the BIG Lucid Crossroads Topic

i sort of did once, it was interesting.

I was going to go there tonight, if im not busy with other things that i am trying to do.

Why are you afraid?

I wanna go there some time. It’ll be an excellent place to try out shared dreaming, to see if it can be done.

Hi, i was just wondering if any has actually re-created the crossroads in their dreamscape. Whether it was in it’s entirety, or whether you changed it. I would also like to ask if anyone had been able to project through the use of that pool, if they’ve been able to re-create this dreamplace in their dreams. I personally think that I will be focusing on that in the next few days/weeks, it seems fairly simple enough, and if you memorize enough of the site, it’s bound to re-occur in your dreamstate.

If you dont know waht im talking about go to this site… (sorry i dont quite know how this forums URL links work, yet)

lucidcrossroads.co.uk/index.html

Last visit to my knowledge was on the 21/08/04, however people seem to visit and I find out after the fact, as they haven’t emailed me the account.

If you dream about your house or town when you dream its sometimes a little or vastly different, although at the time you know its your house/town. The Crossroads is the same, some seem nothing like the illustrations others, like my visits, are perfect recreations.

As for the pool, I think its only been used to enter the Crossroads (someone came out of the water into the LC).

lucidcrossroads.co.uk/dream.htm this is the most recent dream there.

lucidcrossroads.co.uk/dreamcrossroads.htm this is the archive of all visits made there whilst lucid.

Also in the last few days <a lucidcrossroads.co.uk/astral.htm the astral page. I will be doing the same to the techniques page soon.

hello Jestrodomous :grin:
you may like to read
Lucid Crossroads at last
part 1 [Lucid Crossroads at last!)

part 2 ld4all.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=1884

I’m sure that many of you have heared of the lucid crossroads… For Anybody who has used them, do you find that they help? What advantages do you find there? Does going there come naturally for you? It sounds like a good idea, I am going to try to go and stay there as well as I can my next LD

Thanks!

I headed to the lucid crossroads once in an LD. It wasnt what it was supposed to be but the lady there assured me that it was the lucid crossroads. She was like a receptionist and you had to ask her to “prepare” a door for you. Beyond this door could be anything you wanted. I asked her to prepare a door with an erupting volcano behind it. unfortunately I woke up as oon as the door opened. HA!

i have only been there once and that helped me have a shared dream or a strangly extremly close dream with someone else, with detials that i didnt know about the person being right from what i saw inthe dream. but i have only been able to get there once i am blocking my self :confused:

Sorry about the ignorance, but what is the lucid crossroads?

lucidcrossroads.co.uk/ A space described on a website just for LDers, you look at the site load up your brain so when you LD your able to recreate the LC in the lucid dream.

Its also about shared dreaming, the loose theory being if many people recreate the place in the mind when dreaming then cross linking between minds may occur.

All of you who ever been there, please write about the experience… Is it a cool place? :cool:

Many of the experiences are on these two pages lucidcrossroads.co.uk/dreamcrossroads.htm but others are not listed as they haven’t been sent to the site.

Its going to get far cooler very soon… watch this space. :cool:

I very nearly went to the Lucid Crossroads. I tried spinning my way there. I was only half lucid, though, and I was flying above the crossroads when the dream faded.

I tried to find lucid crossroads the other morning. Spend about 40 minutes flying around in the desert looking for it! =P

Pantalimon gave me some pointers on locating the place, so I’m going to keep trying! I want to meet his custodians first hand, that should be a wild experience!

If you have good stable LD’s like Seeker I’d not recomend flying around to see it in the desert maybe as your dream eyes can see far and its hard for the brain to imagine finding a small place like the LC in a vast desert.

I’d recomend landing and crouching down, looking at the desert sand/ground examining the detail whilst you imagine the Crossroads behind you or infront. When you stand up slowly it should be there with luck.

I was reading in that crossroads site with the two blue host and the dojo, doors, mirror and pond.

Is it real?

Well… you can certainly visit it.

But the real question is, can you meet other people there? That is, is it real possible to share a dream?
And the answer is… I dunno. Some people have claimed that they have had shared dreams, but there’s been no hard proof of it.

Has anyone visited the crossroads? Is it excatly the same as in the website?

Plenty of people have visited the crossroads - whether or not it’s exactly the same… I dunno.

I suppose in some cases it would be, whilst in other it wasn’t.

You see, cos even if shared dreaming isn’t possible, our brains store the information from the site, and basically creates the dreamscape from what it remembers.

If shared dreaming is real, then there’s a number of things it could be,

a) just like above, it’s created from your mind - but when someone else creates it, your dreams merge and the dream will be built from both your minds.

b) it’s a real place in the dream world (or astral, or whatever it is you wanna call it).

c) just like above, you make it. But then when someone else want to go to it, they enter your dream. So, it’s all made by a single person.

d) something else?

Jeez, I hope that all makes sense :confused:.