The Big "Hi, I'm New Here!" Topic - Part XXXVIII

:welcome: hello Dracorey and Mysticaloctopus :smile:

/me wishes you both lots of lucid luck in your quest for LDs :thumbs:

I’m sure you will both enjoy being members of our LD4all community :boogie:

I attempted to MILD (I’m fairly certain that’s the one with counting and breathing and so on) during a nap just now. I never got to sleep though I could actually feel various parts of my body detach from my senses at random. Occasionally I would get distracted by images or mini-scenes but I’d always pick the counting back up close to where I left off. Perhaps it was the interruptions (i.e. harsh sudden ringing of the phone, mom’s hollered question I had to answer, my kitten walking on my stomach and trying to eat my watch.).

that is WILD (if you hover your mouse over the underlined letters a definition will pop up :smile:

btw it’s a good idea to keep the posts about your LD attempts in the first steps forum or your personal LD4all dj :wink:

Whoops! Sorry. sheepish smile

Hi@all. I’m from Germany. I’ve first heard about lucid dreaming 3 months ago and I’ve had maybe 10 lucid dreams since then. My favorite technique now is WILD but I’m far from getting regular results. That’s where U guys come in. I’d love to discuss about ld to boost my motivation and share experiences.
enjoy ur dreams :universe:

:welcome: everyone to the cookie addic… err… I mean, to the LD4all forum!! Good luck at LDing :content:

I was looking for some information about Don Juan ended up here . I will have a proper look around now. I just thought I’d say hello first.

Hello :peek:

:wave: hello WILDworld and tinker :grin:
I hope you both enjoy being members of the LD4all community :grouphug:

WILDworld, Will you be creating a LD4all DJ for your lucid dreams? :smile: I would love to read them :boogie:

:rofl: /me wonders what the link is between Don Juan and lucid dreaming :eh:

:welcome:

Anything is possible with lucid dreaming :grin: *python nudges moogle :yay:

I am a new member of this site. I live in Norfolk, England and am 41 years old. I got interested in lucidity about 10 years ago, I was into martial arts and would regularly do some meditation in the evenings. I can remember several occations when I would wake up during the night in a panic, as I felt I was paralysed. One night I went to bed and entered what I now know was a WILD, at that time it was a very scary experience, I thought I was dying as it felt like the life was draining out of my body. I did a little research into this strange occurance but at that time I didn’t find out much on this subject, only a few paragraphs on lucid dreaming in a book on meditation. I had a few very short but incredibly vivid lucids back then, all of which were WILD’s.
My interest in lucid dreaming was awoken again a few month’s ago, after a long bike ride left me exhausted and that night I had the onset of paralysis, common with a WILD. I purchased a copy of “Exploring the world of lucid dreaming” and after following some of the techniques I have had a number of DILD’s, which have been shallower than the WILD’s I had years ago, but i’m sure after time that they will get better.

:wave: hello BillyBush, welcome to LD4all :grin:

(it was no problem to move the post to the big topic :wink: )

/me spams the 30 years or over topic in her signature :smile:

I hope you enjoy being a member of this great forum :yay:

I can only recall having dealt with sleep paralysis twice in my life, with the most recent case only from a few weeks ago. It was just fortunate that already I knew about sleep paralysis by the time it happened to me, so I hope you have at least heard of it then. Otherwise, that would just be terrifiying!

The main reason why I wanted to welcome you was to comment on your username in realation to my own; it looks like we have another BB here. :wink:

Welcome everyone! Dracorey, Mysticaloctopus, WILDworld, tinker, BillyBush and everyone else I missed!

Wyvern runs :scared:

A bat addict? :tongue:

Introductions, where to begin. I am a Jeremy, I am approximately 6 feet in length… okay enough of my silliness.

I encountered lucid dreams a lot in my childhood years (if you care to know my link details that)… I stumbled upon this website at random looking for information on shared dream and came to the realization that I wasn’t crazy, that I was actually “awake” in my “dreams” when I was younger.

I have just started my exercises to remember my dreams, then I will see about getting back to lucidity.

P.S. Thanks to everyone for being a friendly forum to a lucidnewb! :content:

:welcome: and have a lot of fun in this forum! :yay:

Hello everyone, my name is Raz. I’ve known about lucid dreaming for a few years now. As a kid I was often aware of the fact that I was dreaming, and I’d try to wake myself from nightmares. Since learning about LDs I’ve tried to initiate them, but most of the LDs I’ve had, while fun, have been too short and somewhat disappointing. I find LDs very interesting and fun…hopefully by belonging to this forum and practicing I can improve and have LDs all the time! :smile:

Greetings Kin :cloud9: Got here via tortuga,i’ll be browsing for a while to see what’s going on.i’ve had a few LD’s but only in the context of my lifes path of finding out who i am and what i’m doing here - my personal mission.I started with the I-Ching and then got interested in all things Mayan …Anyway glad to be here with you all.Roger13*

:wave: Hey Raz! Welcome to the forum! :yay:

I trust you’ll find a lot of information and support on how to make your LDs more stable and long–lasting. :content:

Also, hi Roger! I think I saw you in SeaLife as well, have you joined both forums at once? :smile: Welcome to LD4all! I think you’ll like it here! :woot:

Long-time lurker, first-time poster.

I’ve read this site and drained its resouces into my brain many a time, and also browsed the forum a lot. I decided that “when the time was right”, I would join the forum, and last night I had my first lucid dream so I thought today would be a good time to join.

Hello!