The BIG meditation as a LD Aid topic

go here, Chilla
[Binaural beats)

Well, Steve, it seems like it would work, but, from what I’ve read on you thread about it, youd have to buy equipment or have to make something at home which I wouldn’t want to do. But I don’t know much about it, some I’m not going to try and discourage anyone from trying it out…

All you need is a mp3 or CD player

Oh. So, do you know where I could download one of these files?

You can download BrainWave Generator for free for binaural beats (there is a thread here in which Q explains a lot about BWG and some presets), and you can go to LucidQuest and sign up for free and download some soundscapes that might be useful. LucidQuest should be getting binaural beats soon.

look in the library :smile: there is a thread about BWGEN there that Philthemn wrote :smile:

Also, I tried something out last night. I layed down, with my headphones on, and made the proper preparations for meditation, then, instead of doing anything, I tried to observe all the strange colors on my eyelids (phosphenes?). After a while they begin to swirl and sway and become very interesting and entertaining to observe. I found that it sucked my thought away pretty much immediately. Granted, I only did this for five minutes after a mantra meditation during which I suddenly sprung up, looked at the time, and decided A. I hadn’t, meditated long enough to meet my likings, and B. that I was bored of Mantra Meditations.

Mantra Meditation.
Breathing Meditation.
Visualization Meditation.
Energy Flow Meditation.
Sinking Meditation.
DayDream Meditation.
Eyelid Meditation (for lack of a better name).
Third Eye Meditation.

And there you have it; All the meditations I’ve tried and liked, or made up myself.

Has anyone tried Falun Dafa?
My god it’s incredible, search it out on google you’ll be amazed.

Eh, It’s not the thing for me…

I’m kind of thinking specific, step by step meditations, by the way. Just to let everyone know. Not a generalized type of meditation, but I’m talking about personalized meditations; in case anyone wants to post what meditations they do.

I’ve been reading about the Ajna Chakra meditation(3rd eye chakra) here and there and I was wondering if someone experienced could help me out a little…
when I roll back my eyes in the direction of the center of the forhead, am I supposed to be a little crosseyed? or is looking up enough?

Okay Svav, that’s a good question. Luckily, I have the answer.
Step one: Find a trusty old ruler.
Step Two: Measure three inches out from your forehead.
Step Three: hold your finger where three or so inches away from the center of your forehead is.

Now, look at your finger. You’re a little cross-eyed and it’s a bit uncomfortable, yes? Well, luckily for you, you now refocus so your eyes aren’t crossed but still at that same angle.

Anything else?

thanks alot man that one has been troubleing me but I have another one. When I practise this meditation, I have to try with all my might to hold my eyes shut and that really disturbes the position of my eyes

should I just try to get used to that or is there something I might be doing wrong?

Ah. That’s another good question. First, tell, me, what position do you meditate in, how long do you meditate, and how long do you usually keep focused?

I sit with my legs crossed like instructed at many places and I usually meditate(or at least try to) for 5 minutes tops because I get irritated especially about not keeping my eyes closed and I don’t think I stay focused at all, I always get irritated about keeping my eyes in the right place and keeping them open

Well, I’m going to suggest that you try Third Eye meditation while laying down in bed. Also, I’m going going to suggest that you might try a few other types of meditation that you could do for a bit longer. Ten, fifteen minutes, say.

what do you suggest?

Well, I’d say do a concentration type meditation one day (Third Eye Med.), then another days to a relaxation meditation. Say, multiple PMR meds.