The Big "Hi, I'm New Here!" Topic - Part XXXVII

:welcome: hello Ferlictus, alkohaulec and octavarium :grin:

I hope you all enjoy your time at LD4all.
The forum will be unavailable for a day or two when we move server (around 15 August) - but you will still be able to use our chatroom by

1. using an irc client and joining the chat4all server
    or
  2. going to chat4all.net/ and after joining #lounge type /join #ld4all or /join #dreamtime
    you will find all the LD4all addicts in the chatrooms :happy:

Hi, i would like to introduce myself and say hi to everyone on this forum. I’m 15 years old (a young dreamer) and one day my teacher gave me this dvd called “waking life” (i don’t know if any of you have seen it but it has some stuff about lucid dreaming and stuff like that) and i really enjoyed it. I started looking up lucid dreaming on the internet, and found a couple sites about it and read somethings, and im proud to announce i just had my first 2 lucid dreams in the past 2 weeks. Both were not very long or intense and were not high lucidity. but im going to work on that and start a Dream Journal on this site and start to practice lucid dreaming regularly.

Peace, DF :smile:

:welcome:
It seems like you are good at LDing, one LD every weeks is a good average, especially for someone who is new at it. Keep up the good work. :smile:

Hi DreamingFloyd and welcome to the forums! I look forward to seeing you around. Sounds like you’re off to a great start. Good luck on your many lucid adventures!

:wave: hello DreamingFloyd
we have a topic discussing the Waking Life movie here [community.ld4all.com/t/waking-life-the-movie/6714/1) (though I must admit I haven’t seen it yet :peek:
I hope you post your first lucid dream in our Big First LD Collection which is a sticky topic in the dream diary forum :boogie:
I hope you enjoy your time spent at LD4all :smile:

Hi all. I’ve mainly started LD as an alternative way of entertainment. I’m not seeking deeper knowledge of myself and I’m just as spiritual as a piece of wood, and I consider myself rational and scientific- :look:

Anyway, I’ve already started a topic, check it out! :smile:

[A diary to be used by all... The Nightmare Diary)

:welcome: Huggkruka.

LDing are for sure entertaining !

Thank you for the replys!, moogle you should check it out its a really amazing movie, i picked up the dvd at a book store for $8!

Peace, DF

Hello, I’m new here…

:3

Lately I’ve been extremely fascinated by the concept of LDing, starting at around the end of April.

Just a week or so after reading about it, I started thinking alot about it, and after waking up in the morning and falling asleep without using any of the techniques I had a short and sweet LD.

I knew about reality checks, but this one was rather obvious. I was sitting at my computer, and I said to myself, “Why is my computer off when I am sitting at it typing?” So then I get up, look around, everything is all wavy and stuff, and then I giddily run out of the house - I still remember seeing everything pass by, and then I jump into the air and try to fly. At first it’s a bit tricky, I do fall down but not quickly to induce a falling sensation. The trees are all Tim Burtony and really wierd and twisted and stuff, but I still could make out the park, the road, and the farmer who lives down the road whose field I just flew over. It’s about there that I lost lucidity and had a dream that I fell into a rocky pit and then I had the falling sensation and woke up. o.o;

I’ve had LDs before, a notable example being one quite a few years ago. I was on a spacestation and the window broke and I was sucked into space but I could breathe. Being the know-it-all child at the time I knew that space was a vacuum and suddenly was aware that I was in a dream. I don’t remember much, I just remember doing lotsa crazy stuff such as drawing in mid air.

Last night I attempted a WBTB and WILD, but it didn’t work out that well despite actually getting out of bed. Perhaps I’ll shorten the time period from nearly 7 hours to 4 or 5 hours, and try some MILDs before a WILD after the WBTB. Wow, so many acronyms :3

Anywho, I’m a fuzzy dragon in persona, alot like my snuggly avatar only green and more kitty like. :3

Hello Floyd, Huggkruka and Joe! :wave:

Welcome to the forum! :yay:

hi i’m new
i don’t even remember if i have ever had one ld but hopefully soon

Hi Cluster! I suppose I’m new here since I’ve been away for so long but WELCOME!!! :smile:

And I bet you did have a LD sometime in your childhood, I believe everyone has had them and just never remembered.

So ive been told bout lucid dreaming by a member here called wissam. Im on my journey to become lucid somehow. I guess ill be needing help. U can call me will.

:welcome: hello huggkruka, JoeCapricorn, Cluster and me inside :grin:
huggkruka … I did move that new topic into an existing topic about nightmares but the link still works :boogie:

JoeCapricorn, I hope you start a dream journal in our dream diary forum :content:

/me wishes Cluster good luck with his lucid quest :thumbs:

:wave: hello me inside :grin: I know Wissam :yay:

I hope you all enjoy your time spent at LD4all :smile:

I know that I never had one until I was in my twenties and that was before i had heard about lucid dreaming

:welcome: Will ! :content: I know you will enjoy this forum, and if you need any help, everyone will help, don’t worry. I recommend that the first thing you do is to start a Dream Diary to increase your Dream Recall, and so that you can notice Dreamsigns and other common dreamthemes.

Once you do that, then you can daily right down your dreams. you can also look around and learn about lucid dreams and stuff. If you have a problem or a question, use the search button at the top to see if it’s already been asked. If not, then go ahead and post and some members will help you. above all, enjoy yourself, and don’t worry, this forum is much friendlier than the other forum you go to, and NO ONE is treated like a “noob” :tongue: . Well good luck on your lucid journey and if you need any thing, just PM me , or tell me while chatting. See you around :wave: :smile:

Hi, I’m 16 years old and had no LD yet.

Welcome Sharpmind! It took me a long time to get my first deliberate LD but it eventually came! Just take everyone’s advice and I’m sure you’ll succeed! Enjoy your stay!

Sarah

Im registered here now and dreamviews forum… :happy:

:lol: I JUST watched the Godfather yesterday night! :shock:

/me does an RC

:wave: Welcome, Godfather! :woot:

so… i am new, and i like to say hello

unfortunately my english isnt very well, but perhaps i can learn a bit here.
i am german, and there is also a german lucid dreams forum, but that one isnt very big at all. in english there seems to be a little bit more information and people interested in this stuff.

i myself have got a bit experience in lucid dreaming, but i have still much to learn. my present main intention in lucid dreaming is learning lucid self-determination not only inside my dreams, but in any possible situation.
because i dont see the very difference between “waking” and “dreaming” anymore… and also i dont want to see it anymore. i want to connect dreaming and waking and in the end “the will” should be fulfilled anytime and anywhere. its a bit philosophic here, but i dont want to dogmatize. i dont only think about “life is a dream”, but i feel it more and more. lately i have made a few experiences in meditation that showed me going this direction…
and often meditation while dreaming is a bit easier, or more intensive than in waking life…

so far,
hope i can find anything interesting here and perhaps i could also help someone in any way.
and i hope you understand my wish-wash :wink:

greetings