The Big "Hi, I'm New Here!" Topic - Part XXXVIII

Welcome all!!

Moogle, that chained smiley looks so sad. I had to post its bond :hurray: " I’m free!! "

:welcome: Kam, enjoy your time :grin:

Hey everyone!

I’m Sid from India. Am 24, and pursuing my Masters in Business Administration.

Anyway, a few years ago, I accidentally stumbled upon LD. I distinctly remember a number of times when I’ve been aware that I was dreaming but I’ve never tried to control that before – so this is sumthin new. I first heard of the term in Waking Life (am an avid Cinema lover), a film I loved and that’s when I realized what it was that I was experiencing.

Anyway, I would like to start off on what promises to be an interesting journey. I’m greatly influenced by Richard Bach’s books and wish to use LD as a starting step to try and experience OOBE some time later in life.

Hello everyone. Here’s the short story on how I was lead to this site. Yesterday I was listening to science podcast (skeptics guide to the universe) whereas one of the callers mentioned having an OOBE. The host explained it as a Lucid dream. I was really fascinated by this so I looked it up on wikipedia. I ended up finding this site. So I read everything on the main page, the whole time thinknig. “this is incredible! The human mind is so amazing! I need to try this!!”. So last night I gave myself a crash-course in WILD, and gave it a shot. I’d like to say i was semi-successful. I dont think I actually had a LD, but whatever happened was strange and new. I plan on making another post about this in the “first steps” forum. I think with more practice I’ll be successful. I can definitely see this becoming one of my favorite hobbies :wink:. In fact I cant wait to go to sleep tonight :smile:.

:wave: hello Kam and sid :grin:

A lot of members first became lucid as a child during nightmares :eh: … I was unlucky enough not to have only rare nightmares so never got LDs that way :sad:

you will like our beyond dreaming forum :boogie:

noooo :cry: we may lose Lyii now :help:

Hi everybody! :smile:

I’m Nieko, from the Netherlands.

I first got interested in lucid dreaming 2.5 years ago, when I read about it in the newspaper. I got no further than just increased dream recall back then, so gave up… Until last december, when someone at my university gave a few lectures on lucid dreaming, and got me hooked :smile:

Despite the really steep and oddly shaped learning curve, I decided to persist, and finally succeeded in having sort of a lucid dream after 3 months or so. (I “realized” I was dreaming, and really only lying in bed, so I shouldn’t shout so much in my dreams as to avoid waking the others :razz:)

Ever since I started having more lucid dreams per month, but with great deviations. Sometimes up to 3 in one week, but my last one has already been 2.5 weeks ago… However, the “level of lucidity” has been increasing steadily. I’ve already flown and visited lost friends, while completely realizing what was going on :happy:

I’m currently (well, planning on doing so in my next LD anyway) trying to get more control, e.g. flying really fast (I seem to be stuck at 20km/h or so) or becoming really big/small.

The only big downside is that so far I only seem to become lucid “by chance”, because a dream sign is right under my very nose, while MILD and WILD haven’t worked yet… Well, perhaps soon :smile:

Concerning the forum, I’m currently in an internship, so I don’t have that much time to post… I’ll be reading though :smile:

:wave: Nieko, welcome to LD4all :grin:
You are doing great :thumbs: with the frequency and level of the LDs improving all the time :yay:

Have you joined our dutch forum too? :content:

And remember to bookmark the forum so you don’t forget all about us like Lyii did :tongue:

Hello, everyone! =0) Obviously I’m new here.

I’ve been interested in lucid dreams since they were first mentioned to me in my psych class years ago. I have yet to achieve one (probably because I haven’t been going about it right or consistently) but after finding this site I’m little bit more hopeful. =0)

Welcome sid, anarchyx34, Neiko, and Cherriey!!

and moogle, I didn’t mean to set Lyii free, just the poor innocent yellow guy. I think Lyii is still securely fastened to the site.

:smile: Hy i am new here well hy

‘And remember to bookmark the forum so you don’t forget all about us like Lyii did’

I’m sorry. XD
Better late than never…? Ha… ha… eh… x.o
My little fascinationg with OBEs has kept my glued to this site. o.o
Hugs LD4all
My mom thinks I’m erm… stupid and crazy… I tried explaining this stuff to her and she looked at me like: :crazy:
Eh oh well… I’m gonna learn how to LD and OBE and have more fun than she will. xP

Lol welcome Nieko… and Cherriey… and KingOmar. =P

And yeah… bookmarks are a usefull invention. :razz:

Unless you have injected the site name into a catchy tune that you hum to yourself frequently. All that you need to do is google it. =0)

:welcome: welcome to LD4all, Cherriey and KingOmar

I hope you experience your first LD in the not too distanct future :thumbs:
You may like to read the choosing your technique topic in the first steps forum. It will suggest which tech will prob work best for you and so increase your chances. :yay:

I have a question. What does the stars under the nicks mean? :confused:

it shows how much of a cookie addict one is.

check this topic: ld4all.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=3342 :wink:

I see. Thanks :smile: I’ll have one star in no time then :wink:

Warm welcome here :smile:

I haven’t joined the Dutch forum yet, I’ll probably read through the English forum first. But perhaps soon :smile:

HI im new here and i needed help with this :I had a weird dream and i wanted to know

I read the techniques every so often so that they will be commited to memory by the time I’m ready to try for my first LD. =0)

Hey all! I’m happy to have found this place, so here’s to the LD4All community!
I’m going to try out the various techniques detailed here, and hopefully I should be able to have some fun while sleeping to make up for my busy schedule.