The BIG "Hi I'm new here!" Topic XVII

<-- Potato :razz:

Well, I’ll start off with a simple 'ello. My friend and I are always getting into thing like this… I can only assume she’ll join as soon as I tell her about this site. (btw, I really love the set up, It’s so colorful. ) So currently we’re doing a project, multi-page report, and we chose lucid dreaming as our topic, and I thought this forum would be a great way to get some information (not to mention it’ll help me on my explorations).

Anyway, I’m Sam (or Keys, whatever you like), always been interested in weird stuff, I’m quite a curious person. I have several interests besides that including art, music, writing, acting, and animals. So, I’ll start looking around and see what I can find.

hello keys :welcome: welcome to LD4all
tell your friend to come out from behind the sofa :hide: and register too, we don’t bite :tongue:
you should find a lot of information in the intro and quest forums … plus basic lucid dreaming information on the main webpage on the dropdown menus. ld4all.com/ :peek:

I hope you both decide to stay with us after your project is over. :wiske:

Thank you. Great to know that people here are open and friendly.

Hello :cool:. You reached that age huh? The one where you get interessted odd stuff?

Well, you may actually be older than me. But meh, I like to sound grown up.

P.S. Don’t mind DePerc. He’s odd, yes. He may think he’s a potato, yes. He may even be insane, and be a danger to us and himself, yes.

But that doesn’t mea… actually, what am I saying? RUN! RUN NOW!

:tongue:

Hello everyone I’m new to the group.
I’ve been having Lucid dreams for a couple years, but the first few months I didn’t know that it was a Lucid dream, and also had no clue that you could bring them on, and practice them.
One day i was surfing the net, and on one of the self-hypnosis sites I went to had a page about being lucid in your dreams, so I did more research on it, and found out this is what was happening to me.
I have heard on this site where people can breath under water while lucid this has happened to me at least a dozen times.

I also have a few questions.

1. Is the static feeling that I get when waking up from a dream normal?

2. And can you have Lucid dreams in the afternoon? I know they mostly come in the early morning but can they also come in the afternoon, I ask this because I have tried , but nothing happens.

Thanks for the help.

Magic Letters

Hi and welcome, Magic Letters :cool:

I am not sure what you mean by the static feeling? I feel al little strange if I am woken up abruptly.

It is certainly possible to have lucid dreams in the afternoon. I have had some of my best ones ever while napping. The thing is, a lot of deep non-rem sleep is already done in the night. When we fall asleep in the afternoon, it is like falling asleep directly into a late sleep cycle, and we get a lot of dreamy REM sleep… Some people say it is easier to use the WILD technique while napping, too.

Good luck! :cool:

when I wake up and still in SP I feel this static sensation in my head sometimes it leads to an OBE, I was just wondering if anyone else has had this to happen

Hi!

1 LD and counting.

I became interested in Lucid Dreams when I stopped being able to remember my dreams (“I don’t have dreams anymore”, I thought)

My theory is that certain unmentionable traumatic experiences I had more than 10 years ago have scarred my subconscious, making it difficult for my mind to travel to those places and in that way again.

Needless to say, I was thrilled when I became aware one night while dreaming, but the thrill quickly faded as I struggled in vain to cling to the dream state.

Cheers to a pleasant journey for all you dreamers.

Greebings stv2049. Strange name. Welcome. You are using the internet. Congratulations. <.< >.>
Yes… good… hmm…

welcome to LD4all steve :smile: I see you are a game designer, LD’s (and ND’s too) can be very inspiring to design games, did you ever use your dreams for that?

'lo all, i’m new here. Came here cause the finnish (yes i’m finnish) own LD site’s forum is too dead and i can speak english pretty much as well as finnish. :happy:

:help: As there are those “help” thingys (I suck at explaining, live with it) in every LD word, like LD, WBTB, MILD etc. etc. And when u put ur mouse over it, it has the question mark next to it indicating “Help” option is available. So i hove rmy mouse around for while and get a start of the help but it ends in … so where can i find the full ones? :help: As i said, i suck at explaining but i hope u get my meaning

welcome to LD4all magic letters and stv2049 :boogie:
you should be able to post in the beyond dreaming forum about the OBEs magic letters :wiske:
Good Luck with the lucid dreaming stv2049, I hope you get your next one soon :thumbs:

:wave: hello Wrox
the topic for the mouse help is here https://community.ld4all.com/t/what-are-all-those-acronyms-ld-rc-nd-fa-etc/21605 Sticky: Dictionary - Acronyms

Basic information about LDs etc can be found on the drop down menu on the main page wwwld4all.com
Further information can be found in the lucidity intro forum and quest for lucidity forum.

I hope you enjoy being a member of LD4all Wrox :grin:

Greebings Wrox. You are yet ANOTHER Finn to join.
/me sweeps all the Finns away

hey you all, my name is Greg, online name is Geoffy cause the name stuck while I was playing Day of Defeat. I have really been trying to get onto the track of lucidity, any help would be appreciated :smile: I lurv my dreams.

:welcome: hello Geoffy, you should find the answers to all your queries in the different topics on the forum :grin:
Have fun browsing :user:

WOW, :wow: look at all the new people that have joined! :partying_face:

Welcome to everyone. :welcome:

Hi, I’m new! :tongue:

Welcome DrunkenDalaiLama :beer:

I hope you enjoy ld4all.

I find lucid dreaming to be a truly awesome experience and I hope you will too. :good:

If you have any questions feel free to ask.

Happy Dreaming :smile:

Hello everybody

I’m Sandra. I’m 15 years old. I never had a LD but I’m trying to get one. I’m Dutch, and the people who also visit the Dutch forum will know me there also as BlackAngel.
English isn’t my best thing, but I’ll try it. Reading I can do well, but writing is harder. So on this forum I will read the things but I think I won’t answer that much. And I also have the Dutch forum for other things.
I registrate myself on the English forum too, because sometimes when I’m doing WBTB I want to read something about LD. And I like to read the topics on this forum. There are also useful tips for me. And I found it much more easier to registrate myself.
I will mostly visit this forum in the night or when I’m annoying.
That’s it for now…