedia one day and found this site and got really interested at it so decided to give it a shot, so here i am :content:hope i can get the hang of this.
thanks and good luck to everybody

P.S: sorry for any grammar mistakes not a native speaker
:tongue:

:wave: hello MaximusDM, welcome to the forum :grouphug:

:eek: I wouldn’t have known :smile:

Hallo all. I’m not TOTALLY new to LDing; I’ve known about it for a year, but haven’t successfully gained a consistent method for inducing them. I also have pitful recall, but hey, I’m always practicing!

I’d describe myself as highly dedicated. I take a long time to fall asleep, but once asleep I STAY asleep.

Very nice place you’ve got here; very friendly people! If anybody knows how to cure insomnia (specifically, FALLING asleep) or how to improve recall for said insomniac, please lemme know. I’d be happy to help anybody else out with actual LDing or other things!

Happy LDing!

Welcome Richter! Nice to have you with us. :smile:

I can’t really give any original advice on how to fall asleep (I’m pretty sure “close your eyes and don’t move” doesn’t count as good advice :razz:) but I can wish lots of LDs on you!

/me wishes LDs on Richter

Once again, welcome. :smile:

“Just close your eyes and don’t move”…

THAT’S JUST CRAZY ENOUGH TO WORK!!!

Seriously, lol. Mabye just laughing about it will help. Thanks for the LD-ification!

:wave: hello Richter
there is a Sticky: Insomnia - Can’t sleep! topic in stuff dreams are made of forum … here’s the link https://community.ld4all.com/t/insomnia-cant-sleep/8727
:tongue: just reading through the whole topic may make you fall asleep :yawn:
joking aside, you may find something that works for you in there :smile:

I hope you enjoy your time at LD4all :yay: and have lots of LDs and make lots of friends too :grouphug:

Hey everyone!

Name’s Mickis. 21 year old gal tuning in from Sweden. I’m not really sure what to say here. I’ve had a few random lucid dreams in my life, and I’ve always been interested in it, but it wasn’t until a few days ago that I decided to give it a real try.

It’s been two days since I started keeping a dream journal. The first night I remembered 3 dreams, and this morning I counted as much as 7 dreams. I was like “Holy shit!” :wam: I had no idea I could force that much crap out of my brain by just deciding to.

Anyway… I’m kinda hoping I’m on my way to be having lucid dreams on a regular basis… and not “accidentally” like I’ve been so far. But I’m not so good at remembered to do these reality checks… so we’ll see.

Anyway, while reading about LD I found this place, and I was actually in the chatroom thingie a few days ago. I thought I’d make myself a member, and hopefully I’ll remember to log on here every once in a while. :tongue:

:welcome: Welcome Mickis! Nice to have you here. :content:

It seems that the number of members has been increasing alot lately. That’s a good thing though, the more the merrier. So a big welcome to any of the new members. :welcome:

I like the avatar, Mickis. :wink:

:wave: hello Mickis

:yes: it’s amazing how much dream recall can improve just by placing a little more importance on your dreams and keeping a dream journal :smile:
If you remember any of your past unintentional LDs you could post them in our dream diary forum to start a dj if you wish to share them :content:

Hello Mickis, it’s nice to have another Swede at this forum… I am one myself :grin:

Hey, and thanks for the warm welcome guys.

rad: Thanks for the compliment. Closet Monkey rules! Too bad I couldn’t find the one where he’s dressed in a suit.

And Python Angel: You’re Swedish, too? It’s always fun to come across Swedes on the Internet. It’s like being at a HUGE happening and run into someone you went to school with.

As for the dream diary thing. I dunno. Mine tend to be very detailed (I write lots in my spare time, so my dream journal is pretty thorough). It would take me lots of time to transfer all those dreams from my pad to this place. I promise to post if I dream something that’s unusally weird, though.

Again, thanks for the welcome guys!

Hello everybody !
I write from Hungary, and I hope you understand me, because I’m not too good for Englsih.
So hello everybody and thanks a lot of text wherbye I can learn lucid dreaming.

Hi guys, I’m a 28 year old guy from Stockholm, Sweden :tongue: . At work, lets say I’m the guy who takes all the crap when your computer won’t boot up in the morning. Socially, I like playing RPG:s (yes, the old pen-and-paper type) and all kinds of boardgames that has more than 500 pieces in them. I listen to industrial music, mostly early 90’s stuff like Frontline Assembly and Skinny puppy… did a lot of rockcliming up to recently when I totally f*cked up my fingers because I refused to listen to what my own body was telling me… so that’s kind of blows, otherwise, I’ll basically do anything that’s nerdy enough.

I stumbled upon this site by mistake at 3 in the morning after a night out and started reading the main ld4all guide. Let’s say I’m a sceptic by nature and get hives when people start talking about healing, past lives, or channeling energy from crystals. However, since at least three or four of my (otherwise partially sane) friends claim they have once or twice in their lives become aware in a dream that they’re dreaming I figured I’d give this a shot and see what it’s about. My view so far is that unlike a lot of other borderline new age stuff LD actually stands on a base that you can accept even if you are a hard core materialist like me. I can see no reason why you couldn’t get lucid in a dream, find out stuff about yourself that wouldn’t be possible when your normal psychological barriers were raised, make up and travel to fantastic locations etc. However, I draw the line at what is in your brain from beginning… your brain can do a lot of funky sh*t, but meeting other people LD:ing while in a dream, having out-of-body experiences and seeing what is happening at another location in real time etc. is to me total bogus. People who belive this falls into the same cathegory for me as people who believe in flying saucers or talking to dolphins. OK, i probably stepped on someone toes but, my meaning is just that I have precious little time online and I’d rather spend it discussing LD:ing with people who have the overall view that “the brain can do a lot of funky stuff” rather than “the world is full of magic”.

So far I’ve started a dream journal on paper. Even if I fail with this whole LD thing I’ll at least have gotten a LOT better at remembering dreams. I used to be able to remember one or two dreams a week, now on some night when I really focus before going to bed I will wake up briefly 2-3 times between sleep cycles and jot down some really surreal sh*t :smile: Step one completed. My approach towards LD… I’ve ordered a wristwatch for like 50$ that was made for people who take medicine in regular intervals. It has a vibrating count-down alert that i can set to vibrate every 90min or so. I will start using it during the days and do a reality check every time it goes off… then I will start using it during the night and pad it just so much that it doesn’t wake me. I thought I’d try MILD and if that doesn’t work WBTB.

Was that the longest post here ever? Cheers!

:welcome: hello shaq and Silverkey :grin: welcome to LD4all

LD4all is a global community and for a lot of our members english isn’t their first language. Many members have said that reading and posting here has improved their english :content:

Silverkey … lucid dreaming shouldn’t be put into the “new age” box. The only place you are likely to encounter anything New Age here, is in the beyond dreaming, dreamspell and occasionally the lucid adventure forums.
LD4all is for all … so we have a wide range of members and we all get along well. I like the fact that people who LD do not just come from one niche and that lucid dreaming is accessable to all. It is a tool and what we use it for is always up to the individual dreamer :content:

I hope you both enjoy being members of LD4all :happy:

Hi Shaq and Silverkey :wave: and welcome!

I’m also from Stockholm :razz: but then again, there are lots of people from Sweden (as well as from the rest of the world) here. :smile:

Anyway, I think you’ll both like the forum :content: It has a great atmosphere and lots of useful information.

Again, welcome. :welcome:

Interesting… I wonder how so come? I didn’t find this site through a Swedish one… do you think Swedes are more interested or is it just a coinscidence? I recall an article a few years ago in a Swedish magazine talking about “Controllable dreams”…

Hy, im coming from Ljubljana, and I wish to conect with people who have interest in ld like me, and ld4all was sounded like a best place for that. In past I have had a few ld, and I might say that lding is very intresting, funy and magical, and has a big pontencial for us. But you all probably know that, I want to learn how to lding more frekvently, because I bealive that this will help me to know my self, and the world whic I apart. Sorry on my gramy mistakes, I want to hello evrebody who enyoy in lucid dreams, with a hope that we will be seeing in a dream.

Welcome to LD4all Eloi :wave:

There are several techniques you can use to get (more) Lucid Dreams. You could read this topic to choose your techniques. There are several sticky topics in the Quest for Lucidity that contain the mayor techniques. You can read them if you have questions or if you just want to know more about the techniques.

I hope you like it here ^^

Edit:
Python Angel; I thought Olesia didn’t say there were more Swedish people if you compare it to other places in the world.

Oh, did I accidentally cause a misunderstanding? :confused: I meant that there are a lot of swedish people here, but there are also a lot of people from other places here too. Because I said I’m also from Stockholm, but I was trying to point out that I’m not the only other member from Stockholm.

I hope that makes sense… :smile:

And welcome Eloi! :welcome: