The Big "Hi, I'm New Here!" Topic - Part XXXVII

Hello,

I stumbled across this board while reading about lucid dreaming in a wikipedia-article. While reading I also realised that had actually done that a couple of times, as a kid. I had really bad dreams and wanted to make them go away, so I once “woke up” in a dream and started firing lazer beams at monsters and later on flying (classic stuff). I did that for a while and the nightmares went away. Im now 30 and not lucid dreaming anymore accept on rare occasions. I do dream A LOT tho, really extensive film like dreams that blow me away each night! I live in Sweden and work with grafic design + make music occasionally, and write a little. Since I have these funky dreams I thought I was gonna start using them for artistic material. And imagine going inside this realm and interacting, I dont know if Im actually ready for it!

Ive started doing a little watch-the-hands meditation this week but it hasnt worked yet. I think I already have some unconsious controll of my dreams because altho I dont know that Im dreaming, I do lots of stuff within them and never fall victim of the things dreamt up. Who knows maybe thats an effect of early lucid dreaming? “Crayon” dont know why I chose that tag, and I dont know why Im a blue electric monkey either. It said it was like an alternative astrology - interesting. I’ve done lots of astrological thinking. Symbolism is my thing, it helps me a lot. Looking forward to sharing my dreams, reading yours and talking to you!

GOOD SITE!

:partying_face:

Hello everyone! All this lucid dream stuff is very interesting, especially when you talking about it with other people, not just reading an article about it. Like egobrain said, the people here are really friendly :smile:. Like Crayon, I also found out about lucid dreams by reading the wikipedia article. I have gained lucidity in my dreams my whole life, but never got any further than the realization. Knowing it was a dream during nightmares did help, though, because I would just let the monster (or whatever) destroy me and I would wake up. Now, after reading so much about them, I have had two “real” lucid dreams where I had alot of control.

Welcome Mac, Roya, maestrix, MissEvil, egobrain, i_had_a_wild_mild, B2ismygirl, Crayon and Infinite Awsome Factory… phew that was quite a mouthful lol, it’s so difficult to keep up with all the new arrivals ^^
I hope you all enjoy your time on Ld4all :happy:
Like a few of you have pointed out I’ve found it to be one of, if not the friendliest forum I’ve ever been a member of and to boot you cant find anywhere more informative on the subject of lucid dreaming :grin:

:wave: Crayon and Infinite Awsome Factory
:eh: /me spots the 30 in the age field under Crayon’s name :yay: you are able to post in our 30 years or older topic :cheer: link
:content: blue electric monkey [color=blue]
3 - Electric | Activate, Bond, Service – You see connections and possibility where many don’t, and then act on them. You are the current that electrifies situations. People who are electrics are often in careers of service to others, for you know the value of contribution to others and the long-term impact.
11 - Blue Monkey => Plays, Magic, Illusion
[/color]
from galactichardware.com

a lot of monkeys seem to be artistic :happy:

:yay: that’s great news :happy:

I hope you both decide to start dream journals here :smile:

Hi My name is Richard.

I first posted on this site a year ago, but now i’m back!

I have had a lot of experiences, and have studied lucid dreaming since 1998.

I do independent filmmaking, and web site design.

spam removed

I just wanted to ask if you’re Richard. Welcome again! I’d love to see your DVD some time, when I have more money. :tongue:

:happy: I’ve been lucid dreaming for two years now since 2004 thanks to a sparked intrest by a random conversation by some friends and a discard book I found at the library. I haven’t really had much luck, but I guess I’m getting there. :shy:

:wave: One1ronaut

:welcome: hello Genkai welcome to LD4all
have you just found LD4all or just decided to register after lurking here for some time? Which book did you get from the library?

Greetings… I’m new, obviously; I stumbled across this website through a link on some other link of a website (or something). I’m 17, have always been interested in dreams and my first lucid dream was maybe 10 years ago, I’m not sure. I’ve only had a handful, either that or I’ve forgotten.
I realize I’m dreaming somewhat often, although it rarely becomes a full-blown lucid dreaming experience… I sometimes only half-realize it, then proceed to jump off a very high cliff or building (knowing I will not die), or just forget. I’ve flown once maybe but actually most of my flying/floating/zero-gravity leaping occurs in non-lucid dreams, so.
I’m trying to begin a dream journal… My memory is fairly good, but I usually only remember certain dreams in full detail–mainly the ones I actually got around to writing.

Anyway, it seems interesting here…

Well I picked up a little paperback called Mind Games by Michael Powell and after reading the Wikibook and the website I found in the book, www.lucidity.com, I did a quick Google search and got here. I lurked for a while but now I finally joined.

Aloha, Esoterica! :cool_laugh:

Sounds like you’re off to a grand start. ^^ You should start a Dream Journal here as well. :yes:

Enjoy your stay… You shant be leaving! :ebil:

cough “Dude! You weren’t supposed to tell her that!” “Sorry! Maybe she thought it was a joke…” :bored:

:grin:

:wave:

:wolb:

Welcome all! Yes, i’m relatively new myself… and i realise it only seems to be the vets that reply by saying welcome… but, i’d like to say welcome to the ld4all journey. I wish the best of luck on your path!

And it’s true, these guys are the best. I had my first LD the day i joined! Now THAT is good help.

Hope to hear of your experiences soon!

I think I had LD once.I was just laying in my bad and trying to fall asleep.I felt that I was awake but I was dreaming and then I awoke and fell on my bed and my bed was shaking it was like I was hovering over my bed.

ooo part of it sounds like SP

Anyway. Posted in the new list? I suppose so…Have fun here~

Oh I have a question since Im going to go to sleep right now will I get SP when doing MILD?

Hello everyone, i’m new in here.Just joined the forum a couple of days ago.I haven’t had any LD’s at all I think, just started a dream journal jesterday.It’s always better to try things in groups right? That’s why i joined this forum because from other posts i’ve seen here the people are very kind.I hope everyone gets alot of LD-s in here:)

:welcome: hello Esoterica, Andrey16 and Taavi117 :grin:

Will you be starting a dream journal in our dream diary forum? Knowing some members are following your dj helps to keep you motivated :content:
If you remember your first LD, we have a sticky topic in the dream diary forum just for first LD posts :wiske:

Everytime you sleep, your body experiences SP but you aren’t aware of it. MILD would produce the same results as falling asleep normally. It is only when you use the WILD method where you make the effort to keep your mind more awake that you are likely to become aware of it.

:yes: LD4all is a very supportive community with a wealth of information and personal experiences about lucid dreaming :smile:

I hope you all enjoy your LD4all membership :yay:

oh I haven’t heard of that one before … I’ll look it up on google :content:

[size=59]maestrix … it says in the first post that everyone is invited to welcome new people :boogie: [/size]

Hi i am new here :grin: ,
I am 17 soon 18!;p i live in Norway. I have manage to get a alot of lucid dreams thanks to many of the great guids here :smile:
i find it quite easy sometimes to get a ld only problem that this is in the mornings when i have to go to school! when i am so tierd and dazed that i can just drift back in to dreams and get ld… just that i have to wake up and go to school :cry:

I think this is a great place for lucid dreamers to gather :smile:

Hi Ferl.

I am also new here, I’ve had lucid dreams before, but I was very young back then, and recently I’ve been remembering very few dreams. I’ve read a lot on lucid dreams over the past couple of days and plan on trying to recall dreams, and then work on having lucid dreams.

I really look forward to becoming a part of this community (especially a part of the wolf game).

Hei Ferlictus! :smile: Welcome to the forum! :woot:

:wave: Alkohaulec. Welcome to LD4all! :yay: I believe people are about to start a new wolfgame, see if it’s still possible to apply for it in the Playground! :content: